Jump to content

How can I update my sibling married status after filled and approved ?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I filled the form I-130 to sponsor my sister and got the approval letter. During the waiting time, she's married and have a daughter. How can I update her status with USCIS? what form should I need to fill up? Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


There are no forms.

Since the I-130 has been approved, it has been transferred to the NVC.

Write a letter to the NVC with the case number, petitioner and beneficiary's full names, addresses, and birthdates so the case can be identified. Include photocopies of birth certificates and the marriage certificate with English translations. Request to add the wife and child.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.