ben_ben

administrative review NVC

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Dear VJers,

I send in my civil and AOS documents last week (sent two times). AOS fee paid, DS260 application submitted and IV fee paid.

I called NVC today for the status. The operator said the case has been pulled for review - I think he said administrative review. He said it will take more than normal time for the review to be completed.

After googling about the administrative review, I decided to get more details about the issue.

So, I called again.

However the second time, another operator said the documents will take 30 days to be reviewed because of the volume of emails they receive. He refused to give any detail about the administrative review and said he could not find anything related to the administrative processing.

I am confused now. Was the original operator more forthcoming or the second operator missed something? or did the first operator simply meant DS260 was being reviewed and got confused for the "administrative review"?

Please advise.

Edited by ben_ben

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Usually once the NVC receives the documents n fees it takes about 30 days for the review period.if ur lucky u might get it done within 30 days if not then that's where they send it to supervisor review. I have never heard of administrative review thou. Btw I don't trust these people on phone each and every one has different answers. In my case they didn't do it in 30 days n was sent to supervisor review n still there were no response. It's just waiting game n most importantly the luck.good luck

Timeline

Hello Ajichan,

After supervisor review, how long did they take to get your case forwarded to the consulate?

or do you mean you are still waiting?

Timeline

It was on the review period but I got my case expedited n sent all my papaers n the whole file to nepal consulate.tconsulate.the NVC didn't make any decision it's the Consulate in nepal gonna finish it up.

Timeline

I heard Nepal embassy is very busy right now. Hopefully they will schedule your interview soon. You were lucky that your expedited request was accepted. Right now, expedited requests are not accepted. Best of lucks for the interview process. which visa category is your case for?

Timeline

Yeah thank you . My visa case is CR1. NVC is the worst situation. I got lucky coz I got the whole process started at MAY and had interview in 5 months. I was expecting a wait about like about 11 months to a year. Good luck with yo process..need to have a lot of patience with the NVC.

You are really lucky cos my husband is waiting in his country and we stuck in NVC. after more of 60 days now is in supervisor review for another 42 days witch is complete ridicolous to me . We married last Nov and the pr0cess start since December with USCIS everything going easy but NVC is a nigthmare . I USA citizen and still waiting for my husband.

Timeline

You are really lucky cos my husband is waiting in his country and we stuck in NVC. after more of 60 days now is in supervisor review for another 42 days witch is complete ridicolous to me . We married last Nov and the pr0cess start since December with USCIS everything going easy but NVC is a nigthmare . I USA citizen and still waiting for my husband.

Hello Ahad,

Are you waiting for the embassy interview or for the case to be completed? Your timeline notes said you are waiting for the embassy interview to be scheduled. I am lil confused.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It was on the review period but I got my case expedited n sent all my papaers n the whole file to nepal consulate.tconsulate.the NVC didn't make any decision it's the Consulate in nepal gonna finish it up.

How did you do that? Our case has been stuck at supervisor review for 86 days now and we are unable to reach the supervisor or get him/her to call us back.

How did you get your case expedited, was it by contacting the embassy in Nepal or through NVC?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We're in the same boat as you. Our initial review took 30 days, we got a couple of checklist, one was saying I hadn't submitted my DS-260 even though I had done so seven weeks earlier. Because of that, our case was put on supervisor review and we've basically been stuck there now for 86 days with no line of communication with the supervisor reviewing our case.

I agree with you, NVC can be such a nightmare when you get the wrong person reviewing your case. I have never dealt with anyone so incompetent and inefficient in my life. :ranting: We filed our I-130 petition mid-September 2014 and also had a normal, smooth ride with USCIS. It's NVC that's screwing up our case. And then I read some posters saying NVC has no decision-making or power over the visa case. Yeah, right! :ranting:

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.