peccia27

Question about Administative Processing?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First I want to say thank you to everyone that posts on here, a lot of your threads and replies have helped my fiancee and I get through this tedious process.

My fiancee and I are in the final stages of having our K1 visa issued and we had a question about the administartive processing, I have read through the threads and it seemed that most people that were put on Administrative Processing was because they had to turn in more paperwork.

My fiancee had her interview on July 27th and was told she will be issued the visa and then finished the last stage of the process at the embassy.

Is it normal for someone who was told she passed the interview and will be issued a visa to be put on Administartive Processing for multiple weeks and not hear anything?

I will update my profile soon with all the dates of the stages we have completed.

Thank you for our help

Arlyn and Joshua

First I want to say thank you to everyone that posts on here, a lot of your threads and replies have helped my fiancee and I get through this tedious process.

My fiancee and I are in the final stages of having our K1 visa issued and we had a question about the administartive processing, I have read through the threads and it seemed that most people that were put on Administrative Processing was because they had to turn in more paperwork.

My fiancee had her interview on July 27th and was told she will be issued the visa and then finished the last stage of the process at the embassy.

Is it normal for someone who was told she passed the interview and will be issued a visa to be put on Administartive Processing for multiple weeks and not hear anything?

I will update my profile soon with all the dates of the stages we have completed.

Thank you for our help

Arlyn and Joshua

Here is the official reply to your question:

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case.

From http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/administrative-processing-information.html

Your mileage may vary. Each case is different. Your in the normal "processing window" and with a little more patience, you will have your visa in hand.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Administrative processing is not uncommon. There are various reasons for it. For example, the Embassy may have ordered their own copy of your CENOMAR or your NBI.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Administrative processing is not uncommon. There are various reasons for it. For example, the Embassy may have ordered their own copy of your CENOMAR or your NBI.

Did you have to go thru Document Verification? Back when it was happening at the USEM?

Did you have to go thru Document Verification? Back when it was happening at the USEM?

Fortunately, we didn't have to go through document verification. However, the Embassy "misplaced" some of our documents, so Chinook had to submit replacements.

Occasionally, the Embassy will still verify documents.

Timeline

Thank you for all the replies. It just seems a little weird to us, she had all the necessary paperwork and they didn't even ask to see I-134. Another couple that she met on the same day she did the interview, who was also interviewed by the same person and passed just like my fiancee did. They were put on AP for one day and then was issued the next day and they is already in the United States.

I know it is pointless to try to talk to the Embassy because they will give you the same predetermined answer without even looking at your case but as most know it is very frustrating waiting without knowing if they need more information or if it just got lost in a pile of papers.

When I finally got a letter in the mail about the next step at the Manila Embassy (about a month after we received the email) there were 3 other peoples letters stuck to the back of mine (I paid to forward them to their address because I didn't want them to have to wait longer), luckily we receive an email as well or else those people might not have gotten their notices for months.

I am praying that my fiancee gets the visa soon, I have a 3 week window between the time my summer classes end and my new job begins. I am hoping I can go get her and spend time with her family and not have to just make it a 2-3 day trip.

Once again, thank you for the replies

Timeline

Thank you for all the replies. It just seems a little weird to us, she had all the necessary paperwork and they didn't even ask to see I-134. Another couple that she met on the same day she did the interview, who was also interviewed by the same person and passed just like my fiancee did. They were put on AP for one day and then was issued the next day and they is already in the United States.

I know it is pointless to try to talk to the Embassy because they will give you the same predetermined answer without even looking at your case but as most know it is very frustrating waiting without knowing if they need more information or if it just got lost in a pile of papers.

When I finally got a letter in the mail about the next step at the Manila Embassy (about a month after we received the email) there were 3 other peoples letters stuck to the back of mine (I paid to forward them to their address because I didn't want them to have to wait longer), luckily we receive an email as well or else those people might not have gotten their notices for months.

I am praying that my fiancee gets the visa soon, I have a 3 week window between the time my summer classes end and my new job begins. I am hoping I can go get her and spend time with her family and not have to just make it a 2-3 day trip.

Once again, thank you for the replies

They haven't been asking for the 134s for a few months, so that's definitely a problem,

Timeline

They haven't been asking for the 134s for a few months, so that's definitely a problem,

So I am not sure what tou are trying to say. We had our I-134 for the interview but they never asked for it at the interview and they haven't asked for it since. Maybe I didn't explain that well and I am hoping it was just a misunderstanding because your reply has made me nervous.

So I am not sure what tou are trying to say. We had our I-134 for the interview but they never asked for it at the interview and they haven't asked for it since. Maybe I didn't explain that well and I am hoping it was just a misunderstanding because your reply has made me nervous.

Nevermind, just saw your next post.

Thank you

Timeline

I just wanted to once again say thank you for all the replies.

Our status changed to issued on Tuesday August 11th. After reading all the stories on here about how long it takes to get through administrative processing my fiancee got very worried and wanted me to ask as many people as possible to try to find a answer. And then it ends up getting issued after just two and a half weeks.

Best of luck to all of you still working on getting your Visa, now it is on to the next step for us which should be easier considering I have family that does that part for a living. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

I just wanted to once again say thank you for all the replies.

Our status changed to issued on Tuesday August 11th. After reading all the stories on here about how long it takes to get through administrative processing my fiancee got very worried and wanted me to ask as many people as possible to try to find a answer. And then it ends up getting issued after just two and a half weeks.

Best of luck to all of you still working on getting your Visa, now it is on to the next step for us which should be easier considering I have family that does that part for a living. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Congrats. This is a process of patience. I am glad this has worked out for you guys. Safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.