Russ&Caro

SSN problems, not sure if POE was recorded

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I checked the CPB website that many SSN threads have sited for my wife's POE information:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

There is no record of my wife's entry within this database. In other words, no electronic I-94 recorded.

Within the FAQ on I-94's the following is stated:

CBP maintains arrival records in the Nonimmigrant Information System (NIIS).

So my question is, since my wife has entered on an immigrant visa, CR-1, is the recording of her POE within some other database?

This might be causing us problems obtaining an SSN # because her entry was not recorded in the SAVE database and now we have to go through the dreaded verification process which the local SSA office is saying could take 4 weeks.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh my goodness! This process is horrible for everyone, but for you guys... You deserve a full doctoral degree, some diamonds, and a miniature unicorn when it is all finally over.

What was supposed to happen? Did they not record her POE entrance, or what happened?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You may want to go to a CBP Deferred Inspection Station with all of your travel documentation, itinerary, e-ticket, passport, etc., explain your situation and see if they can straighten out the I-94 mess.

http://www.cbp.gov/contact/deferred-inspection/overview-deferred-inspection

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

coupla points to ponder:

1. K-1 and K-3 visa holders receive I-94s. Not yer lass, and certainly not for her visa type.

2. SAVE database records usually are updated within 3 weeks past the poe date. So, if'n you two went in prior to 3 weeks past yer poe date of 2015-07-13, then you went too soon.

3. if'n you two went in 3 weeks AFTER 2015-07-13 or later, then her entry in SAVE database should exist.

for now, since 3 weeks past the poe date of 2015-07-13 is aug 3, i say go back on Monday, re-apply, ask specifically for a SAVE database lookup.

Then, if'n a SSA clerk cannot find her in SAVE - you can (pick 1)

1. wait a week, go back, try again, or

2. get into a CBP deferred inspection office, talk with the shift supervisor, ask to go over the entry record and subsequent SAVE database entry record.

--a. wait a week to 10 days to get into SSA office again, as SAVE database update records are batched, nothing in real time.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

coupla points to ponder:

1. K-1 and K-3 visa holders receive I-94s. Not yer lass, and certainly not for her visa type.

2. SAVE database records usually are updated within 3 weeks past the poe date. So, if'n you two went in prior to 3 weeks past yer poe date of 2015-07-13, then you went too soon.

3. if'n you two went in 3 weeks AFTER 2015-07-13 or later, then her entry in SAVE database should exist.

for now, since 3 weeks past the poe date of 2015-07-13 is aug 3, i say go back on Monday, re-apply, ask specifically for a SAVE database lookup.

Then, if'n a SSA clerk cannot find her in SAVE - you can (pick 1)

1. wait a week, go back, try again, or

2. get into a CBP deferred inspection office, talk with the shift supervisor, ask to go over the entry record and subsequent SAVE database entry record.

--a. wait a week to 10 days to get into SSA office again, as SAVE database update records are batched, nothing in real time.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Thanks, Darnell. I was hoping you would weigh in. This looks like a good course of action. One thing my wife hasn't done yet is request a supervisor to confirm what the agents are telling her, esp. in regards to the SAVE db lookup. We'll give it a go on Monday and then see about the CBP after that.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i am weighing towards the opinion:

You two went in too early, she not exist in the SAVE database yet.

It happens, folk of her visa type get confused about whats what. IMO/E - it's 2 weeks min, 3 weeks certainly, after POE date [disclaimer: k-1 visa holders have instant SAVE db entries, automation made linkage with I-94s and SAVE db]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Oh my goodness! This process is horrible for everyone, but for you guys... You deserve a full doctoral degree, some diamonds, and a miniature unicorn when it is all finally over.

What was supposed to happen? Did they not record her POE entrance, or what happened?

Thanks, but we're fine, djbenitez. We've had some hurdles to cross but nothing compared to the misery some of the applicants go through. Halfway thru the process we read the stats here that said Colombian applicants, on average, take 365 days to complete from NOA1 to visa in hand. In the end, it took us 395 days, so not too bad. She's here with me now so this is a blip compared to what's gone on before.

Timeline

I've come to appreciate that there are many permutations to the many, many processes that we go through in immigration. In this case, we seem to have run into a less common permutation.

The SSA did push through the SS-5 app that we filled out 2 weeks ago, but since there was no entry in the SAVE database, the verification check needed to happen. Apparently, the verification process does eventually work and the entry, at some point, is established within the SAVE database. Upon verification, SSA sent us a letter informing us that the application was being processed and from that point, we could expect a SSN card in the mail within 2 more weeks. We got this letter in the mail on Tuesday and returned to the local SSA office on Thursday and they were able to print out letter with my wife's new SSN. Whew! Done.

So the moral or lesson of the story is similar to almost all these stories... you have to be patient while the process works itself out. But I would add that bugging the bureaucrats does seem to speed the process along.

Mods can close this thread now, if they like.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.