PDXDD

Are you still waiting for conditional green card to arrive after welcome notice?

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Green card received today!!!!

Great news TrixieStep :yes:

Btw did your husband called up USCIS on 21st to get the tracking number? If yes, did they shared anything with him?

Timeline

Great news TrixieStep :yes:

Btw did your husband called up USCIS on 21st to get the tracking number? If yes, did they shared anything with him?

I did called up the USCIS customer service sometime back for the tracking number - the level 1 was good for nothing :protest: , she eventually transferred the call to the next level - & the guy gave me what I asked for :thumbs: .

Both of us checked the status & realized it got delivered today :wow:

Now can't wait to go home after work & check it out - finally the wait is over, phew :joy:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

I used the third box :)

Mine was received the next day~~so you might get it tomorrow :)

Congrats~~so my method worked on your case :) haha~~~

I actually tried your method! We received the approval email on 8/7/15 and the welcome letter on 8/11/15. I submitted an inquiry per your advice on 8/20/15 and today the USCIS website is updated stating that my Green Card has been mailed!! I only waited 1.5 weeks after approval! I figured "if it works, it works" now, it may be a coincidence but only God knows. Anywho, thanks for posting! :)

But most importantly, Thank you, Lord JESUS!!!!!! Blessed be Your name!!!

AOS

8/1/09- Married (L)

9/5/14- Sent AOS Package

9/10/14- Received texts with receipt numbers, Online status updated for all four cases to " Acceptance" & " Initial review "

9/20/14- Biometrics letter recieved ( Date set for 9/30/14 )

9/30/14- Biometrics completed

10/8/14- Case moved to "Testing and interview "

10/16/14- EAD and AP Approved

10/22/14- EAD Mailed

10/24/14- EAD Delivered

3/23/15- Interview... no decision,

8/07/15- Rec'd email that my husband is APPROVED!!! Praise the LORD!!!!! Thank you, JESUS!!!!

8/11/15- Welcome Notice rec'd in mail

8/25/15- Green Card has been mailed!!!!!

8/27/15 - Green Card in hand!!

N-400

6/6/19- Sent N-400 Package

6/8/19- Biometrics completed

6/24/19- Biometrics reviewed

2/18/20- Interview scheduled (3/26/20)

3/18/20- Rec'd letter "Interview De-Scheduled

9/21/20- Rec'd letter with new interview date

10/15/20- Interview!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

Just found this thread, and I realize most of you have finally gotten your green cards, but I'm hoping some of you might actually see this and provide some advice as we are really anxiously awaiting our green card.

We received our welcome letter on July 23, 2015 (5 weeks ago today). The letter states we need to wait up to 3 weeks to receive green card. On the USCIS website, our status is "My Welcome Notice Was Mailed" and states the green card should arrive by Sept 21, 2015. We have not seen a status of "Green Card in Production" or "My Green Card was mailed", at least to our knowledge. At the 3 week mark, we called USCIS and they told us (rather generically) that we should just wait and then call them again on Sept 22, 2015. Our Welcome Letter was issued from Lees Summit, MO, like many of you who have had delays.

Our AOS case is almost 15 months old - we filed June 6, 2014. We have a trip planned out of the country in early October, so we really can't afford to wait much longer. It seems that in spite of all the USCIS GC production delays, software problems, not enough employees, etc., it appears that most of you did get your GC's (in the end) at or around the 4 week mark after the Welcome Letter. We really don't know what we should do:

1) Call USCIS again and hope we get a different answer

2) Schedule an info pass

3) Call the 1-800-375-5283 that cococacao (post #28) recommends and ask for a "service request"

4) Do an e-request as bubblebubble (post#36 and #47) recommends. (We're a little wary of this, because it doesn't appear our card has been mailed, and the 3 option specifically says not to do the e-request if you are still in the "waiting" stage.

5) Call our congressman.

6) Keep waiting

We'd greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Rob and Adrian

Edited by TAB2TAB

Hello all,

Just found this thread, and I realize most of you have finally gotten your green cards, but I'm hoping some of you might actually see this and provide some advice as we are really anxiously awaiting our green card.

We received our welcome letter on July 23, 2015 (5 weeks ago today). The letter states we need to wait up to 3 weeks to receive green card. On the USCIS website, our status is "My Welcome Notice Was Mailed" and states the green card should arrive by Sept 21, 2015. We have not seen a status of "Green Card in Production" or "My Green Card was mailed", at least to our knowledge. At the 3 week mark, we called USCIS and they told us (rather generically) that we should just wait and then call them again on Sept 22, 2015. Our Welcome Letter was issued from Lees Summit, MO, like many of you who have had delays.

Our AOS case is almost 15 months old - we filed June 6, 2014. We have a trip planned out of the country in early October, so we really can't afford to wait much longer. It seems that in spite of all the USCIS GC production delays, software problems, not enough employees, etc., it appears that most of you did get your GC's (in the end) at or around the 4 week mark after the Welcome Letter. We really don't know what we should do:

2) Schedule an info pass

3) Call the 1-800-375-5283 that cococacao (post #28) recommends and ask for a "service request"

4) Do an e-request as bubblebubble (post#36 and #47) recommends. (We're a little wary of this, because it doesn't appear our card has been mailed, and the 3 option specifically says not to do the e-request if you are still in the "waiting" stage.

5) Call our congressman.

6) Keep waiting

Rob and Adrian

An e-request and service request is essentially the same thing. An e-request is just a service request you can do yourself online.

Personally I would do options 1 and 2 on your list. Never call customer service only once. If you call them 5 times, you might get 5 different answers. State that your letter says to wait 3 weeks, which you have, so now you need action taken.

You can schedule an infopass and get a stamp in your passport so that you can travel. It's not the best solution, but it is an option and a way to come back after your travels.

And I guess option #6 on your list is unavoidable. Sorry you have been waiting so long. I thought my almost 12 months was bad...

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

2) Schedule an info pass

5) Call our congressman.

6) Keep waiting

Rob and Adrian

omg that's a terrible wait! Hang in there; it's almost over.

It took us about 5 weeks after approval to get the GC. We were approved July 14 and received the card August 19 (5 weeks and 1 day). I would really recommend doing the service request since that's what the IO told me to do. I feel confident it'll arrive for you soon, but do the SR just to be sure. They are graded on response times and should have an answer to you by phone or email within 2 weeks. Like Pickle said, it might help to go to an infopass appointment as well.

For me contacting my congressperson was practically not helpful at all, although I've heard other people have success with that.

An e-request and service request is essentially the same thing. An e-request is just a service request you can do yourself online.

Personally I would do options 1 and 2 on your list. Never call customer service only once. If you call them 5 times, you might get 5 different answers. State that your letter says to wait 3 weeks, which you have, so now you need action taken.

You can schedule an infopass and get a stamp in your passport so that you can travel. It's not the best solution, but it is an option and a way to come back after your travels.

And I guess option #6 on your list is unavoidable. Sorry you have been waiting so long. I thought my almost 12 months was bad...

E-request and SR are same thing? That's weird, because I put in an e-request months ago and NEVER heard back at all, but the IO specifically told me to call the number for a quick response time. The IO said the SR is when a person physically goes down to the card production location to figure out what's up.

Edited by cococacao

USAMEXflag-small.png

Timeline

Totally agree with Pickle & cococacoa -

Moment it hits 3 weeks timeline, you should raise the SR.

My attorney was about to do so on the day we hit 3 weeks, but luckily we got the card dispatch update the same day morning.

Next time when you call the customer service, please don't waste your precious time with the 1st person/level 1 (whatever they call it) - good for nothing, all they can do is read the same thing which even we can see online. They don't have access to check card dispatch tracking number even, so what help they can do with SR.

Immediately ask you want to talk to the next higher level, to raise SR, as it's beyond normal processing times.

Schedule the infopass too, but I would suggest give at least a week gap or something from the day you raised the SR - or else during infopass IO might end up giving the same feedback - 'please wait, u just raised sr, blah blah'.

Atleast you can get the I-551 stamp, to help you during the trip. Keep the trip supporting docs as well, as they might ask to validate.

E-request and SR are same thing? That's weird, because I put in an e-request months ago and NEVER heard back at all, but the IO specifically told me to call the number for a quick response time. The IO said the SR is when a person physically goes down to the card production location to figure out what's up.

Yup, same thing :) According to USCIS website:

Within e-Request, you will be able to create a Service Request if you do not receive documents related to Forms I-485, Application to Adjust Permanent Residence or Adjust Status; I-765, Application for Employment Authorization; and I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

And:

When the customer requests service by calling the​ National Customer Service Center​(​NCSC​)​ toll​-​free telephone number, a SRMT ​S​ervice ​R​equest ​is​ created by ​NCSC ​staff ​if the inquiry​ cannot be resolved during the call​.

Customers m​a​y also directly initiate SRMT inquiries ​online ​when ​certain ​pending application​s​or petitions are​ outside normal processing time​s​.​

Not all service request are related to card productions, so they don't always have to go to a location. So in your case, yes, the service request was of a different nature where physical action was necessary. But not for all requests :)

Naturalization:

ROC:

AOS from F1 visa:

Timeline

Yup, same thing :) According to USCIS website:

Within e-Request, you will be able to create a Service Request if you do not receive documents related to Forms I-485, Application to Adjust Permanent Residence or Adjust Status; I-765, Application for Employment Authorization; and I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

And:

When the customer requests service by calling the​ National Customer Service Center​(​NCSC​)​ toll​-​free telephone number, a SRMT ​S​ervice ​R​equest ​is​ created by ​NCSC ​staff ​if the inquiry​ cannot be resolved during the call​.

Customers m​a​y also directly initiate SRMT inquiries ​online ​when ​certain ​pending application​s​or petitions are​ outside normal processing time​s​.​

Not all service request are related to card productions, so they don't always have to go to a location. So in your case, yes, the service request was of a different nature where physical action was necessary. But not for all requests :)

Wow you're right, good to know thanks :)

USAMEXflag-small.png

Timeline

So grateful to hear from all of you! We will do the service request, wait a week or so, and do an infopass if still waiting. We'll let you know how this all goes! Thanks again everyone!

Rob and Adrian

Timeline

Ooooh, interesting new development... as soon as I sent my last reply a few minutes ago, we just checked the USCIS website and our status has JUST changed! We've gone from "My Welcome Notice Was Mailed" to "My New Card Is Being Produced". Any reason to get excited yet? Should we hang tight a little while now, or go ahead and still do the service request?

Thanks all!

Rob and Adrian

Ooooh, interesting new development... as soon as I sent my last reply a few minutes ago, we just checked the USCIS website and our status has JUST changed! We've gone from "My Welcome Notice Was Mailed" to "My New Card Is Being Produced". Any reason to get excited yet? Should we hang tight a little while now, or go ahead and still do the service request?

Thanks all!

Rob and Adrian

My updates happened in a different order. Got the "welcome notice" update after the "card is in production" update. Waited 3 weeks after the "card is in production email" before card was mailed. Look at others signatures to get an idea of a time frame. I would say wait a little bit with the service request, I know it is tough because you are anxious to get your card. Still make the infopass so that you have that scheduled (in case time slots fill up - not sure how busy your local office is), and just cancel it when you get your card.

Naturalization:

ROC:

AOS from F1 visa:

Timeline

Thanks all!

Rob and Adrian

I say still do the SR, still do the infopass! You've been waiting too damn long -- be a squeaky wheel.

Most people have 3 status updates: 1st "My card is being produced" right after approval; 2nd "welcome notice was mailed" a short time after; then 3rd "my new card has been mailed" which means it should arrive within a week (or even a couple days). So the most meaningful update you're waiting for is "my card has been mailed."

For me it was:

7/14/15 - Status update: My card is being produced

7/15/15 - Status update: Welcome notice was mailed

7/29/15 - received welcome notice

8/12/15 - infopass

8/14/15 - Status update: My card was mailed

8/19/15 - received card

USAMEXflag-small.png

Timeline

So it's been a few days since our online status changed to "My New Card Is Being Produced"; We decided to check if there has been any new status update. Well, there has been one, but not for the better... our status has gone back to "My Welcome Notice Has Been Mailed" but the dates are now later. They now say the notice is on Aug 28, 2015 (instead of our previous July 23, 2015) and that we should NOW receive our green card by October 27 (instead of Sept 21). Needless to say we are both in a state of disbelief...

So, no more patiently waiting - we've called 800-375-5283, asked for the "next level up" and put in our service request and got our service request reference number. They said we should expect to hear back within 2 weeks. We will do the infopass if they cannot produce concrete results (i.e. green card mailed status, or GC in hand) during these next two weeks.

We'll keep you all posted, thank you for the guidance.

Rob and Adrian

Timeline

So it's been a few days since our online status changed to "My New Card Is Being Produced"; We decided to check if there has been any new status update. Well, there has been one, but not for the better... our status has gone back to "My Welcome Notice Has Been Mailed" but the dates are now later. They now say the notice is on Aug 28, 2015 (instead of our previous July 23, 2015) and that we should NOW receive our green card by October 27 (instead of Sept 21). Needless to say we are both in a state of disbelief...

So, no more patiently waiting - we've called 800-375-5283, asked for the "next level up" and put in our service request and got our service request reference number. They said we should expect to hear back within 2 weeks. We will do the infopass if they cannot produce concrete results (i.e. green card mailed status, or GC in hand) during these next two weeks.

We'll keep you all posted, thank you for the guidance.

Rob and Adrian

Thanks for the update!

That's really weird, and I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble :( There's no harm in doing an infopass earlier, but it's up to you. I really hope you guys get it soon -- hang in there!!! Try to put it out of your mind while you wait for SR response.

USAMEXflag-small.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.