America15

A few (simple) questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey All

I am new here and also try to organize all the paperwork.

I got married 3 weeks ago and came with a J1-Visa to America.

I've got a few questions but unfortunately I can't find the answers for the questions. I've already figured out a lot here but not all.

Now my questions:

First of all I have 3 folders: AOS, EAD and AP. Vanessa (I think that's her name) gave an awesome example how to organize them.

For each folder I attached 2 passport pictures. So in total 6 pictures.

• I've read here that my husband (US citizen) also has to attach 2 passport pictures. One on his G 325A form and the other one?
  • I attached the pictures to the I-485, I-765 and I-131. Is that correct?
  • My husband was in the Military and get paid his school and disability. We can not fill out the tax part because my husband doesn't have to pay tax. I attached just a paper how much he gets paid. Is that enough? Do I have to explain it to them on an extra paper or do they know it? He doesn't have papers that he does not have to pay tax.
  • I'm a kind of confused because of the money. I know I have to send all the papers to Chicago. But it says when I send in the whole package I only have to pay 1 070$. Do I have to split the money or do I just attach the money in the AOS folder and label it (that it is for all 3 folders) ?

And my last question for today is:

• An other ex-Au Pair told me, that the whole process takes longer now because they are behind. Means instead of a few month to 6 months I have to wait 10 months she said. Can someone confirm that?

I have to add that she overstayed, sent in her papers 1 year after marriage (she got married 8 months after her visa expired) and works in the company of her husband since her Au Pair time was over.

I appreciate all your help!

You need I-693 medical exam too.

Fee is 1490 not 1070. All in one check/money order.

Everything is smooth you will get an interview less than 6 months.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Vanessa's old guide can be useful, but was written for those adjusting from a K-1. You also need an I-130 filed concurrently when adjusting from a J-1. They will all be sent together to the Chicago Lockbox. The I-130 has its own separate fee. Follow this guide> http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you guys so much!!! I hope everything works out

But do I still need only 6 pic of me and 2 of my husband? Or is it just for adjusting from K-1?

An other important question is my status. I am still in my travel month but married since almost 3 weeks. I've read that my status is, when my visa expired "none" but does my travel month still count?

Edited by America15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The I-130 requires 1 passport photo from the USC petitioner and 1 passport photo from the intending immigrant. The guide I linked above lists what documents you need with the I-130.

The I-485 requires 2 passport photos from the adjustment applicant. The I-765 and I-131 also require 2 each, so that would be a total of 7 from the intending immigrant and 1 from the USC spouse.

If you entered with a J-1, then your status would be just that. You can enter 'J-1 Visa' as your status of last entry.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.