Changoleon

Administrative processing Iranian applicants please

135 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi my wife went to Armenia Yerevan on November 10/2016  for her interview, and they said your visa its ready but your husband needs to go back to Us to prove his domicile, and because of that, they have placed her on Administrative processing wich has been more than 90 days, so I'm wondering what's going on because her number doesn't appear on the website. However I came back to US two days after Her interview. Thank you

Edited by Aminfei

Timeline

Hi my wife went to Armenia Yerevan on November 10/2016  for her interview, and they said your visa its ready but your husband needs to go back to Us to prove his domicile, and because of that, they have placed her on Administrative processing wich has been more than 90 days, so I'm wondering what's going on because her number doesn't appear on the website. However I came back to US two days after Her interview. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

@Aminfei Hi there. welcome to the club! We went through the US embassy in Yerevan as well. Our interview was in June 2016 (4 months before you guys), and ever since our case has been pending administrative processing. It's been 'almost' 8 months that we have been waiting for our clearance. Just FYI, the AP is the slowest process ever with no completion date. No one, including the attorneys, can expedite it nor find out what the status of the AP is. You can try emailing the embassy to check on the status of your case but this is what you will get back over and over "We have no control over this mandatory process and cannot expedite it, keep checking our website on weekly basis to see if your case number is published." Apparently, if you guys are from Iran will have to go through the AP. You have been lucky to get yours but your wife has to go through the process unfortunately. Your wife's case will be sent back to Washington D.C. by the embassy to the Homeland Security for checking your background, investigation if your relationship is solid and you are not causing any trouble in the U.S. Once your wife is cleared, her case will be sent back to the embassy and that's when your case number will be published on the website. AP means security check and doesn't have anything to prove anything including your domicile. You guys can also check this website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw== to look up your case status by the case number. "Case last updated" is the date they have looked at your case if the AP result has been received from DHS. Good luck to you guys! Please keep us posted and update your Visajourney Timeline if you can http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=256033.

Timeline

@AminfeiGotcha! Yeah, AP is going to be a lengthy process unfortunately. For the Iranian applicants, it can take up to a year. You guys just need to be patient. What type of visa are you guys applying for?

Edited by Chicago4ever

Filed: Country:
Timeline
16 hours ago, Chicago4ever said:

@Aminfei Hi there. welcome to the club! We went through the US embassy in Yerevan as well. Our interview was in June 2016 (4 months before you guys), and ever since our case has been pending administrative processing. It's been 'almost' 8 months that we have been waiting for our clearance. Just FYI, the AP is the slowest process ever with no completion date. No one, including the attorneys, can expedite it nor find out what the status of the AP is. You can try emailing the embassy to check on the status of your case but this is what you will get back over and over "We have no control over this mandatory process and cannot expedite it, keep checking our website on weekly basis to see if your case number is published." Apparently, if you guys are from Iran will have to go through the AP. You have been lucky to get yours but your wife has to go through the process unfortunately. Your wife's case will be sent back to Washington D.C. by the embassy to the Homeland Security for checking your background, investigation if your relationship is solid and you are not causing any trouble in the U.S. Once your wife is cleared, her case will be sent back to the embassy and that's when your case number will be published on the website. AP means security check and doesn't have anything to prove anything including your domicile. You guys can also check this website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw== to look up your case status by the case number. "Case last updated" is the date they have looked at your case if the AP result has been received from DHS. Good luck to you guys! Please keep us posted and update your Visajourney Timeline if you can http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=256033.

My interview was in June 2016 too, but mine was in Abu dhabi. :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Leila120 said:

I recently wrote an article about how this ban has affected my life and my thoughts about the future. I was invited to tell my story by a popular news site that will showcase it soon. I've posted my article here and I hope you guys are able to do the same. It's in these stories that help motivate politicians to act and help create resistance that will eventually be used to get rid of this injustice. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoHFN3-ts95oGyfILH_byyDbaCXcdAjOjJacaeq8L94

Well written, informative and true story. It's a simple message and the most basic human right exercise which comes from the heart.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

@Chicago4ever Have you noticed any new immigrant visas posted on Yerevan embassy's site? I've been checking every day for my husband's visa and I haven't seen any new numbers posted for weeks. It makes me wonder if there's a problem. Non immigrant visas, on the other hand, seem to be updating regularly.

Timeline
On February 17, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Chicago4ever said:

@AminfeiGotcha! Yeah, AP is going to be a lengthy process unfortunately. For the Iranian applicants, it can take up to a year. You guys just need to be patient. What type of visa are you guys applying for?

marriage

Timeline

@Chicago4ever

I am a US Citizen and She was placed on Administrative Processing and our case is Marriage, we have waited for long time and I been in US for 22 years so I have records in US, I don't know whats taking so long its been a long time. 

Edited by Aminfei

Timeline

@Chicago4ever well her interview was November 10/2016 and now its April 4th 2017, we are frustrated and we don't know whats taking so long, I have been in US for 22 years, so to me this is strange and madness. I understand that if I was here in US for a short time, that would be ok but to be in this country for 22 year, I don't know whats going on and why its taking so long to be clear. 

Edited by Aminfei

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Do you think this AP waiting game is equal to both male and females?

I'm a female Iranian beneficiary, 25, with a bachelor in engineering. I have never applied for a job also, but I have applied for an M.Sc. in Europe. Do you think it's possible to get a visa right after the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.