jjjdddlll

120 days past interview reccommended for approval, USCIS says keep waiting

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We received a letter with a date for the oath ceremony in the mail.

Do you mind giving me an exact time frame? and what did u do to get? Just waiting?

Timeline

Letter received about 10 days ago with a date for an Oath Ceremony about 2 weeks in advance. Just waited.

Sorry to ask so many questions but how long after the 120 days?

Did u request any name change?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for the update with this good news.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/6/2016 at 5:56 AM, jjjdddlll said:

Hello. I know this is beyond late and you probably forgot all about it, but did you do anything to get that letter?? Or did it just happen to arrive after 120 days?? Its been 90 days for me, but i think my issue is related to the fact that on the day of the interview computers were down and we switched many computers. My field office doesn't schedule infopass. So no idea what to do

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 10:00 PM, Suha10 said:

Hello. I know this is beyond late and you probably forgot all about it, but did you do anything to get that letter?? Or did it just happen to arrive after 120 days?? Its been 90 days for me, but i think my issue is related to the fact that on the day of the interview computers were down and we switched many computers. My field office doesn't schedule infopass. So no idea what to do

Sorry for the late reply. To be honest I don't remember much about this whole process, it's been a few years and I think I've subconsciously erased it from my brain as it was all so stressful and ridiculous. With that said the only thing I did was wait, wait, and wait some more. I haven't gone through this thread again to see what I've said but I remember we were waaaay past the designated time, and going in for an Infopass session was fruitless—they just recite the same thing over and over and cover for themselves. Legal action sounds great in theory but in practice is a pretty absurd suggestion, except I'd imagine for people who don't have straight-forward cases or have been actually wronged (instead of just absurd waiting times). It's really difficult but you can only keep waiting! Good luck!

Timeline
On 12/2/2018 at 11:00 PM, Suha10 said:

Its late I hope you akready got the response you were looking for 

in my case, my oath was delayed for 1 full year

12 months of waiting and stress 

I screwed up at the interview and asked for a name change at the interview so that made the interviewer suspicious 

so they delayed it beyond the 120 days 

it was going to go even further until I did a truthful move and I sent a letter in the mail to the Director of USCIS and the Director of my field office, explaining my delay and showing how good of a resident I am and that i deserve to be a proud citizen 

5 days after the letter arrived I got an oath scheduled 

try that as sometimes files get put in the drawer and they need some one to shake them 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, moekaroit said:

Its late I hope you akready got the response you were looking for 

in my case, my oath was delayed for 1 full year

12 months of waiting and stress 

I screwed up at the interview and asked for a name change at the interview so that made the interviewer suspicious 

so they delayed it beyond the 120 days 

it was going to go even further until I did a truthful move and I sent a letter in the mail to the Director of USCIS and the Director of my field office, explaining my delay and showing how good of a resident I am and that i deserve to be a proud citizen 

5 days after the letter arrived I got an oath scheduled 

try that as sometimes files get put in the drawer and they need some one to shake them 

My case has been pending for over 60 days after the interview and I'm thinking about writing a letter to my U.S. representative. Do you mind sharing how you sent that letter to the field office? Did you use the normal address of the field office addressed to the field office director?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Santos12 said:

My case has been pending for over 60 days after the interview and I'm thinking about writing a letter to my U.S. representative. Do you mind sharing how you sent that letter to the field office? Did you use the normal address of the field office addressed to the field office director?

Do you mind giving me more details? 

What are the results of the interview? 

What is the reason for the delay? 

Did they mention anything to be the reason of delaying your petition? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, moekaroit said:

Do you mind giving me more details? 

What are the results of the interview? 

What is the reason for the delay? 

Did they mention anything to be the reason of delaying your petition? 

Everything went fine during the interview. I passed the English and civics test. Throughout the interview the IO talked like she was going to approve me but at the end of the interview she handed me a letter saying that a decision couldn't be made yet. I asked why and she explained that she couldn't approve me yet because of pending background checks and that I would receive a letter in the mail within 30 days. I thought I was going to be approved on the spot because my case was simple and straightforward. Needless to say I walked out of the office feeling disappointed. I applied under the 3-year rule. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Santos12 said:

Everything went fine during the interview. I passed the English and civics test. Throughout the interview the IO talked like she was going to approve me but at the end of the interview she handed me a letter saying that a decision couldn't be made yet. I asked why and she explained that she couldn't approve me yet because of pending background checks and that I would receive a letter in the mail within 30 days. I thought I was going to be approved on the spot because my case was simple and straightforward. Needless to say I walked out of the office feeling disappointed. I applied under the 3-year rule. 

Sounds exactly like my case

you have to wait the 120 days before you can do anything 

even contacting your senator office wont help 

but you have to exert all the administrative channels before you contact the director of the USCIS field office 

i am sorry to say that but you need to be patient 

This is the order I suggest you go by 

-wait the 120 days

-contact uscis after the 120 days and ask to be transfered to tier 2 officer They will submit a request that most likely will return to you as “background pending” then you got to wait 90 days to be able to submit anything 

-contact your senators office with all the details you mentioned and they will most likely return to you with the same answer as above 

-after waiting the 90 days, give USCIS another call or schedule an info pass, they will make another inquiry and instruct you to wait another 90 days 

-now its up to you wether you want to contact the director of USCIS field office but its adviced to do so 

its a long exhausting process I know 

but as soon as you are sworn in you will forget all about the stress and enjoy it! 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, moekaroit said:

Sounds exactly like my case

you have to wait the 120 days before you can do anything 

even contacting your senator office wont help 

but you have to exert all the administrative channels before you contact the director of the USCIS field office 

i am sorry to say that but you need to be patient 

This is the order I suggest you go by 

-wait the 120 days

-contact uscis after the 120 days and ask to be transfered to tier 2 officer They will submit a request that most likely will return to you as “background pending” then you got to wait 90 days to be able to submit anything 

-contact your senators office with all the details you mentioned and they will most likely return to you with the same answer as above 

-after waiting the 90 days, give USCIS another call or schedule an info pass, they will make another inquiry and instruct you to wait another 90 days 

-now its up to you wether you want to contact the director of USCIS field office but its adviced to do so 

its a long exhausting process I know 

but as soon as you are sworn in you will forget all about the stress and enjoy it! 

Wow. It sounds like you went through an exhausting process. But I'm glad that it's over for you. I read that there's also a judicial option after the 120 days have passed, but I wonder how long that would take. With the government shutdown and a lot of backlog, that would probably take even longer. I will be contacting the director after the 120 days but that will probably be the last resort. May I ask if you used the field office's address for the letter?   Also did you apply under the 3-year rule?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.