6999miles

Advance SLEC Medical Exam without Interview Letter?

17 posts in this topic

Good day, po! Our case just got completed on September 30th, we haven't received a case complete confirmation email as well as interview schedule yet. However, I am hoping and expecting to have a November interview so I am now getting ready for the next step.

I have read that the following are needed for the medical:

• Php 11, 515.00
  • SLEC Online Registration Confirmation
  • NVC Interview Letter
  • DS-260 Confirmation
  • Immunization Record
  • 2x2 Photo
  • Passport Biographic Data Photocopy
  • Original Passport

My question is, can I have my medical exam in advance and without an interview schedule letter? Can I provide something else?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, po!

Edited by mi_u_ls

Removal of Condition Timeline 

09/22/2017: 90 Day Window Opened

09/29/2017: I-751 Package Mailed to USPS

10/02/2017: I-751 Package Delivered to CSC

10/04/2017: Check Cashed

10/06/2017: NOA1 Received (Dated 10/02/2017)

10/16/2017: Biometrics Letter Received (Dated 10/06/2017)

10/25/2017: Biometrics Appointment at 11:00 am (Took only 15 minutes)

08/17/2018: 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Dated 08/11/2018)

01/03/2019: Transfer Notice to Lee Missouri Received (Dated 12/20/2018)

06/05/2019: Interview conducted but still have to wait for an approval. Case Status Changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

06/06/2019: Case Status Changed to "Case was Approved"

06/06/2019: Approval Notice Received (Dated 06/05/2019)

N400 Timeline

09/22/2018: Eligible to Apply

09/26/2018: N400 Application Submitted Online

09/27/2018: Received Receipt Notice

09/29/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/19/2018: Biometrics Appointment

05/01/2019: Case Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled"

05/06/2019: Received Interview Letter

06/05/2019: Interview - Approved

06/10/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

06/27/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" 

06/28/2019: Oath Ceremony Notice was uploaded on my USCIS account

07/25/2019: Oath Ceremony

Hi! I think you have to present your interview date/appointment letter from NVC to SLEC for them to let you do your medical exam. Here is the link for more information. Good luck on your visa journey!

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

Zsa zsa shing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just had my medical last Sep 28-29 2015 and I was asked to present my interview confirmation page. With regards to the NVC letter I presented a screen shot of our case saying "READY" on the ceac tracker and the guard allowed me to have my medical. I think they need a document that shows your MNL# number and that your file is ready for interview. Goodluck on your journey ??

We just had an exam, too. The interview letter is a requirement to proceed. The security at the door asks for it first thing. Good luck and have patience. The exam took us two days to complete. The second day was for immunization shots only. The first day they will have you running from floor to floor.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day, po! Our case just got completed on September 30th, we haven't received a case complete confirmation email as well as interview schedule yet. However, I am hoping and expecting to have a November interview so I am now getting ready for the next step.

I have read that the following are needed for the medical:

• Php 11, 515.00
  • SLEC Online Registration Confirmation
  • NVC Interview Letter
  • DS-260 Confirmation
  • Immunization Record
  • 2x2 Photo
  • Passport Biographic Data Photocopy
  • Original Passport

My question is, can I have my medical exam in advance and without an interview schedule letter? Can I provide something else?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, po!

Do you have a letter from NVC showing your case file number? MNL# Most times that is adequate.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, davidhutchins654, jebetot and zsa zsa shing! :)

I wasn't in a rush but when I found out that you can't have your medical exam when you're on your period and wait for like 5 days after your last period before you can undergo physical exam, I got worried. So I thought of having my medical exam in advance.

@Hank_, I have received a Welcome Letter from NVC, AOS and IV Fee Invoice showing our case number and even a checklist saying that they are going to forward our case to the embassy. Will these suffice?

Removal of Condition Timeline 

09/22/2017: 90 Day Window Opened

09/29/2017: I-751 Package Mailed to USPS

10/02/2017: I-751 Package Delivered to CSC

10/04/2017: Check Cashed

10/06/2017: NOA1 Received (Dated 10/02/2017)

10/16/2017: Biometrics Letter Received (Dated 10/06/2017)

10/25/2017: Biometrics Appointment at 11:00 am (Took only 15 minutes)

08/17/2018: 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Dated 08/11/2018)

01/03/2019: Transfer Notice to Lee Missouri Received (Dated 12/20/2018)

06/05/2019: Interview conducted but still have to wait for an approval. Case Status Changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

06/06/2019: Case Status Changed to "Case was Approved"

06/06/2019: Approval Notice Received (Dated 06/05/2019)

N400 Timeline

09/22/2018: Eligible to Apply

09/26/2018: N400 Application Submitted Online

09/27/2018: Received Receipt Notice

09/29/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/19/2018: Biometrics Appointment

05/01/2019: Case Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled"

05/06/2019: Received Interview Letter

06/05/2019: Interview - Approved

06/10/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

06/27/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" 

06/28/2019: Oath Ceremony Notice was uploaded on my USCIS account

07/25/2019: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, davidhutchins654, jebetot and zsa zsa shing! :)

I wasn't in a rush but when I found out that you can't have your medical exam when you're on your period and wait for like 5 days after your last period before you can undergo physical exam, I got worried. So I thought of having my medical exam in advance.

@Hank_, I have received a Welcome Letter from NVC, AOS and IV Fee Invoice showing our case number and even a checklist saying that they are going to forward our case to the embassy. Will these suffice?

I would say yes, as long the letter has your MNL #

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 years later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is this still valid? I mean can I have advance SLEC Medical Exam without Interview Letter? My sister got her IL first and planning to have medical exam since I still haven't got mine but i want to get medical exam as well. We's just 3 weeks apart from the time she was DQ.

Edited by inxthink

Timeline
3 hours ago, inxthink said:

Is this still valid? I mean can I have advance SLEC Medical Exam without Interview Letter? :no:   My sister got her IL first and planning to have medical exam since I still haven't got mine but i want to get medical exam as well. We's just 3 weeks apart from the time she was DQ.

You need the interview letter/email.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

1. REGULAR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS
  2. EACH APPLICANT MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:

1. Interview letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) or Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the Embassy or Appointment Confirmation from the Call Center

• Principal Applicant - original & 1 photocopy
      • Derivatives - 1 photocopy each
      If Interview letter or Visa Interview Confirmation was received via email, print 2 copies for the principal applicant and 1 copy for each derivative
    2. Valid passport
    3. 1 photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information. Photocopy on short bond paper. Passport photocopy should be the same size as the original, not enlarged or reduced.
    4. 4 pieces recent 2"x2" visa photos (see visa photo guide), 3 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE IDENTICAL. Write the applicant's complete name at the back of each photo.

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.

5. For applicants who registered online, 1 copy of the online registration confirmation email
Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks Hank for the immediate response. I sent an expedite email last 15th Feb but still haven't receive any acknowledgement email 🙁🙁🙁

Timeline
Just now, inxthink said:

Thanks Hank for the immediate response. I sent an expedite email last 15th Feb but still haven't receive any acknowledgement email 🙁🙁🙁

All you can do is be patient.   What is your status at NVC, are you DQ (Document Qualified) ?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
Just now, Hank_ said:

All you can do is be patient.   What is your status at NVC, are you DQ (Document Qualified) ?

Yes since 8th Feb. And been reading some responses that it took 10 days and they already have acknowledged email. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, inxthink said:

Yes since 8th Feb. And been reading some responses that it took 10 days and they already have acknowledged email. 

Usually NVC will get the interview scheduled within 30 days of DQ, but they have been running behind so don't be surprised if it takes longer.

Did I read in another posting that you requested an expedite?    That could slow things down at this point as they would have to stop to review your request.   And IF you get the expedite NVC will not be scheduling your interview .. you will schedule your own interview.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Usually NVC will get the interview scheduled within 30 days of DQ, but they have been running behind so don't be surprised if it takes longer.

Did I read in another posting that you requested an expedite?    That could slow things down at this point as they would have to stop to review your request.   And IF you get the expedite NVC will not be scheduling your interview .. you will schedule your own interview.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

That's what I want to do schedule my interview. Bcoz my sister got her IL and her interview will be on the 23rd March so I want to have the same sched. 

Timeline
Just now, inxthink said:

That's what I want to do schedule my interview. Bcoz my sister got her IL and her interview will be on the 23rd March so I want to have the same sched. 

Then I hope you get your expedite approved.  

If you do not get your expedite approved there is info in the link I gave your for rescheduling your interview to a different date (once your case file is at USEM and your CEAC status shows READY)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.