Justsmack123

CRBA, US PASSPORT & DNA TEST in US EMBASSY ISLAMABAD & KARACHI, PAKISTAN

8 posts in this topic

I have applied for CRBA & US Passports for my children at Islamabad & Karachi Consulate. I like to share the time frame and DNA process with you because when I was in the process for CRBA and DNA I was not able to find anyone sharing there experience on these specific topic about US Embassy Islamabad & Karachi.

I will not talk about the FORMS you need to fill up because its easy to get from there website and i am sure you get alot of help filling them up from VISA JOURNEY.

My first child was born on Feb 2010 in Punjab District so i had to take her to Islamabad Embassy while My family was living in Karachi. It is one of the Rule that you will apply on same District for CRBA and Passport where child was born, no matter where you live on the time of applying CRBA and US Passport. On December 22nd,2014 I scanned all the forms on there website (this is one of the requirement before they offer you an appointment to make sure all forms are filled to avoid trips to embassy in Islamabad, same rule is NOT effective for Karachi Consulate). Once they review the forms they offered me anappointment for January 22nd 2015. At the interview Consular Officer suggested a DNA test to establish a biological relations to the child becauae I guess I didn't had enough evidence to convince him. On January 28,2015. I paid GENETICA LAB located at OHIO,USA $800 to do DNA for me and my child at US Embassy Islamabad. (You have option you can always go back to USA and give your sample there and they will take your child sample here in Embassy) but I decided to stay here in Pakistan because I thought it will be quick process but I was wrong. Genetics Lab sent DNA KIT with in 7 days to the US Embassy but they go by numbers you have to wait in queue and finally I received an email from them on March 20,2015 offering an appointment on April 1st,2015 at Islamabad Embassy. On the Embassy they had a doctor who charged me RS/3000 and took a sample from me and my child at the front of Consulor Officer and then I guess they mailed the sample to LAB at OHIO,USA. On May 18 I received an email from Embassy to come pickup the CRBA & PASSPORT.

Second child at Karachi consulate was easier. On sep 17th U request for an appointment they gave me for Sep 23rd 2015. They don't require you to scan and submit all forms before they offer you a appointment.Interview was smooth and easier after interview officer handed me a paper explaining it will take 25 to 35 business days for CRBA & passport. On Nov 2nd they call me and requested a new Picture of Baby because they said even New Born babies are also required to keep there eyes open for US Passport. I had to delivered a new Pic of baby with Eyes open and now they said 10 more days and we will get CRBA & US Passport. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Thanks for all the information, my family lived in punjab district but child was born in Karachi, i have an interview coming up on 17th of Dec I got all the paperwork ready except the 5 years residency can you tell me what exactly you provide to prove the 5 years residency and also, I'm a us citizen my wife is not do I need 5 years of residence for her as well or mine will be sufficient.

Thanks waiting for answer

I had my all the old Passport to show the 5 years of Residence. They will check & count Exit and Entry stamps on your Passports as a evidence of your Stay in USA, make sure you take all old Passports with you include (old Pakistani Passport) because they like to match the dates what you provided on DS-2029 and other related forms. Second they might want to see your Wife Pakistani Passport but not for 5 years residence purpose. This is only Required for US Citizen parent.

On Dec 17 when you go to Karachi consulate you have to go to Gate 3, Parking is on the other side of the Road. After security check you will walk to the place where they will take your interview. At the First step they want you to Pay $205 to the Cashier. Second step will be collecting the Documents at differentexperiencedow, make sure you are Organized with your Documents take your time to hand him correct documents, he will ask for your old passports. After collecting the required documents he Will ask you to wait until they call you for a final interview. On Third step and this time Consular Officer will interview you and hopefully he will appoved your Child CRBA Application. Remember to take original Nikkah Nama and English translation. Please share your experience after your interview so it help others. Thank You in advance and good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from DCF to CRBA forum where others may look for such experiences *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 3 years later...

Ok, so today we went to apply for CRBA and the US Passport for my 3 month old at US Consulate Karachi. Every think is pretty much explained in the posts above. just a few things, 1st is you are going to apply CRBA for an infant, they won't let you take powder milk. they will ask you to make a bottle and take it with you. Also be prepare to spend atleast 3 hours over there. and please please be organized with your documents. take a few pictures of your wedding and child birth and also your baby's medical record from his/her birth. Fill out the forms properly

Edited by Roheena

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello

I would really appreciate an answer from someone who has gone through CRBA & First Passport for an infant at US Embassy Islamabad recently.
How long it takes for the embassy to process CRBA & passport?

My Son's first Passport & CRBA Appointment was at US Embassy Islamabad on 21st December 2020. All required documents submitted, Passport & CRBA fee paid, all required forms filled and submitted.

Consular Officer asked for some additional proof about 5 years physical presence in US. Those additional proofs were mailed on 20th January 2021. After that no update from US Embassy Islamabad.

Getting really worried now as my own IV is expiring on 5th May 2021. Can't leave my 1 year old behind.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/17/2021 at 2:31 AM, SabaQazi said:

Hello

I would really appreciate an answer from someone who has gone through CRBA & First Passport for an infant at US Embassy Islamabad recently.
How long it takes for the embassy to process CRBA & passport?

My Son's first Passport & CRBA Appointment was at US Embassy Islamabad on 21st December 2020. All required documents submitted, Passport & CRBA fee paid, all required forms filled and submitted.

Consular Officer asked for some additional proof about 5 years physical presence in US. Those additional proofs were mailed on 20th January 2021. After that no update from US Embassy Islamabad.

Getting really worried now as my own IV is expiring on 5th May 2021. Can't leave my 1 year old behind.

Hello,

Did you get the CRBA and US Passport for your child? I have sent them an email today (1/5/2023) and I am now awaiting a response from them. Hopefully I will get an appointment soon.

Edited by Mardan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.