Rick&maria

anyone??who applied for crba even no documents from the USC father?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi VJ members good day :)

I'm a k1 visa applicant and my son a k2 the petitioner is not my son father - during the interview I was asked to applied for my son crba which is took me a lot of research how can I push that application knowing the father will not cooperate and will not give all the do

Can't do without usc father.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

hi VJ members good day :)

I'm a k1 visa applicant and my son a k2 the petitioner is not my son father - during the interview I was asked to applied for my son crba which is took me a lot of research how can I push that application knowing the father will not cooperate and will not give all the documents i needed ... last march of 2015 as the father is still living in the Philippines i went with my son to talk to him and with my fiance knowledge of course and as expected he refused and said that we should not bother him anymore. i called the US embassy Manila ACS and i was advised to get appointment for my son CRBA application. I submitted all the documents i have on my hand (photocopy) i only have my son NSO birth certificate with USC father signature on it - now i cant provide documents from the father such as passport and birth certificate and proof of presence in the US as the father dont want to provide those papers/records. as i kept checking on this site and really helpful and given me so much knowledge the CRBA will be denied and we can continue to the K2 visa route (thank you so much) i received an email from the US embassy giving me schedule date on September 1, 2015...if anyone been to same situation as my son does can you please give me such insight what will gonna happen on the interview day :) denied letter will be given right away? and will ask me to go back to IV department? or... as our case is under 221g because of my son crba will just send the denied letter with our passports? i know and im thinking that they might be able to give me advise - but still better to have enough knowledge before going there :) and for me to know what to expect - i hope im not being silly :P and thank you guys!! Maria

Timeline

Can't do without usc father.

hi nancynguyen thank you for the reply that even my post is incomplete you made an effort to give me idea :) i kind of expected that i needed my son crba denied so we can go to k2 visa route - me and my son is done with our kvisa interview just hold due to CRBA :)

I don't know if you can file CBRA yourself, you can try so it can get denied. It is complicated.

N400

Filed: Timeline

It sounds like the child was born out of wedlock to a US citizen father. In that case, in order to transmit citizenship to the child at birth, it requires the father to make a written statement to support the child until age 18. So it cannot be done without the father's cooperation.

In all other cases (born in wedlock, born out of wedlock to US citizen mother), it only depends on the US citizen parent's periods of physical presence in the US, and does not require the US citizen parent's cooperation.

Timeline

I don't know if you can file CBRA yourself, you can try so it can get denied. It is complicated.

Yes Nancy I am allowed as the embassy asked me to applied my son crba - my son needs to be cleared about the citizenship claim so they can give his visa. I can't provide and prove my son citizenship without documentation from the father.

Timeline

It sounds like the child was born out of wedlock to a US citizen father. In that case, in order to transmit citizenship to the child at birth, it requires the father to make a written statement to support the child until age 18. So it cannot be done without the father's cooperation.

In all other cases (born in wedlock, born out of wedlock to US citizen mother), it only depends on the US citizen parent's periods of physical presence in the US, and does not require the US citizen parent's cooperation.

Yes, my son is born out of wedlock. And I can't get the crba approval without the father cooperation - I needed the crba denied so we can take the k2 visa route for my son

Yes, my son is born out of wedlock. And I can't get the crba approval without the father cooperation - I needed the crba denied so we can take the k2 visa route for my son

Yes they will deny it eventually at CRBA interview. Don't worry much.

N400

Timeline

Yes they will deny it eventually at CRBA interview. Don't worry much.

Thank you Nancy :)

really appreciated your kindness to reply :)

Timeline

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Last September 1,2015 my son crba appointment at us embassy manila. It went well :) I struggled and I got worried...made a way on how to accomplished the crba without the cooperation from the father but at the end of the day we just needed the DENIAL LETTER of my son CRBA - the process and the waiting is really a hassle but thank God last october 22,2015 we received the denial letter and we sent all the documents needed for our k1/k2 visa 221g

Such as:

Nso birth certificate of my son

Denial letter of CRBA

My passport (Philippine passport)

And my son passport (Philippine passport)

As of today, I'm very happy :)

I checked our case number (CEAC) from status date of May, 19,2015 (interview date) it was changed and update today October 26, 2015 although still AP but knowing that they checked our case number is another hope :) looking forward for nectrl days :)

Edited by Rick&maria

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is closed in favor of most recent on the topic:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.