apple21

Anyone has previous experience with HireRight?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! My hopefully-soon-to-be employer is conducting a background check on me and the company doing the process is called HireRight.

I already submitted all the initial required documents (transcript of records and my student ID# from college) online last Friday (Aug 7th) and I also did the drug screening that day.

I'm just wondering if anybody else here has dealt with HireRight before? How long did the process take? Their website says 2-4 business days but may take longer especially if the educational institution or former employer is outside the US. I graduated from a well-known university in Manila, Philippines.

According to my job offer, I'm supposed to start Aug 17th. I'm just hoping everything will be completed by then.

Thanks guys. ☺️

The company i work for now used talent wise. Think most companies will work the same so will tell you my experience. They had a couple questions about my back ground but they send me and email about it and called me once. I had no issue's with my degrees even when they where not translated they knew what they where. They questions a got where about my temp job (W2) and another pretty simple question i can't remember. My start date even moved a week up so i had to start a week earlier. Everything was done within a week. It took them a couple days to get everything done.

Edited by Ralph and Meghan

Timeline

Thanks Ralph and Meghan.

I'm just concerned because of the time differences. ?

I'll have my w2 ready in case they ask for it as well. ☺️

don't worry. I'll give you 4 weeks before you start complaining about your job. I remember i was so happy when i got my job but got used to it pretty quickly.

Timeline

Lol. I hope not though I get what you mean. ?

My previous jobs were temporary and this one is permanent with benefits so I'm really happy. It's also a big company with lots of room for growth.

Edited by apple21

i know exactly what you mean. i was lucky to find one 3 weeks after i got my green card. One tip. Try to max out the employers side of the 401-k as quickly as you can. It's free money for when you retire ;-)

Hi!

My new employer used HireRight too. It took about a week. They have offices all over the world, so they delegate each part to different offices of theirs.

Ultimately, HireRight just sends as report to your employer, and they then decide whether you meet the standards or not.

Edit to add: Unless they need something from you, HireRight won't get back to you. You can log back in on their website though, and you'll see that it changes to Completed. You can then (depending on the employer, but I'd guess most of them opt for this) see the report in your online account.

The next day, or whenever your employer has had the time to look at the report, you'll see a line that says "Meets company standard" on the report, and then you're all set!

Good luck!

Editing again: August 17th? I've heard that start date for AHA positions, if so, we're working for the same company! I'm starting on the 14th

Edited by justin-s

Timeline

Thanks justin-s! ☺️

I just checked my account and it says "in progress".

Yesterday I got an email from my employer telling me to complete the hiring process thru their website which I immediately did. They instructed me to bring completed i-9 form plus other docs (GC and SS) to my first day of work.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

This morning and noon time I checked the status and it was still "in progress".

Glad I re-checked again just now and it said additional documentation required: W2 for my most recent job.

Scanned and submitted right away! ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.