Changoleon

Administrative processing Iranian applicants please

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Leila120 said:

I know everyone affected by this ban will have their lives delayed like mine. What are your plans for now and the future? 

now: to wait for the next announcement within probably the next 90 days

future: to keep all other options open

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi friends, 

I hope all of you are well and some of you have received good news. 

Is anyone still in processing for their I-130 for Iranian spouse?

We received our NOA1 on Aug. 30, 2016 but still no NOA2 and I'm worried if they are on hold due to the ban and confusion.

Currently my husband and I are living in Qatar (he was born and raised here but is Irani). We were planning to move to my hometown (Denver) as soon as he gets the immigration visa but now we aren't sure what is happening. The good thing is that life in Qatar is very nice and peaceful, we both have jobs and it's a great place to live. I would really recommend it for any of you that are looking for a 3rd country to go to. 

We were also planning on traveling to US in May for a friends wedding but I'm worried that he won't be issued a B2 visit visa. I guess we will try. I called the US embassy here and they couldn't give me any information. 

Doha, Qatar

Met: 2011

Married: August 2014, Doha, Qatar

Filed I-130: August 25, 2016
NOA1: August 30, 2016
I-130 Approved (NOA2): March 17, 2017

NVC Scan Date: May 25, 2017

NVC Case Complete: July 17, 2017

Received P4 Letter: August 3, 2017

Interview Date: September 19, 2017

Timeline

@Leila120

Qatar is very open for Iranian as there are many that are here. However, in the last year it has become more difficult to get a RP (residency permit) for Iranian as many jobs aren't being issued new visas for Iranian nationality. Basically, he would need to find a company that already has available Iranian visas for him to work there. For American it is definitely much easier and you might be able to get around with having your husband under your sponsorship (family sponsor). If you are family sponsored you only need a work permit and not a visa from you job. For example, I am under the sponsorship of my husband, therefore I can work anywhere in the country without needing a visa from that company. Usually the husband sponsors the wife and he is the head of the family but there are certain situations where the wife can sponsor the husband. It's definitely not an easy process but it would be worth looking into if you think you case could take much longer. 

I moved to Qatar in 2014 to be with and marry my husband as we knew it would be easier than him trying to come to the US. We also have a toddler (20 month old son) and it would be very difficult for us all to be apart. I can't imagine how you are feeling. 

Maybe you could take a vacation to Qatar or UAE and meet your husband here to spend some time together and see about the lifestyle here? It may be a good idea to check into the visa availability in UAE also. I would prefer to live in UAE over Qatar, however, my husbands family is here. 

Edited by amoooooor

Doha, Qatar

Filed: Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Leila120 said:

@Sata, If I were in your situation I would renew your passport immediately. If you don't then you will not be able to go to the embassy to get your visa issued. No countries will accept a passport that have a validity under 6 months. 

thank you Leila jaan... I will do that today...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey All, my fiance, from Iran, has been pending based on the administrative processing for 7 months to obtain her K-1 visa. At this point, does it make sense to change her visa type from fiance to spouse? Would that help with the process as far as making it faster or better (easier) to process by the embassy? Thank you so much.

Timeline
On 2/10/2017 at 10:21 AM, Leila120 said:

Based upon what I read, it won't make too much of a difference. Fiancé visas are typically faster but the administrative processing time is the exact same as in a spousal visa. With an average AP waiting time of 7 - 8 months for Iranians. Here is a link that you may find helpful: 

http://www.apsanlaw.com/mlaw-126.What-you-should-know-about-a-Fiance-Visa-K-1--Questions-and-Answers-.html

After the I-130 is approved, do you know an average time for the NVC stage? 

We are just trying to make plans but it's hard with so much uncertainty as to when things will get approved and when/if there will be any immigration law changes that will affect Iranians. 

Doha, Qatar

10 hours ago, Chicago4ever said:

@Sata No one has been cleared in Armenia since 7-8 days ago. 

hey SATA

yes , do check MOHAJERSARA .... there has been plenty of ppl with clearance and visa issuance, Im in the process of receiving visa myself.

I got cleared on the day Trump executive order though,

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Vitran said:

hey SATA

yes , do check MOHAJERSARA .... there has been plenty of ppl with clearance and visa issuance, Im in the process of receiving visa myself.

I got cleared on the day Trump executive order though,

Vitran jaan

I am at Mohajersara website, but no one Cleared there, those who go to embassies for visas are those who cleared before the E Order. 

Did u get your passport with Visa? and please say which Embassy you were? did u had any update since interview? Its been more than 8 month for me on Ap and I had 0 Update, it makes me crazy...I can't understand why no Updates for me!!!

2 hours ago, Sata said:

Vitran jaan

I am at Mohajersara website, but no one Cleared there, those who go to embassies for visas are those who cleared before the E Order. 

Did u get your passport with Visa? and please say which Embassy you were? did u had any update since interview? Its been more than 8 month for me on Ap and I had 0 Update, it makes me crazy...I can't understand why no Updates for me!!!

I have just received a phone call from consulate to go there for fingerprinting.

I blv that sounds like visa issuance.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Vitran said:

I have just received a phone call from consulate to go there for fingerprinting.

I blv that sounds like visa issuance.

its odd, Isn't it? never heard about it.... you had your interview, and they kept your passport for issuing visa... why they called you now for fingerprint? didn't they do that before or during interview? I mean while you were in Embassy? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.