Rajiv478

Mumbai counsulate cr1 interview date

208 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did any one's case go to administrative process and if it did what documents did they ask for and how long do they usually take to finish the administrative process please let me know. Thank You,

What documents they asked you?

Timeline

Oh thats great SiVin

How you pay for green card after interview?

Is it paid at mumbai consulate?

Did they inform you when you can collect visa from document delivery location?

Did you get any package from NVC before your interview?

How you pay for green card after interview? - They have given a form to do it, We can do it online. I will be doing it before I travel.

Is it paid at mumbai consulate? - No, they only give a paper with detail, and asked to pay before we leave.

Did they inform you when you can collect visa from document delivery location? - My Interview was on Monday morning 8.30, I came back to Chennai Wednesday early morning 1.00 AM by 11.00 AM got a message to pick up. I picked up the passport in Chennai by 2.00 PM Wednesday

Did you get any package from NVC before your interview? - No, NVC sent only the Interview letter. NVC will send the documents to Consulate, after the Interview once it is Approved then with the passport they will give the same package to us. We need to carry it with us and hand it over to Immigration officer in POE. This package contains everything we sent from Petition to Interview. Also they will return back the Additional Documents which they dont require from us.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Timeline

Did we get interview letter by post from NVC. I didn't get it yet. They only send it through E-mail. My interview is on 16/oct.

All of us got only by EMAIL. So proceed with it.

USCIS
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Timeline

Do we need to carry marriage photo album?

Or

Shall I carry some 40 to 50 photo prints in an envelope?

It all depends, for few they didnt ask any extra documents. I carried my whole album and they didn't ask for it. Not even one single document. If you can carry your album its better to take it. If its too big, then take the photos. Photos which indicate all the rituals u performed during marriage. Not just snaps. Sometimes they used to validate the photos to confirm our marriage happened as per tradition. Such as Mangalsutra wearing pic.

USCIS
NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Timeline

Ok I will share my expirence

My interview time is done on this 16th so I take appoinment for biometric on oct 15th. My flught arrived at 10:30 am on 15th bombay and check in hotel then go to Visa application center. My appoinment is at 2:30 but they let me in by 2 pm. Bags, electronic devices are not allowed in there. They asked VAC appoinment confirmation copy, interview letter, DS form, passport. They order it and gave me the documents. Next counter they stick a sticker with date and visa category on back of my passport. Next they allow me to one counter for biometric, she asked my name, asked to place left hand fingers, right hand fingers, two thumb fingers. Then stamped my DS form with date. After these simple procedure I leave from there.

Next day I reached at consulste by 7 am but my appoinment 8:30 am. There is a long queue infront of consulate. But thats for non-immigrants. Just ask any officer outside the consulate. They will show you where to wait or let you in. They let me in at that time. They will let small bags but no electronic or other harmful equipment in to the consulate. They will direct you to where the interview going. Then they asked me to take DS stamped form, birth certificate original and 1 copy, marriage certificate original and 1 copy, 2 visa type photos (2" * 2"), medical report. Then they give a tocken number, after our tocken number display on screen with counter number. Then I go to the counter number that show. They asked simple questions

"Who is calling you?

When is your wedding?

Is it your and your husband first wedding, right?

When he back to US after marriage?"

Then she return above mentioned documents with a paper of information about legal rights and domestic violence except birth certificate and marriage certificate.

She told me you will again called just watch monitor. After some time my number displayed on moniter with another counter number. There a foriegner smiled to me and asked me to raise right hand and said

"that you will answer for ever questions truthfully say yes or no?"

Then he began interview.

"Who is calling you?

What is he doing in US?

How he go to US?

Is it your arraged marriage or love marriage?

How the proposal of your arranged marriage came?

Is he call or text you?

Is it daily or weekly or monthly?

Where did you go for honey moon?"

And he asked a copy of my husband naturalization certificate.

Then he said my visa is approved it will get at document delivery location with in 3-5 business days.

He then gave:

a paper of information about how I can pay amount for green card

A paper of saying my visa is approved

A paper of information about how I can change my category CR1 to IR1

Then he said I can leave consulate now

Then I leave consulate

And go back to home

After interview, Nvc case status become 'administrative process'

Normally they will send your visa stamped passport on 3 pm of next business day after interview date

Today after 3 pm my NVC status shown 'issued'

Now I am waiting for my visa

After that only I can pay for green card

The reciept also I need for POE at US airport.

Timeline

Sorry they return my birth certificate and marriage certificate original but not stamped DS form, passport, medical report, photos and PCC

And also I leave consulate at 10:30 am so it only takes few hours in consulate

Timeline

Hi,

I've recieved message for passport pickup on 20/oct 3:30 pm . So its too late and I will not reach document delivery location at 4 pm , its closing time. So I decided to get it from next day. But unfortunatly our office was holiday 21/oct. And now I got my visa in hand and packet from consulate 22/oct. And my husband paid fees online from US itself and got reciept at that time. Booked tickets. I am going to US tommorrow itself????

So happy!!!!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.