~Jackie~

Kelly & Sofyan's official countdown thread!

107 posts in this topic

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Awww, Kelz, I hope your anxiety is calming down... don't be afraid to take the xanax, it really will just help calm your nerves... getting so close now!!!! Breathe in thru the nose, out thru the mouth... again....

Keep breathing!!!

Noura :D

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Prepare for the worst but hope for the best

Inshallah you will only get the best news and receive the visa ASAP. Do not let a "little interview" (LOL I know, I know) send you the hospital Kelly ! Never again. Calm down and focus on you and your husband. Try to forget about immigration for the next couple of days. Easier said then done, but at least try.

:star: Good luck !!! :star:

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Kelly. Don't let panic attacks get to u. Ur ok, nothing wrong, ur like the rest of us, just a bit nervous on the interview. You will c ome home with your husband for sure. Everything will be ok. You've been through a lot and have grown close to your husbands family. You will see them again. You can always go back, ya know.

Time to see family now in Chicago. Let your husband explore. 4 more days girl! Can't wait for you to have that definite Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Good luck,

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Timeline
Tell me why im having anxiety problems 5 days before the interview and actually had to go to the ER last night and get checked out....he said my heart was a little fast...but nothing to worry about..and my blood pressure was ok...prescribed a little Xanax..but im still feeling jumpy and short of breath....gosh i dont know what to do with myself....

Oh sweet heart, I too am here cheering you on and praying for you. Yes I know well the anxiety attacks no matter how hard you try to be sun shine and smiles. It's all going to be behind you soon and then the sun will shine again... and there will be 2 shadows on the grass, not just one. *wink* :thumbs:

ohhhhhhhhhhh god.............snow! the xanax is knocking me out hence why the doc told me to take it before i sleep....anxiety runs horribly in my family and my brother was just diagnosed with panic attack disorder so im really not surprised...but the shortness or breath and feeling like i could hear my heart beating louder and louder really freaked me out! he also said i could have triggered something because yesterday i was smelling acetone for like 5 hours as i was doing something with it...also...cleaning with bleach...anyone ever heard of that??? when can i expect the shortness of breath to go away for good.??????? i guess when im home right?? lol.........4 days to go!!! wooohoooo

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Best of luck to you! :thumbs:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Kelly, you do know not to mix bleach with ammonia products don't you? It can be deadly. You might have had a reaction to chemicals rather than a panic attack.

When Abdel first got here one of the first tasks we had to do to finish the bathroom was to use bleach to scrub mold off the ceiling. He didn't realize how caustic it was and ended up with pretty bad burns on his arm.

Be careful around strong chemicals, they are more harmful than most of us realize.

I hope you're starting to feel a little better. Maybe some fresh air would help.

Take Care!

Liz

Kelly,

Just try to take it easy . . . I know it is getting close, but don't let the anxiety overwhelm you! Do you have a nice scented candle (like lavendar) that you can burn? It has calming properties, but any candle that you like the scent of is fine . . . just light it and lay down in a nice comfortable room . . . and RELAX!!!

LOL, I just go home from Egypt so I haven't had time to join in your countdown . . . but now I can join in with the others.

Kelly, try to take some nice long walks if you can, getting some exercise can really help. Also try to cut down on the caffeine you take in (if you are a coffee/tea/or diet coke addict like me).

You're almost there!

Hugs

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good luck both of you! Make sure you remember to breathe ;)

inshaAllah everything will go smoothly!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Kelly. I know about panic attacks, just remember there's nothing wrong with you, we all get one here and there, some more than others. I have xanax too, remember girl, telling u i will take some on the plane? The heartbeat, the rapid heartbeat was just the anxiety and u can't die from it. The shortness of breath is the anxiety. Also breathing in what u breathed in couldhave caused some asthma in ya, u know u got that girl. Don't worry about anxiety, remember u control it, it doesnt' control u. To get thru those moments, never run from the panic attack and then just let urself float. Tell urself nothing is wrong and it will pass. Let time pass.

Now remember what i have told u. Im online if u care to chat about this further. Im the queen of it suffereing from Post trauma from a bad car accident and then my brothers death two years ago.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

still here cheerin ya on girl!! I can't wait to see some of your pictures of ur stay in Jordan, (I know I cherish mine) My favorite pix are the ones from Umm Qais! I told Noor he HAS to take me there when we go back coz its the best place in the world !!! As the others have said DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE.. nice and slow... in the nose ... hold it........hold it..... hold it.... ok, now out the mouth slowwwwwwly MAAASHEEE!! hehehe

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Thanks everyone....your advice is great...and I obviously made it thru yesterday so today is a new day right? sofyan and i did take a nice long walk yesterday...im thinking that acetone did something nasty inside my lungs or by my heart...im not sure though...I guess it will pass with time...i took my xanax around 10 pm last night and started feeling loopy....it was hysterical and sofyan was like ummm "maybe u should go to sleep" so that i did...we got 4 days to go....keep on countin..............

Kelly

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.