Nguyet T Cutting

i have been waiting for the green card interview for 6 months

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everybody, i live near Dallas, TX and i have been waiting for the green card interview for 6 months. I received work permit and travel parole 3 months ago. I would like to ask if its fine to travel back to Vietnam ok or not and how long.we would like to have the wedding ceremony and visit my family over there. Does it make me trouble to come back to the US? Or should i keep waiting for the interview first and usually how long more? Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

~While you are waiting, :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum.~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

This seems to vary wildly. But as Pitaya suggest would help if people provided their timelines accurately for these purposes http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?cfl=

The AOS timelines dont seem to have as much volume considering how many other timelines/users are on here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everybody, i live near Dallas, TX and i have been waiting for the green card interview for 6 months. I received work permit and travel parole 3 months ago. I would like to ask if its fine to travel back to Vietnam ok or not and how long.we would like to have the wedding ceremony and visit my family over there. Does it make me trouble to come back to the US? Or should i keep waiting for the interview first and usually how long more? Thank you.

I would suggest to wait. Mine took 4 months from biometrics to interview/green card. Just note that you will need some time to gather all your documents/proof for the interview and you both have to be present at the interview. You also have to consider the possibility of an RFE and if you're away and you don't submit the additional documents on time then this will cause some problems and delays with your case.

You can travel overseas and from what I've read you can travel for several months as long as the AP is valid which is valid for one year from the date of issuance. If you haven't heard after a month I suggest you call for an update because some people has been getting theirs after 2-4 months from biometrics that's if you have a simple case. You might as well just wait 'til you have your interview because the GC will be sent out to you immediately after that.

Timeline

Thank you for your advice. I actually have the appointment with the immigration officer this thursday. Should i ask them when the interview will come or usually how long does it take for getting the green card interview? Will they consider about my case after i ask them? I mean they will doubt and make it longer to wait?

I also will ask if i use advance parole to travel oversea is it gonna affect my case later?

When yoi were at the interview, did yoi bring all the forms you used to fill out before ? Or you just brought the original documents only?

Thank you so much

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for your advice. I actually have the appointment with the immigration officer this thursday. Should i ask them when the interview will come or usually how long does it take for getting the green card interview? Will they consider about my case after i ask them? I mean they will doubt and make it longer to wait?

I also will ask if i use advance parole to travel oversea is it gonna affect my case later?

When yoi were at the interview, did yoi bring all the forms you used to fill out before ? Or you just brought the original documents only?

Thank you so much

Unfortunately Dallas is one of the most backed up field offices right now - those of us with application dates of November 2014 are only just getting our interviews scheduled for this month (which means the wait time for an AOS interview notice is about 11 months).

See this thread for what some other Dallas AOS filers are experiencing:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/515180-dallas-aos-filerstimelines-2013-2014/page-14

As for your AP question, I can't imagine using it will have any bearing on your case (that's what it's there for!) - unless being out of the country causes you to miss your interview, or you're out of the country for an extended period of time (over 6 months) without good reason. My advice is purely from a personal standpoint, so take it with a large grain of salt.

Timeline

Hi there. Thanks for your info. Omg seems like i have to wait for alomost a year i guess. I sent application on april 2015. So just half way waiting time. I checked that mostly people wait really long.

I have a question. I can still use my advance parole to travel home with my husband even though my J1 visa (which my visa i first came to the US) expired year ago?

Filed: Timeline

Hi there. Thanks for your info. Omg seems like i have to wait for alomost a year i guess. I sent application on april 2015. So just half way waiting time. I checked that mostly people wait really long.

I have a question. I can still use my advance parole to travel home with my husband even though my J1 visa (which my visa i first came to the US) expired year ago?

Yes - it's been incredibly frustrating to say the least... hang in there!

My understanding is that as long as your i-485 is still in progress and your AP is valid, then your travel and subsequent return to the US should not be an issue (however, as with all things related to US immigration, nothing is 100% guaranteed)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.