KatnAbbie

Petition will expire , need direction

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey there all. I am in need of some advice from an experienced individual. Any advice is welcome, but I would like to hear from someone who has dealt with the american embassy in algiers.

Ok, so my fiance and I have been really patient up until this last month...yes last month. Our petition expires in the beginning of October and he still has not recieved information (packet 3) from the embassy on scheduling a medical. We have been following instructions via this site and through research have found ourselves confused. ...From talking to a few people, it seems as though things are being done differently Ok, so what have we done so far to try to expedite this?

1) Of course called the embassy plenty of times to speak with reps regarding our situation. We are told to just wait...no problem.

2) Emails. He sent 3. I sent 2. He has recieved emails stating that they will send the necessary information to the right department to resolve our situation...waiting

The email that I recieved was from a rep who says "your fiance case has been recieved at post"??? HUH?...he included medical instructions to download...CONFUSED

3) After calling, he tried going to the medical offices to see if he can schedule in person and they told him that he needed the packet 3 that they send from the embassy...NOT IN THE MAIL

4)Checked case status online. Result = no status...STILL CONFUSED

5)Finally I have emailed the embassy requesting an extension. (I know I should also send this out in the mail). I included any amount of information regarding our case that they might need. I read that they will do it automatically, but didn't want to take the chance. Thought of the worst possible things like them saying that they tried contacting us and we never touched back...

As calm, supportive and patient as we can be, we are seriously trying our best and tearing our hair out in the process. We don't understand how others are bypassing specific instructions. We feel stupid, lol.

Please advise in whatever way possible. **sorry for the long story**

Thanks in advance for your support. CAT :clock:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.***

**Moderator hat off**

Embassies and Consulate have the authority to automatically revalidate a petition that has expired but an interview has not yet taken place. This is done with no action needed on the part of the petitioner or beneficiary. This is a common and routine scenario and you do not have to stress it.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Hello,

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx, under IMMIGRANT VISA (IV) Insert your MNL number ( NVC one), you'll find your case ready. That's what they mean by your fiancee case has been received at post, they told us the same thing.

You already got the packet 3, the one they sent you via email (Medical instructions, IMBRA in french, arabic, and english, and Fiancee requirements (pdf forms), these are the PACKET 3).

I think you should take an appointment now, then go to Algiers to take a medical appointment. Print the PDF forms they sent you. Print the USembassy email. Screenshot https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspxwhere it says "case ready", and show them that.

The packet 3 they'll mail you is the SAME one they emailed you lol. You're case has been received by the embassy in July 3, you'll never receive packet 3 by mail, probably lost by Algeria post. Go ahead take an appointment, nd don't worry they'll extend it.

May Allah be with you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey there all. I am in need of some advice from an experienced individual. Any advice is welcome, but I would like to hear from someone who has dealt with the american embassy in algiers.

Ok, so my fiance and I have been really patient up until this last month...yes last month. Our petition expires in the beginning of October and he still has not recieved information (packet 3) from the embassy on scheduling a medical. We have been following instructions via this site and through research have found ourselves confused. ...From talking to a few people, it seems as though things are being done differently Ok, so what have we done so far to try to expedite this?

1) Of course called the embassy plenty of times to speak with reps regarding our situation. We are told to just wait...no problem.

2) Emails. He sent 3. I sent 2. He has recieved emails stating that they will send the necessary information to the right department to resolve our situation...waiting

The email that I recieved was from a rep who says "your fiance case has been recieved at post"??? HUH?...he included medical instructions to download...CONFUSED

3) After calling, he tried going to the medical offices to see if he can schedule in person and they told him that he needed the packet 3 that they send from the embassy...NOT IN THE MAIL

4)Checked case status online. Result = no status...STILL CONFUSED

5)Finally I have emailed the embassy requesting an extension. (I know I should also send this out in the mail). I included any amount of information regarding our case that they might need. I read that they will do it automatically, but didn't want to take the chance. Thought of the worst possible things like them saying that they tried contacting us and we never touched back...

As calm, supportive and patient as we can be, we are seriously trying our best and tearing our hair out in the process. We don't understand how others are bypassing specific instructions. We feel stupid, lol.

Please advise in whatever way possible. **sorry for the long story**

Thanks in advance for your support. CAT :clock:

I am sorry you are having difficulties. Here is what we did.

1. Got packet 3 from a vj member who finished the process in Algeria.

2. Completed DS-160 on https://ceac.state.gov/gennivand created account on www.ustraveldocs.com/dz

3 PATIENTLY waited for an interview date to open up

4. Scheduled interview

5. Printed confirmation page for interview

6. Went in person to schedule medical with confirmation page in hand. (we tried calling numerous times, but they would just hang up on us)

7. Attended interview (He was there for 4 hours in total. Most of the time he was just waiting to be called. Actual interview was about 20 minutes)

8. Put on AP until medical is completed.Our medical is scheduled for the 16th of September

9. Told we can drop off the medical at the embassy as soon as it is completed

The first available medical appointment was after the interview date. I believe this may be a common ocurance as my fiance met a man at the interview that also had his interview before the medical.

We NEVER received any packet 3 from the embassy. We emailed them concerning the appointment availability, and they replied that we must wait for the appointments to show up on the us travel docs website.

Cat.....pm me if you have any questions or you want me to email packet 3 to you. My fiance would be willing to talk with your fiance as well if you think we can help in any way.

Our prayers are with you and all of those going through this process. Insha'allah it will be easy for everyone.

Timeline

Hey everyone. Thank you all so much for your help. These details help guide us a lot better than just blindly sitting by and waiting for things to happen lol. The embassy's instructions seemed just backwards and clearly judging by what you all are telling us we are allowed to do....they somewhat are. Like I said before, through research we had found out answers that should have eased our minds, but they didn't because it just felt like we were assuming. So thank you for not just saying "oh cmon, don't you read"? lol. So we have taken advice and will continue to do our part as well as use a bit more patience.

I have hope for our journey...inshallah

CAT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.