POA

Incomplete name in the lease agreement

4 posts in this topic

Good day guys,

I am already starting to gather our proofs for my upcoming ROC. I would like to have all that I could get but as you know on my previous posts, I've been having trouble with my name.

I have two first names, ex Ana Maria however, in the lease agreement, it only shows Ana, before we even signed the lease for the first time, I told the landlord that my name was incomplete but they said they could just request for it once we already need it to be updated.

Now. we are on our second year in the apt. I emailed them and asked them to reprint the first page to have my complete name Ana Maria since all my documents has that but they are just giving me a hard time saying they could not reprint the first lease and we need to resign the agreement. I am almost thinking just to submit whatever we have.

My question are,

Will it matter if the lease agreement shows only Ana without the Maria even all my documents shows Ana Maria?

Did anyone here had the same issue but was able to go through the ROC with the incomplete first name?

How important is it to make sure that the name in one of the proofs is complete?

Thanks a lot! I am just so frustrated and my name has been causing me issues since day one here in the US.

Can your landlord write a separate letter on their letterhead (if they have a letterhead) attesting to the fact that they know your real name is Ana Maria even though the lease only shows Ana?

I could try to request. I talked to them again and they were able to reprint the new lease agreement and gave us a copy of our initial application form showing how I wrote my name. Thank you for your suggestion. I guess that's all we can do right now. :(

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think USCIS can figure out who you are. It's about substance, not form.

Thanks Tuckin14. I think you are correct since everyone here gets my name incorrectly, I would assume USCIS will feel the same way with my name lol. I just want to have a smooth process as we all want it. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.