Gnad

Feb 2015 K1 filer here and still waiting for Noa 2 :(

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Its been over 6 months and still waiting.. its so painful seeing march filers are being approved. So lucky you guys.. What should I do? :(

I know its horrible. We had to wait 6 months for the approval. The wait was terrible even more so when we saw other people were approved after 3 months. Truth is there isn't much you can do but wait and try and be patient. I did call USCIS at the 6 month mark and my case was elevated to a tier 2 officer. This officer submitted a request on my behalf to investigate why the K-1 application was taking so long. Two days later we received the text/email advising we were approved and a week after that we received a letter advising we were in the normal processing times and just wait. It looks as though even though I called my case was being reviewed and my request and the approval crossed in the mail.

I will say during the wait I thought it was horrible and I was growing very impatient. But now we have been happily married for over two years and looking back at it 6 months isn't a lot when your planning on spending the rest of your life with someone. I hope you get approved soon! Good luck. :)

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did call yesterday and this officer submitted a request to investigate why my application is taking so long, he told me that I will have to wait for 58 more days before they can decide anything on my application, i dont know what that means for it depends because its a case to case basis. I dont understand why. Me and my fiance are together for almost 9 years. I did submit all the requirements and everything. im starting to lose my patience. I cry all night.. :(

congratulations to the both of you...

Timeline

Its been over 6 months and still waiting.. its so painful seeing march filers are being approved. So lucky you guys.. What should I do? :(

March 9 filer here. I could not agree with you more. It is gut wrenching knowing people that filed months after us are already approved and some already interviewing!! Today is our 6th month received date and i am hoping for the best, but not expecting too much. Quite the contradiction, eh? Hard to believe that TSC could not send petitions to CSC in order of their arrival so i would be a first come first serve. Seeing others being approved was a nice thing to see. But lately it is pissing me off. USCIS needs to overhaul it's procedures and stop all the "secretive" aspects of the petition process. Once we are approved, i can really breathe a sigh of relief.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I had to wait almost a year..

now I'm waiting for my EAD. That's what we sign up for when we go through this whole process ;) Super frustrating, but we'll all get through it. One day ;)

edit:

When you look up processing times here on VJ, TSC is working on February 20th, so you should get it soon :) Start getting everything ready for when you get your pack 3.

Edited by puffers

2012: met the woman of my life :wub:

June 2014: filed I-129F

May 2015: visa in hand - got married (L)

June 2015: filed I-485 and I-765

October 2015: EAD

November 2015: Potential Interview Waiver Notice

February 2016: AOS Case transferred to San Francisco office

March 2016: GC in hand (no interview)

Timeline

Philippines get no Package 3 or 4.

And filed in Feb and early Sept now? You're on time, not late at all. CSC just has nothing to file, unlike Texas and the millions they have to deal with. As soon as you get your NOA2 in mail, send off everything your beneficiary needs so that you speed the process up. Do not wait for a package 3, do not wait for MNL number, do not wait for anything but the NOA2 and then send. You should have everything together already...

But I do know how you feel, watching them FINALLY send cases to CSC for catch up and they getting approved in 2 to 4 months. Meanwhile, we're still waiting on our passport to come back from approval... been 3 weeks... all their damn vacation days they keep taking is enough to irritate anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.