Shauna&Wael

Is this the moment we've been waiting for?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Due to the advice of another VJer on here (you know who you are :) ) , I called the embassy in Tunis last night to inquire about our case. The interview was July 16th and it was unclear about the status. CEAC hadn't changed since the interview.

As instructed, I asked the operator to connect me with whomever is in charge of IR-1 visas. The operator was surprisingly friendly (there's a reason I called on a Friday) and the extension picked up.

A man answered and asked me for the basics about the case, I could hear him typing. He brought up my case on the computer, perused it, and then told me it should be ready for pick-up next week.

I said "Does that mean it's approved?"

He said " YES it's approved "

I asked if it had the final background check in the U.S. yet , he said no. However, he said it would be sent out tomorrow for that purpose.

A couple minutes after the phone call, I checked CEAC and the status updated date changed to TODAY.

Can I trust what this man told me? Is it really true??????? :clock:

Thank you for any responses.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Was it an American to whom you spoke? If so, it was probably at least a vice-consul. If he was a foreigner fluent in English, it was probably a Foreign Service National (locals who have been hired to help the U.S. personnel).

Unless there's a hang-up on the background check, this sounds like fantastic news.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Was it an American to whom you spoke? If so, it was probably at least a vice-consul. If he was a foreigner fluent in English, it was probably a Foreign Service National (locals who have been hired to help the U.S. personnel).

Unless there's a hang-up on the background check, this sounds like fantastic news.

it was a foreigner fluent in English, and he seemed very confident in the way he told me :) there shouldn't be any hangups unless something changed between the first background check right? is this one more advanced?

Congratulations! If it's ready for pick-up, it's approved! :)

he said sometime next week, presumably Wednesday :) thank you so very much... i just needed to know this person wasn't talking out of his *** lol. but i think the CEAC thing proves it right? that can't be a magical coincidence

Baby what we have"

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Ohhh, I hope that is the case for you!! I've been lurking a bit the last few days and familiarized myself with your story @shauna&wael - my fiance just paid at the post office and i was looking for information as to which number on the new poste tunisienne form is the CGI # that I have to enter???

Ohhh, I hope that is the case for you!! I've been lurking a bit the last few days and familiarized myself with your story @shauna&wael - my fiance just paid at the post office and i was looking for information as to which number on the new poste tunisienne form is the CGI # that I have to enter???

April 20, 2015 I-129F filed

April 21, 2015 I-129F received

April 24, 2015 NOA1

June 04, 2015 NOA2

July 20, 2015 NVC received

Aug 06, 2015 Case number Assigned

Aug 11, 2015 NVC sent to Post

Aug 24, 2015 Consulate received

Oct 01, 2015 Consulate processed

Oct 06, 2015 Medical Examination

Oct 08, 2015 Visa Interview

Oct 09, 2015 Visa :star: APPROVED :star:

---

Oct 16, 2015 Visa Available for Pick Up

Oct 29, 2015 POE, Los Angeles

Nov 06, 2015 (L) MARRIED (L)

Nov 30, 2015 I-485 filed

Dec ??, 2015 NOA I-485

Timeline

Hehe :)

I literally have no clue what you're talking about!! Lol can you give more details? CGI #? Post office? What? Lol

Baby what we have"

Timeline

Hehe :)

I literally have no clue what you're talking about!! Lol can you give more details? CGI #? Post office? What? Lol

The visa application fee is paid through the post office in Tunisia - applicants pay cash, post wires the funds to the embassy.

The CGI # is one of many numbers on the receipt the post office gives you after you have paid. You're supposed to then use THAT number, log back in to the website to schedule your visa appointment.

Did your fiance do all of this? Or were you able to just call the number listed and get the appointment that way?

It's been nearly 5 months since I have been able to hold my fiance, and a little over 4 months since I first filed anything - I'm just SO ready for it all to be over. We had lived together in Tunisia for over two years before we started this process....

April 24, 2015 NOA1

June 04, 2015 NOA2

---

Nov 30, 2015 I-485 filed

Dec ??, 2015 NOA I-485

Timeline

The visa application fee is paid through the post office in Tunisia - applicants pay cash, post wires the funds to the embassy.

The CGI # is one of many numbers on the receipt the post office gives you after you have paid. You're supposed to then use THAT number, log back in to the website to schedule your visa appointment.

Did your fiance do all of this? Or were you able to just call the number listed and get the appointment that way?

It's been nearly 5 months since I have been able to hold my fiance, and a little over 4 months since I first filed anything - I'm just SO ready for it all to be over. We had lived together in Tunisia for over two years before we started this process....

You're doing a K-1 visa. I did the CR-1/IR-1 route. It's totally different in that aspect. The national visa center scheduled our interview. Is the interview what you're talking about when you say visa appointment? You will need to make your own topic about this because I didn't have to do any of it. Sorry :(

By the way, I completely know how you feel. I have only been with my husband a total of 3 MONTHS and we have been together since 2011. I would make Tunisia my home if it was up to me. But I didn't have the money to stay there an extended amount of time, nor do I speak Arabic well enough to get a job there. I don't even have my carte de sejour yet. I know how much it hurts to be so far away from the only person you want to be close to. My plane rides home have been some of the most depressing moments of my life. You literally feel yourself being pulled away, like a cord is between you. It hurts so much. Don't worry, it will get better :cry:

Edited by Shauna&Wael

Baby what we have"

Timeline

GAAAHHHH!!!! It should be something of a humanitarian offence to keep us from our loved ones :protest:

Thanks for your empathy and for the tip. I'll start a thread and see where it goes. My situation can't be THAT unique??? <_<

April 24, 2015 NOA1

June 04, 2015 NOA2

---

Nov 30, 2015 I-485 filed

Dec ??, 2015 NOA I-485

Timeline

No worries.

And no, your situation is not unique. But the K-1 process is quite different from the CR-1/IR-1 process in many regards. They are two different categories of visas but with the same end result.

Baby what we have"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.