Changoleon

Administrative processing Iranian applicants please

135 posts in this topic

ok now it is signed and as expected will be executed at this very day. 

main question is about those within Visa ( Im srr guys but it looks like you are neck deep into this if you are in ap process) : 

IF A PERSON HAS VIABLE VISA IN HAND , ARE THEY GONNA BAN HIM FROM ENTERING UNITED STATE?

3 minutes ago, Leila120 said:

It's unfortunate, but it looks like people who are in administrative processing will have their cases suspended. Then (IF) the Iranian government does comply with the demands for releasing information about sufficient vetting of visa applicants, the administrative process will continue but will have various things included, such as a new interview and values test, etc.. Sadly, this extended addition could take many more months. As for your main question, nobody really knows if a person with a viable visa at hand will be turned away. According to what I've read, it looks as though there is a high possibility. 

Thank you for your reply Leila Jan.

To have visa and being denied entrance ? Shame! not only to  me, to all those involved with visa process from USCIS to ....

yet They said not to sell you belongings and do not quit your job unless you have your VISA. IF denied entrance someone must be hold accountable for these huge problems. dont they? 

8 minutes ago, Leila120 said:

I totally agree, it's very unfair and violates our dignity and even the constitution. We can just hope that this new executive order gets rejected by the high court. I think if it does get rejected then you could probably sue for unjust hardship and violating the legality of our visa process. I never thought such a thing would happen, especially since my spouse and I are so close to getting our visa. All we can do is hope this law gets rejected as soon as possible! If not, and if it takes more than 1 year, then I have decided to live in another country with my spouse. I'm not going to let this problem delay and stop my life! I wish you the best and I hope that you can come here without any problems in the future.

and the nightmare just happened : 

They have rejected Iranian Green card holders at air port ( California ) . so CR1 and IR1 and .... will be rejected no matter what . 

1111111.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 1/24/2017 at 11:51 PM, Leila120 said:

Hi everyone, I'm very worried about what I heard recently about how President Trump will ban people from entering the U.S. from certain countries such as Iraq, Syria, Somalia and Iran. The media has said that Trump will sign papers to ban people from those countries starting tomorrow, January 25. My husband is Iranian and are IR1 - visa was approved in September 2016. We have been waiting for administrative processing since September. Do you think this new ban on Iranians will effect our cases, or is this just a ban for new applicants only? 

Ok I'm crying my eyes out? After 4 years  of being together and over a year waiting for the visa my fiancé got his visa 2 days ago. It was approved on Dec 30the but they didn't issue the visa until 2 days ago and now with this new ban he can not come for the next 3 months and it may become permanent after that. I am just devastated! ???. 

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Marmar55 said:

Ok I'm crying my eyes out? After 4 years  of being together and over a year waiting for the visa my fiancé got his visa 2 days ago. It was approved on Dec 30the but they didn't issue the visa until 2 days ago and now with this new ban he can not come for the next 3 months and it may become permanent after that. I am just devastated! ???. 

I am so sorry :( .... you know we're in the same boat with you ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

@Marmar55, at least your fiancé has received the visa which is a good thing. Your fiancé will have 6 months to leave Iran, and doesn't have to be re-interviewed based on the new order and future mandatory requirements. Hopefully, in 90 days everything will be settled down. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.