Shekinah013

Take disk with Xray results to Interview?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Josh doesn't want to take something that isn't allowed, and isn't sure the disk is needed at the interview. I don't remember reading anything about it-- to take or to not take. But I don't want him to get there and NOT have it if that would screw things up for the interview. Help?!

By the way, the interview's tomorrow in Vancouver.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you both!!! :) I searched for the answer in previous threads but all the results were old, so I just wanted to be sure. We'd both be basket cases if he ended up having to miss the interview because he didn't have something he needed-- or had something with him that wasn't allowed. You feel like you've got a handle on it but there's always that little uncertainty. I know you guys know what I mean!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you both!!! :) I searched for the answer in previous threads but all the results were old, so I just wanted to be sure. We'd both be basket cases if he ended up having to miss the interview because he didn't have something he needed-- or had something with him that wasn't allowed. You feel like you've got a handle on it but there's always that little uncertainty. I know you guys know what I mean!!!

Consider the disc a beer coaster for the new home in the U.S.

I took it for my interview, it was returned to me after the interview with an instruction to have it at the POE. At the POE they gave the disk back to me and told me to have it at my first appointment to the doctor. My husband just added me to his health insurance , I haven't had an appointment yet, but I was told to have the disk with me or they gonna do my chest xRay just to start my file. This is my story.

I threw my disc in garbage bin the day I got here without even opening it. I wonder why they provide that when the embassy doesn't even ask for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So Josh had his interview and did not need the disk. And he got approved!!! :dance:

Nobody will ever need or ask for the disc, it's just an xray of his lungs/chest. They do it for everyone in case there is a problem so that you can give it to a doctor stateside....easier just making a disc while taking xrays than to take time afterwards and just make discs for those who have something wrong. Anyway, CONGRATS!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Maybe not the disc, but the radiology report copy might be beneficial. No one is going to read imaging on a disc. They will rely on the reports unless they hire a radiologist.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.