Nich-Nick

British Accent

50 posts in this topic

I just looked this sketch up on YouTube and posted it on my fiancé's Facebook haha. Too damn right.

This is brilliant!

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I went to the petrol station (or gas station as I keep getting corrected) to buy Milk, went through the normal scenario of "Hi, how are you doing today" give the lady a nice positive answer and she said "Oh wow your from Ireland huh" I said "No Im from North East England, Stockton-on-Tees to be exact" she looked at me blankly turned to her co-worker and said "He's got an Irish accent" LOL

I get strange looks all the time when I talk here and some people honestly don't have a clue what I'm saying and I have to keep repeating myself and I find myself doing a very strange accent to help them out :) I asked a guy on a yogurt truck for a peanut butter crunch yogurt and got handed pineapple I had to repeat myself another 2 times before my wife stepped in and said "Peanut butter crunch" the exact way I did and he seemed to understand her perfect!

So at local bar I say "Pint of Guinness please"

Sever "Pardon me?"

Me "Guinness please"

Server " I don't think we have that"

Me "That" (pointing at the Guinness tap)

Server "Oh Guinness"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Since Jon is here visiting I can share another fun accent story!

Recently we were all together for Thanksgiving and my brother and his wife were in town and this was the first time he was able to meet them since they have not been here on any of his previous visits. Keep in mind during this story that my brother's wife is Puerto Rican and has her own lovely Spanish accent!

We enter the house with Thanksgiving gifts in tow and say our hellos to my parents and my brother. His wife comes out of the back guest room where they are staying for the holiday and immediately gives Jon a huge hug because that is just how awesome she is. She asks him how his flight was and how his trip has been so far and then quickly interrupts him to say (imagine a thick Spanish accent) "I LOOOOOOVES your accent! Can you please records something for me so I cans listen to it whenever I want?" (The extra S's are intentional!)

Needless to say before we left the house Jon recorded her voicemail greeting so she could call her own number and hear his accent anytime she wanted. I thought it was hilarious considering she has a great accent herself but for some reason loves Jon's more! ;)

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

My fiance has been here a few times and has met my mum many times, they even go out to play bingo on Wednesday nights. One day on her last visit here she was talking to my mum and my mum was nodding and smiling. My fiance was waiting for an answer and my mum never replied. I asked her (mum) what she thought. Mum said about what! Keep in mind that my mum is 84 years old. I asked did you hear what she asked. Mum said No,I have no idea what she was asking, I just love to hear her talk :lol:

I remember the first time we talked on the phone and I was in aww of her accent too but now I'm so used to it that I barely notice it anymore. Now only thing now we both notice is when we use a word that has different meaning but it doesn't happen too much anymore.

Our Timeline AOS Timeline

10/24/13 - Met online 04/30/16 - Sent AOS Forms I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-325a, G-1145 with check

01/16/14 - Fell in love online 05/07/16 - Received text & email with case#

05/03/14 - Met for first time - He went to England 05/09/16 - Check cashed for $1,070.00

08/07/14 - She came to USA 1st time 05/13/16 - Received NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

12/28/14 - She came to USA 2nd time 06/03/16 - Biometrics Appointment

02/10/15 - Officially engaged at the Grand Canyon 08/01/16 - Email & Text saying I-131 & I-765 Approved

04/27/15 - She came to USA 3rd time 08/06/16 - Received letters of approval for I-131 & !765

07/14/15 - She came to USA 4th time 08/12/16 - Received Combo card in US mail!

10/14/16 - Received RFE for proof of marriage

K1 VISA Timeline 10/15/16 - Sent in RFE paperwork

09/23/15 - Sent info to Rapid Visa 10/19/16 - Received text - AOS APPROVED!!!!

10/13/15 - Conformation from USCIS - NOA1 10/22/16 - Received hard copy of I-485 approval

11/06/15 - I-129F Approved! via USCIS Website! 10/22/16 - Received text - Your 2 year Greed card has mailed

11/13/15 - Received hard copy in mail - NOA2 10/25/16 - Received Green Card in the mail! - Yahoooo!

11/23/15 - Received by NVC (called on 24th)

11/24/15 - Called NVC and got LND#

11/30/15 - Case status at NVC: READY!

01/12/16 - Medical completed!

01/23/16 - Packet 4 received

01/27/16 - Interview - APPROVED!

02/05/16 - Visa In Hand

02/11/16 - POE - Ohio

04/02/16 - Wedding - Yahooo!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.