mrs.mnez

Have my Interview Schedule already!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Thank you, guys!!! :yes:

Im on route to the next step which is the medical. Wish me luck! :star::star::star:

Congrats....I am military also and i am almost done at the NVC where i put in my request for exepdite and it was approved....Now I am gearing up to battle with the embassy. I am ready for whatever they throw at me

USCIS California

29 Aug 05 - Mailed I-130 to TSC (Day 1)

20 Sept 05 - Received I-797 Notice of Action from CSC with Processing date 14 Sept 05 (Day 24)

3 Feb 06 - I-130 Approved (Day 161)

8 Feb 06 - Received I-797 NOA of Approval in mail (Day 166)

National Visa Center

21 Feb 06 - Case # Assigned (Day 179)

25 Feb 06 - Received AOS bill & DS-3032

27 Feb 06 - Mailed DS-3032 back to NVC (fedex from Phils)

27 Feb 06 - Mailed AOS bill with payment back to NVC (overnight)

03 Mar 06 - AOS Bill Payment Updated in NVC system

28 Feb 06 - NVC received AOS payment

02 Mar 06 - NVC received DS-3032 Form

03 Mar 06 - AOS bill payment updated in NVC system

08 Mar 06 - DS-3032 updated in NVC system

16 Mar 06 - Received I-864 package (mailed next day overnight)

18 Mar 06 - NVC received I-864 package back

20 Mar 06 - IV Bill generated and mailed

25 Mar 06 - Received IV Bill

27 Mar 06 - IV Bill Mailed (overnight)

13 Apr 06 - DS-230 Received

14 Apr 06 - DS-230 Mailed (overnight)

27 Apr 06 - Received RFE

28 Apr 06 - Mailed RFE (overnight)

04 May 06 - CASE COMPLETE

11 May 06 - CASE FORWARDED TO EMBASSY IN MANILA

28 May 06 - Packet 4 Received

07 Jun 06 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Jun 06 - Text from Delbros to deliever the visa

14 Jun 06 - VISA IN HAND

14 Jun 06 - Leaving for Orlando

I mean, Mrs. Mnez interview yesterday. :blush: I am getting depress waiting so long to have schedule interview. :crying: I dont know what to do. :unsure:

Mrs. Mnez, I am excited to know the result! Sure to all the member here as well:)

Yes, my husband is a military also, and we requested the NVC to expidite our papers. Actualy they expidite it already and we are hoping that our request in embassy to expidite the papers will be granted.

Hope you guys will help me know of when will be the best time to fax the request to the embassy. And who will schedule the interview..is it the embassy or the nvc?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks!

Janet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mrs. Mnez, congratulations!!!

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Hey, guys!

Thank you so much for your well wishing.

To answer some of your questions:

Yes, I am a military wife and my husband did request for an expedite for my interview coz my case was completed on Dec.9, 05. My husband is deploying soon in Iraq and we wanted to be together soon before he has to leave. We faxed the letters to the NVC first ( he made a letter stating his request, and another letter from his CO proving that there is a great probablity that he is deploying). The NVC received our faxes and advised my husband to fax the exact same letters to the embassy in manila.

If you could read on my signature at the bottom, the NVC sent my papers to the embassy on March 2 upon their(the embassy's) request. The embassy was the one who scheduled us for an interview on March 27. I wouldnt even know i have an interivew if i HAVENT called the embassy to inquire if my case reached them already. They advised me to go with my medical and just get my copy of the apoointment letter (Packet4) at St. Lukes since i havnt received my copy yet (until now!).

So, off I went to the embassy yesterday for my interview. I had a big bag FULL of documents (including the original copy of the expedite request and all of his past and present military orders).

During the preliminary interview with a flipina, she just asked how we met, if both of us have been married before, if we have a joint account ( i found this absurd coz how can we have a joint account when the bank is in the US and needs to have my presence there to sign). She just asked for copies of bank statements (he gave me an ATM and the bank statement shows the amount i receive and takeout), phone cards/bills and western union copies. I have them in one folder so it can be easily reviewd by them. She asked for pics and i gave her a few loose copies. I have a scrapbook containing pics from the 4 times he came here and our civil and church wedding. She didnt ask for it and just said to show it to the Consul later.

She mentioned to me about the expedite request since she has a note about that on her file. i tried giving her the original copies but said there is no need. She then asked me to take have my fingerprinting and wait to be called by the Consul.

I was nervous BUT also a bit assured that i have everything in order. The Consul was kinda snappy and asked me if either of us have been married before and if we have kids from wedlock,how many times he's been here,when was the last time i saw him. He then asked about my husband and what he does. I told him he's in the Army and is in the States right now. He mentioned about the deployment also and inquired when it would be and what plans i have when he leaves. I replied by saying I will probably look for a job to preoccupy myself and keep my mind busy. He just glnaced briskly on the letters, and my BC, MC, etc and the loose pics. He said: "I see you married your husband the 1st time he came here. Why is that?" I wanted to snap back that its none of your business! But all i said was i knew the 1st time i met him,that he is the one im going to marry someday.

He was impersonal and didnt seem interested, but what i told him is really true. It really ticked me off at the back of my head coz he's asking personal questions with no concern. He was also talking very fast and throws one question over another. He is aware of the expedite request and even joked with me if i would want to be with my husband in Iraq. I reminded him that Filipinos arent even allowed to travel there. i wanted to add that if i could go there; i would to make sure my husband is ok. I would take a bullet for him. That's how i love my husband.

In the end, he gave back the letters, pics and statements and told me to take a seat again and wait for my number to be called again. Before i left, i asked if i have been approved or not. This is what he said :" Your papers are approvable and will just review them."

I was in a stupor coz i was left in a daze as to what it means. Maybe i was still in denial if he plans to put me on review coz i know deep in my heart that we havent missed out anything. ALL of our papers are notarized and valid. My number was called to go to Window 35 where the lady said that the consul asked for my papers to be put on review and gave me the pink slip for the Delbros and the 221g form. The consul ticked there for me to wait until further notice.

I was alone at that time and my knees were shaking in disbelievement. i couldn't believe why he had put me on review. I mean, whats the purpose of the expedite if that's what he's going to do? I read on the other forums that people on AR are put on months and months of waiting.

I called the embassy today and asked the status of my case. The lady said my papers are currently being processed by the Consul and to call again after a few days to make a follow-up. She assured me that there are cases where people are put into review and have their visas delivered a few days later. Thank God for John and Marlene who wrote me that they didn't see an approval sticker on their folder during the interview and waited for 19 days before the visa was delivered. They requested to expedite their interview also, btw.

John is assuming that maybe Consuls didn't have enough time to review my papers(and theirs also before) coz they barely had a few days to verify the authenticity of our papers and the expedite request. It is sad to note that 'maybe" these Consuls would need to double check if the deployment of my husband is indeed true and not just a ploy(especially with Filos) just to go to the states. You may never know what they are thinking, but all i can say is, the embassy is very much concerned about fraudelent papers.

In our case, our request is indeed valid and true. I should've slammed on his table the papers i have prepared for that day. My husband and I wouldn't even go through the request IF he wouldn't deploy and just wait for the normal wait for the CR1 processing which is 1yr-2 years. In my case, i finished it off in 8 months so i guess they wanted me to wait more. What the *&^?! Im in a state of depression right now. This is the 1st time i relayed my experience and was kinda embarassed at first to share this to the forum. But all of you have been great and supportive to me so i thought otherwise. Maybe this is also God's way of telling me that my experience would be helpful to another.

Thanks again and good luck to those who are to have their interviews.

P.S. a prayer for me and for those in the same situation as mine would be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I just wanted to be together for a few longer months before he leaves for a year. Isn't that too much to ask from them?? Sorry for the rambling but i need to vent this all out and maybe give the others my point of experience.

07.05.05 - Submitted form I-130 at USCIS in Germany

12.09.05 - CASE COMPLETED

March 27, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!

PUT On AR (Cenomar thing!)

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

April 28, 2006 - VISA DELIVERED!!!

May 7 - FLY TO THE US! YEHEY!

sad to hear about ur case mrs minez,just keep praying and everythings will be ok.i hope u get ur visa soon.i know how you feel especially if ur husband deploying in iraq.im am a wife of military also and theres a rumor they will deploy them back again maybe late this year.so it makes me so sad about this coz will still on processing with our paper too ....and all we have do about is pray and be patience

sad to hear about ur case mrs minez,just keep praying and everythings will be ok.i hope u get ur visa soon.i know how you feel especially if ur husband deploying in iraq.im am a wife of military also and theres a rumor they will deploy them back again maybe late this year.so it makes me so sad about this coz will still on processing with our paper too ....and all we have do about is pray and be patience

Sorry to hear, Mrs. Mnez. I hope soon you will get your visa. It will come. Just keep on praying! ;)

mrs. mnez.

sorry to hear the sad story...

but just keep your hopes up. the consul told you that your papers are sufficient. you have everything you need during the interview and he did not asked you for anything that you are not able to provide.

they say that these consuls have psycologist backgrounds so they know you are not lying.

they just need more time. there are several cases here on vj that they are put on AR but they are surprised to see Delbros at their doorstep in a few weeks.

mrs. mnez.

sorry to hear the sad story...

but just keep your hopes up. the consul told you that your papers are sufficient. you have everything you need during the interview and he did not asked you for anything that you are not able to provide.

they say that these consuls have psycologist backgrounds so they know you are not lying.

they just need more time. there are several cases here on vj that they are put on AR but they are surprised to see Delbros at their doorstep in a few weeks.

I called the embassy today and was able to talk with an immigrant officer. She was kinda curt saying that inquiries regarding immigrant cases are done by calling the call center. i just tried my luck and was glad she accomodated me with my question about why I was placed on AR. I explained my situation to her as she listened. She said that its a common problem to be put on AR for expedite cases. She explained that Consuls is left with a short time to check and assess a petition before the interview. Thus, it leaves the consul to put it into review. Once they complete their processing, a beneficiary will be called again for another appointment if further docs are needed or have the visa delivered if there are no more problems seen by them.

The way i understood her explaination, an interview was done to me 1st BEFORE reviewing my docs. Normal processing is the other way around.

Kimjoshian, i happen to have a degree and MA units in Psychology that's why i was disappointed when the Consul hardly kept eye contact with me during the whole interview process. He just kept his eyes on my papers. Come to think of it, I should've winked at him and pretend to catch something in my eye just to throw him off the board! LOL ;)

07.05.05 - Submitted form I-130 at USCIS in Germany

12.09.05 - CASE COMPLETED

March 27, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!

PUT On AR (Cenomar thing!)

April 26 - VISA ISSUED

April 28, 2006 - VISA DELIVERED!!!

May 7 - FLY TO THE US! YEHEY!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mrs.MNEZ,

Don’t worry everything will be all right. You will get your visa soon ….

:thumbs:

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

mrs. mnez... just wanted to add that i hope you hear some good news soon... wishing you the best!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Hi mrs.mnez,

I just got here after i read your reply my pm yesterday... sad to hear you these but dont worry in a few weeks you will be surprised to see Delbros at your doorstep... just keep on praying... Godbless...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.