anonymous88

Expedited Interview

8 posts in this topic

Our case was expedited and we got an expedited interview date today for next week but it seems impossible to get the medical done before that -- especially because they are closed on the weekends. What are we suppose to do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Get the medical for as soon as possible (maybe ask to be called if there are cancelations).

It is possible to do the interview without the medical, but no visa will be issues until the embassy gets the medical results.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Seems to depend on the doctor/ country, anything from next day to 3 weeks, but usually around a week.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband got his medical exam in 1 day (Brazil), but he paid some xtra for that. But before that he called embasy and they told him if, for some reason, medical is not done by the time of interview, he should have his interview anyway and send his medical later. But visa will not be issued before they receive it.

do you mind me asking how did you get an expedite interview? what was the reason and how did you reqest it?

thanks!

Email NVCExpedite@state.gov with the following:

As the subject line: your NVC case number or USCIS receipt number (if you don't have a case number).

At the start of the email, include:

the name + date of birth of both-- the petitioner and beneficiary.

Follow that with why you are requesting an expedite and attach documents, etc. for evidence. Mine is a medical one, so I included reports, doctor's note, etc.

My husband got his medical exam in 1 day (Brazil), but he paid some xtra for that. But before that he called embasy and they told him if, for some reason, medical is not done by the time of interview, he should have his interview anyway and send his medical later. But visa will not be issued before they receive it.

do you mind me asking how did you get an expedite interview? what was the reason and how did you reqest it?

thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Email NVCExpedite@state.gov with the following:

As the subject line: your NVC case number or USCIS receipt number (if you don't have a case number).

At the start of the email, include:

the name + date of birth of both-- the petitioner and beneficiary.

Follow that with why you are requesting an expedite and attach documents, etc. for evidence. Mine is a medical one, so I included reports, doctor's note, etc.

Thank you!

At what point did you request it?

we just got I-130 approved a week ago and did not receive anything from NVC yet.

I had quite a while before I got the i-130 approved and when they shipped it to NVC and when NVC finally received it. I think July 23rd is when it was approved and August 12th is when they got it. I got a notification when USCIS finally sent my case, about eight days after approval.

I think I requested it after I found out NVC received my case [by calling them]. A few days after that, I got an email asking for more information. A few days after that, I got another email that gave me my case number and said that the expedite request was being sent to the consulate for review.

Thank you!

At what point did you request it?

we just got I-130 approved a week ago and did not receive anything from NVC yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.