Rajiv478

Mumbai counsulate cr1 interview date

208 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys.. On CEAC, the current processing site says Mumbai. Overnight it changed from NVC to Mumbai. Doesnt it follow NVC - Transit - Ready pattern?

So maybe it is being processed at Mumbai and later will change to Ready or its all good? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Timeline

Guys.. On CEAC, the current processing site says Mumbai. Overnight it changed from NVC to Mumbai. Doesnt it follow NVC - Transit - Ready pattern?

So maybe it is being processed at Mumbai and later will change to Ready or its all good? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

For my case it's showing READY

Timeline

When you send an email do you say the earliest date or do they call us after the email to finalize the date.

I did not get my interview yet. But gaining the knowledge from this thread. My case completed yesterday at NVC.

At begining we don't have a choice, they will only allot us a date, you will get an email with appointment date. If in case we have a problem with that date then we can request them to prepone or postpone, and they will do.

Timeline

Does any of you know about the pre-clearance of POE in Abu Dhabi International Airport. I have read in one forum that we need to book the connecting flight based on that, as the pre clearance will take time. Also it seems mandatory. Do let me know if anyone knows about it. I was thinking abt taking Etihad.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Timeline

Does any of you know about the pre-clearance of POE in Abu Dhabi International Airport. I have read in one forum that we need to book the connecting flight based on that, as the pre clearance will take time. Also it seems mandatory. Do let me know if anyone knows about it. I was thinking abt taking Etihad.

Pre-clearance means you have to go thru US Immigration and Customs at Abu Dhabi airport. Normally it happens on US soil where you landed. But this is one special airport where US kept their office for Immigration and Customs. When it's done there when you land in US you won't have immigration in US.

Always better to have more transit time. Because if the flight from india to Abu Dhabi delays then you have to sit in Abu Dhabi. For example if there is a 3hr gap. If the flight from India delays by two hours then they might not allow to take the plain as only one hour left which might not be sufficient to complete the immigration and custom. Better keep 5 hrs gap in Abu Dhabi to be safe.

Timeline

All, Who went for Interview today, so how it went? What they asked? Please share your experience.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Timeline

All, Who went for Interview today, so how it went? What they asked? Please share your experience.

VISA APPROVED!!! My wife had an interview at Mumbai Consulate today at 8:30am. Below mentioned is her experience with some extra perks:

I got her a stay at the Kohinoor elite hotel (3 star) which is within 3 kms from biometrics and embassy. Good hotel to stay with complimentary airport transfer and all meals (buffet and even evening snacks) inclusive. Booked from Yatra.com and luckily they had 30% off offer going on that day. Would recommend this hotel - it suited my budget.

Reached at 7:30am to find a long queue.. people standing before have interview time at 9 and even 10am. A police officer came and asked the interview time and helped to move forward in the line.

1st counter - took stamped DS260 and checked interview letter. I believe they pasted the token number on the interview letter.

While waiting for the token, a person helped her to manage her documents.

2nd counter - An indian lady, asked if traveled other to US or other countries. Brought the file sent from NVC. Gave the domestic violence pamphlet to read. I am not sure if they asked for the originals here or at the interview (Sorry for being incomplete)

Waited for the real interview to start while going through the pamphlet.

3rd and final counter - An English gentleman went through her documents and asked the following questions:

1. spouse job title and description - description was asked because from the title he couldnt understand the work details

2. How and When we met.

3. Marriage date and when did the spouse went back to US

4. spouse address in US

5. Marriage and ongoing relation proof - photo album

6. Who all came to the wedding from US

7. Finally, with who does the spouse stay... straight forward and simple questions in all

Gave the visa is approved paper with the details for the fees to apply for the green card...

This is something my wife heard at the embassy, if u dont have an original PCC, one can show that when collecting the visa stamped passport - not sure how reliable this info is.

Feeling relief.. I was more tensed that my wife.. couldnt sleep for 2 nights straight.. PARTY TIME!!!

Hopefully my description above, gave u some idea... Please let me know if you have any questions!!! Congrats to all who got their visa approved and Good luck for the interviewees in future!!!

No words be enough to show my heart felt appreciation to VJ, dwheels and the members here. You all do a remarkable work like everyone should - help each other. Thank you all !!!

Timeline

Hi sherin001,

Did your wife go to VFS office before interview?

She did it before the interview.

My wife was asked to provide her fingerprints at the interview after she took the oath. So I think they also verify that its the real you even though the photo's are submitted.

Timeline

NVC informed over phone today that my interview is on 2nd November in Mumbai. Not received the email yet.

Can someone please answer the following doubts.

1. Can we attend the fingerprinting, medical and interview with the email printout.

2. Do we get a hard copy of the interview letter in the mail.

The NVC person told that they will not send any mail only email. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Timeline

NVC informed over phone today that my interview is on 2nd November in Mumbai. Not received the email yet.

Can someone please answer the following doubts.

1. Can we attend the fingerprinting, medical and interview with the email printout.

2. Do we get a hard copy of the interview letter in the mail.

The NVC person told that they will not send any mail only email. Is that correct?

Thanks

First of all, Congrats for the interview date...

My wife attended her medical with the email print out. We did receive the email after 4 business day, I believe. I also received the interview letter via mail and I was able to send it to her before her fingerprint and interview. If I am not wrong, at fingerprint they checked DS 260 confirmation page and passport.

I dont know if it matters with the email printout or the letter from mail for the interview.

Hope it helps a bit until u get a better reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.