AnnoyedAtTSC

Confusing email from state.gov (K1 visa)

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,
i'm hoping i don't have anything to do but i thought i'd check as i just received a slightly confusing email.

Basically i'm at the stage where i'm waiting for my interview date (so awaiting packet 4, i think) and i just got an email this morning from DO-NOT-REPLY@state.gov reading as follows (some info redacted):

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for being a valued U.S. Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) customer. Your electronic Visa application has been submitted.

Name Provided: XXX, XXX
Country/Region of Origin (Nationality): GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Passport Number: XXX
Completed On: XX JULY 2015 XX:XX:XX EST

Confirmation #: AAXXXXXXXXX

YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE IS ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL IN A PDF FILE!

You must follow the instructions on the confirmation page in order for the U.S. Department of State to continue processing your visa application.

How to print your Confirmation Page:
1. DOUBLE CLICK on the attached file.
2. From within Adobe Reader, go to FILE and select PRINT

Please double check to see that you indeed have Adobe Acrobat installed on your system. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free at:http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

***Important: Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not set up to receive email.

The file attached is basically the confirmation page from when i submitted the DS-160 form. The text of this document says....

Note: Electronically submitting your DS-160 online application is the FIRST STEP in the visa application process. The next step is to review the internet page of the embassy or consulate where you plan to apply for your visa. Most visa applicants will need to schedule a visa interview, though some applicants may qualify for visa renewal. The embassy or consulate information may include specific local instructions about scheduling interviews, submitting your visa application, and other frequently asked questions. YOU MUST BRING the confirmation page and the following document(s) with you at all steps during the application process: Passport; Evidence of approved I-129F You may also provide any additional documents you feel will support your case.

Instructions

YOU MUST SUBMIT the confirmation page with a clear and legible barcode at the time of your interview. If you do not have access to a printer at this time, select the option to email your confirmation page to an email address. You may print or email your application for your own records. YOU DO NOT need to submit the application at the time of the interview. Please note that you will be required to provide proof that you have paid the visa application fee and any other fees associated with your application. There may be other fees associated with the visa application process. Please check your country's Reciprocity Schedule for any other fees you may owe. If you have further questions, or to find out how to contact the Consular Post, please go to http://london.usembassy.gov/or http://travel.state.gov . NOTE: Unless exempt from an interview, you will be required to sign your application by providing a biometric signature, i.e. your fingerprint before a consular officer. By providing this biometric signature you are certifying under penalty of perjury that you have read and understood the questions in your nonimmigrant visa application and that all statements that appear in your nonimmigrant visa application have been made by you and are true and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief. Furthermore at the time of your interview, you will be required to certify under penalty of perjury that all statements in your application and those made during your interview are true and compete to the best of your knowledge and belief. You electronically signed your application on 7/17/2015 12:58:28 PM (GMT-05:00). You were required to electronically sign your application yourself, unless otherwise exempt by regulation, even if the application was prepared by someone other than yourself. Your electronic signature certifies that you have read and understood the questions in this application and that your answers are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. The submission of an application containing any false or misleading statements may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or the denial of entry into the United States. All declarations made in this application are unsworn declarations made under penalty of perjury. (28 U.S.C. 1746). The information that you have provided in your application and other information submitted with your application may be accessible to other government agencies having statutory or other lawful authority to use such information, including for law enforcement and immigration law enforcement purposes. The photograph that you provide with your application may be used for employment verification or other U.S. law purposes.

So i'm a little confused as to what i need to do now, my guess is nothing and just wait for the interview letter? I have all the documents ready to go.

This part of the email is what worries me though:
"You must follow the instructions on the confirmation page in order for the U.S. Department of State to continue processing your visa application."

That to me suggests i need to do something for things to continue.

Anyone reassure me please?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all,

i'm hoping i don't have anything to do but i thought i'd check as i just received a slightly confusing email.

Basically i'm at the stage where i'm waiting for my interview date (so awaiting packet 4, i think) and i just got an email this morning from DO-NOT-REPLY@state.gov reading as follows (some info redacted):

The file attached is basically the confirmation page from when i submitted the DS-160 form. The text of this document says....

So i'm a little confused as to what i need to do now, my guess is nothing and just wait for the interview letter? I have all the documents ready to go.

This part of the email is what worries me though:

"You must follow the instructions on the confirmation page in order for the U.S. Department of State to continue processing your visa application."

That to me suggests i need to do something for things to continue.

Anyone reassure me please?

Thanks

Don't pay much attention on it. It is just the confirmation do ds160 form that you can print it out again if you lose. I got the same email a week after my interview))) lol they are very ,,fast,, as usual))

I-129F Sent : 2015-01-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-02-04

I-129F RFE(s) : no RFES

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-06-09

NOA2 hard copy: 2015-06-13

Sent to NVC: 2015-06-17

New case number assigned : 2015-06-29

NVC Left : 2015-07-07

Consulate Received : 2015-07-10

Medical: 2015-07-14

Interview Date : 2015-07-20 Approved!!!

Visa in hand: 2015-07-23

Entry to the USA (Orlando, FL): 2015-08-25

Marriage: 2015-09-25

AOS sent: 2015-10-20

NOA1: 2015-10-31

Fingerprints: 2015-11-30

RFE: 2015-12-15

Green card in hands: 2016-03-04

Just FYI, even though they say to bring the confirmation page, they were very emphatic with my fiancé that they neither wanted it or even remotely wanted to see it. Still bring it, just in case.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Seeing as i have a thread already.....

How long are people generally waiting for their interview letter in the UK? The timelines are a little confusing. Some seem to claim that packet 4 comes a matter of days after packet 3. Unless i'm confused about what each packet is of course.

Mine looks like:
14th July - Embassy received

17th July - Received instructions from Embassy (packet 3?). Filled in DS-160 and "readiness" form online

24th July - Had medical

Already been more than 2 weeks since i completed packet 3.

Am i just confused?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.