Da & Ra

Ap to interview then Ap again --I'm shocked !

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If he is indeed married or was married, I would be wary, especially if he divorced recently within the last 2 years.

A common path some people take to get US citizenship for them and their families is to fail the K-1 (this builds a false sense of security, and a more willingness to pursue the relationship further), and marry in their home country. Once married, they file spousal visa and wait until they get their US citizenship. Once naturalized in 3 years they divorce the US Citizen and petition their former wife and kids over to the USA.

I'm not saying this is your case, but it's something to think about and be aware of these days.

My Fiance is proving to me he never been married or any of that, i know that from a fact from freinds, but its just when the CO gave me the name and birthday i hold my breath and was like..what..say that again... With this life you can expect anything from anyone.

Thanks for you reply

Timeline

If you decide you can't be married to him, you should not keep a 'friendship' and you two should end the relationship. Many people are still friends with their ex and will even jeopardize a new relationship to maintain this friendship (by trying to force the new partner to accept the friendship by calling them insecure, jealous, or immature). A man and a woman that had an intimate/romantic/dedicated relationship that can no longer continue that relationship, no matter the reason, should not continue the relationship. If they do, then nothing has changed, they are still continuing a relationship.

They may tell themselves that they are friends and not really in a relationship and see other people, but that's a falsehood and it's selfish. You love him and not ready to end it. That's understandable. If you keep it, it's a romantic relationship, not a friendship. Letting go of someone is not negative - sometimes it's the most selfless thing you can do. Don't "keep" him unless it's the healthiest thing to do. If you two can't be together as man and wife, you cannot expect him to forego pursuing a marriage with another woman and you cannot expect his wife to accept you as the "friend" when really you are another woman in the relationship. You cannot expect your new husband (when/if you get to that point) to accept some dude Skyping with you in your bedroom.

I hope you aren't reading this and feeling like I'm trying to berate you. I just want to express to you that sometimes the most loving thing you can do for someone is to let them go. That's true even if you and/or they don't want to let the relationship go. You can't prepare yourself for a new relationship while being in an old one. Men may think they can, but that's because they are dummies and the ones that do are using women.

Yes, that's true. I am still in a freinship relation with my ex after all he did to me its just for the sake of our 2 kids. As for my Finace, when it time to let go and no hope whatso ever, then me and him must move on, i do not see myself in a new relations at all because i feel i can never love a man like i love him, he also say the same thing, but i will never hold him from moving on specailly he does not have kids and want to settle and have a family, our relation been holding on more than 3 years,, i mean , im not that selifish.. He's very hurt now, hes really sad and fearing our relation will end because of that and trying to make any possible way to stay together by saying come live with me in Jordan and so on.. but... who know what will happen now.. just some wait for few month till everything clears things will change to better :)

Timeline

I feel sad for the situation your fiance put you in. Like others have said, I think the chances of him ever being granted a visa are very slim. Stay strong.

:cry: im trying to stay strong my dear.. praying for the best for both of us... thank you kindly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Yes, CO's use this tactic if they suspect a hidden wife/kids or misrepresentation. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong.

OP's fiance has admitted his lie, so to prove he really has no wife and kids will be almost impossible and the CO was correct to zoom in on this and

refuse the visa. I don't think they just say 'oh ok we believe you lied and it's ok', nope...they will say prove it and convince us what is true.

It is easier to proof you are married than not married.

That's why I said if it's not true. They wouldn't just make this stuff up unless they had some facts in front of them, right? Which unfortunately for the OP is bad news, right? Just trying to get as close to the truth as possible.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi DA& RA , when did your fiancé apply for his tourist visa ? If it's been over 5 years it won't be a burden , you just need a good lawyer to fight it .i wish u best things to come .

Timeline

Hi DA& RA , when did your fiancé apply for his tourist visa ? If it's been over 5 years it won't be a burden , you just need a good lawyer to fight it .i wish u best things to come .

he applied early 2012. I dont know if we can do anything about it, just waiting for embassy reply. He submitted all evidents to prove he is not married. The CO asked for his family book which he sumited ,his civil, proof he is not married or never been.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

he applied early 2012. I dont know if we can do anything about it, just waiting for embassy reply. He submitted all evidents to prove he is not married. The CO asked for his family book which he sumited ,his civil, proof he is not married or never been.

The proof you submitted is good but they can still hit him with misrepresentation for lying on the previous application.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

That's why I said if it's not true. They wouldn't just make this stuff up unless they had some facts in front of them, right? Which unfortunately for the OP is bad news, right? Just trying to get as close to the truth as possible.

No, not necessarily, if they suspect or were mislead by a lie then they will still use this tactic to rattle the truth out of him.

It doesn't mean they have facts or evidence, just suspicion. The lie in front of them is he is married even though he is not (according to

the family book and civil evidence.)

There is a thread here (can't find it) where they put someone through a very tough interrogation using this tactic, leaving her/him in tears and it was all

false assumptions. But in this topic's case the beneficiary brought it upon himself with a previous lie which even though disproven with factual evidence,

can bring about being hit with misrepresentation.

Even if it's been 20 years, it is a burden because he lied on his application.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

What iam thinking about is if he proves he is not married, they will not let go that he lied in his previous application and also lied to me as i am his petitioner, so he is stuck in both ways and he need a miracle for a visa approval if not a permenant bar which will be fatal to our relation. :crying:

Timeline

What iam thinking about is if he proves he is not married, they will not let go that he lied in his previous application and also lied to me as i am his petitioner, so he is stuck in both ways and he need a miracle for a visa approval if not a permenant bar which will be fatal to our relation. :crying:

That is correct, the discretion will be with the CO on what they will do. I am surprised they haven't returned the case back to USCIS yet.

Spoiler

Timeline

That is correct, the discretion will be with the CO on what they will do. I am surprised they haven't returned the case back to USCIS yet.

Why they did not take this in consideration from first interview? at lease i didnt have to wait all this long and submit waivers and travel and pay all this money and worst of all that is my deep love to him, im so affraid i will lose him forever... How will i know if they returned the case?

Timeline

Why they did not take this in consideration from first interview? at lease i didnt have to wait all this long and submit waivers and travel and pay all this money and worst of all that is my deep love to him, im so affraid i will lose him forever... How will i know if they returned the case?

If some people only get one interview and a decision then they feel it is unfair, you have been given more than one interview and they

are doing all they can to make a decision with what they have, so several interviews is a good thing.

The only way you will know if the petition has been returned is if they tell you that or you request the status through a senator.

Right now it sounds like they are reviewing your submitted proofs at the embassy to reach a conclusion. Most other petitions would have been

returned by now to let USCIS expire them. All you can do is wait now.

Spoiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I think a big piece to this puzzle is understanding why he lied in the first place, and how much he actually lied. For the OP's sake and the sake of giving advice. This case is either very easy with a veil of deceit, or very complicated with good intentions but a past of not knowing how to get them to the surface.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Timeline

If some people only get one interview and a decision then they feel it is unfair, you have been given more than one interview and they

are doing all they can to make a decision with what they have, so several interviews is a good thing.

The only way you will know if the petition has been returned is if they tell you that or you request the status through a senator.

Right now it sounds like they are reviewing your submitted proofs at the embassy to reach a conclusion. Most other petitions would have been

returned by now to let USCIS expire them. All you can do is wait now.

I emailed the congresswoman that helped me before and explained the situation hopfully she can offer some advice and help. i keep checking the status, it says AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.