duck373

N400 Interview, no Approval, Please Advise - help

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I wanted to follow up on hoe Infopass went.

I bourght all the documents and the lady said that she cannot accept them if there was no letter issued (RFE). She checked the file in the system and said somethi like " Your IO has taken it back to himself yesterday" - not sure what it means.

And...that's it. I guess nothing else to do here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hmmm...well that is disappointing...but after she said that, you didnt ask what that means ?? Others members maybe able to give u some more insight ... But to me those words make no sense. She cannot accept those without a rfe letter..that is normal.

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Timeline

She said " he might send you RFE letter if he needs documents" When I asked her about time frame , she said " 90 days maybe ..."

But today I called 1 - 800 number and asked for Tier 2 and he said he will send a inquiry with my story to them. He said to wait for a response from them within 2 weeks, and gave me id # and said to call back if I won't get any mail within 2 weeks.

I really hope to get RFE...But my guess is that nothing will ever come and i will be stuck waiting for months like all others,whose stories I read online

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Ok duck just wait for 2 weeks and call them back.The RFE may come before that or you may get a approval notice ...no saying with these people. I hope you have signed up for online case update , though it is really slow in updating. Best wishes and update us .

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Timeline

An update - Got N 14 letter on Friday with the list of the documents.

Now need to wait for a week for the documents to come to me from my employer and will bring it all in!

An update - Got N 14 letter on Friday with the list of the documents.

Now need to wait for a week for the documents to come to me from my employer and will bring it all in!

Well told you but you didn't want to listen to.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!

I wanted to share my experience and ask you for an advice. I went for my N400 interview a week ago. IO seemed concerned with age difference between me and my spouse, asked me all sort of questions ( the spouse where we live in, etc.) He asked if I have any pictures with my spouse on my phone ( BUT NEW APPLE update that morning crashed my phone - what a BAD luck - I told him that ).

Then He asked for utility bills, etc. Since interview letter asked for just tax transcripts - i brought them - for last 4 years filed jointly. He just copied W-2 from one of them. I told him unfortunately I did not bring but I have everything and we have join t accounts and I can even log in online and show. He said - you had to prove to us this marriage. Then I passed civics test and he said " we will need mpore documents from you ; basically all I've asked you about". I said - Yes, definitely,

Then I signed some forms that he gave me and then he gave N-652 with "test passed" and "written decision will be mailed".

My online status still says " Interview notice was sent".

I thought of just coming to USCIS office and dropping off all the documents I have.

Should I do that or should I wait for mentioned letter?

Please advise. I am in no rush, but me and my spouse were very excited for this and now = (

Has anybody had the same experience?

Before applying for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, you need to check your eligibility with the USCIS. If not, your application will get rejected by USCIS.
The form N-652 will have two boxes checked Box1 (you passed the English exam) & Box2 (USCIS will send you written decision). But then, you can check online when the "interview Notice was sent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Too bad to read about all of this; my office is Boston too (I'm actually scheduled for an interview, a-waiting the letter), and from general reading while the issue with supplying further 'proof' happens from time-to-time (outside of the transcripts), it doesn't appear to be a mandatory requirement (unless anybody can correct me, of course); it really must have been the age difference that caused doubt in the IO's mind and they didn't let it go. As has been commented on, that's a little ridiculous at this stage, not least because it's also indirectly insinuating incompetence (try saying that tongue-twister three times) from those that have reviewed your case(s) in the past!

Edited by Berty

There's that smell again...

Timeline

Berty, Good luck to you! Bring everything you can with you - won't hurt!

I agree with you , I didn't expect it at this stage. My fault though - all previous steps I gave them documents, and now I didn't ( it was not a requirement...)

I am waiting for all documents to com in the mail, that IO requested and hopefully will bring them next week to them. I hope it will get reviewed without delays I've been reading about online....

Berty, Good luck to you! Bring everything you can with you - won't hurt!

I agree with you , I didn't expect it at this stage. My fault though - all previous steps I gave them documents, and now I didn't ( it was not a requirement...)

I am waiting for all documents to com in the mail, that IO requested and hopefully will bring them next week to them. I hope it will get reviewed without delays I've been reading about online....

Can you give us the list of documents you were requested??

Thanks and Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey,

Here is an update. I will post the list of the documents requested after this all will be over, I don't want to do it now, but I will do it when it will be over to help for future experience.

Anyways, I dropped everything off 10/26 and the lady was really nice, and she didn't take even half of what I brought. She said it is way too much and she can see we live together. Luckily I had a letter there that lists everything I brought. so the decision making person will see how much more I brought vs what was accepted.

Anyways, I was told to wait. I was not given any letter or anything to say that I did bring them documents, my online status doesn;t change ( per lady - it doesnt work) so I am thinking of calling Tier 2 tomorrow to see if in their systems it is recorded that I brought RFE response.

So now waiting...

Timeline

Hello!

I got a letter reply to my service request saying "n400 application is approved and is currently processing for oath scheduling"

Thanks

Congratulations!

Hello!

I got a letter reply to my service request saying "n400 application is approved and is currently processing for oath scheduling"

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.