switzer

I-130, petitioning my mother from philippines

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

hi everyone, i'm a u.s. citizen now and petitioning my mom from the philippines. I submitted online my DS-260 last May 21st, 2015 and submitted all the necessary documents (AOS and supporting documents)... i've been waiting for sooooo long for my mother's schedule of interview. I was expecting right now to receive her interview schedule but i got an email w/c say's:

30-JUL-15

Dear sir/madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of you case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Case Number: ______________

Beneficiary's Name: __________

Preference Category: IR5

Priority Date: 01-OCT-14

Now my question is, how long or how many weeks will I wait more for the interview schedule, if anyone has any idea of approximate waiting time please let me know. And by the way, I called the NVC and talked to an agent and she said, she also doesn't know how long will I wait. :clock: Thank You and God Bless Us All ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't know if it's the same priority, but funnily enough I was told during my K1 interview in Sydney that the wait for Filipino siblings (I know you petitioned your parent) was up to 24 years??

There may be some timelines you can search here, however, to get a good indication.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

yup, i know that if it's sibling petition from philippines to u.s. will run for some about 30yrs of wait.. but if it's parents the most is 1yr especially if the petitioner son or daughter is already a US citizen, for some it will only take 6months and the most is 1yr. But if the parents (mom or dad) petition her or his son or daughter more than the desired age (like 18 y.o and above) it will also take 25 to 30 yrs of wait..but if the children is of minor age it will only take months or the most is a year same as mine.

Wait for the letter from NVC or embassy for further instructions about interview. My moms case was expedite so i schedule her interview at the embassy by calling them and NVC sent her papers the day I schedule her interview. Normally takes 1-2 months for scheduling because they have to make sure they have available slots.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

waiting from case complete now? Need a projection based on current data?

have you studied Saylin's spreadsheet or dWheels 's spreadsheet? Yes? No? If No, why no?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

@Darnell: hi thanx for your reply, and i googled those spreadsheets your talking about and what's with it? why do i have to study those spreadsheets? can it help to my simple question? or it's gonna make my question more complicated with that spreadsheet?

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanx josie1829, i send you a message... can i also make a schedule interview for my mom by calling philippine embassy?

i dont think you can do that. unless you cant to change date and time. you just have to wait for the letter from NVC.

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

July 31 --- USCIS received

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Oct 16 PAID status for AOS Nov 1 IV Fee invoice and Pay

Nov 3 AOS and IV Package Sent

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Feb 5 - Interview @ 615 am (cancelled due to sputum test)

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

April 17 interview @ US Embassy - PASSED

June 30 TOUCHDOWN NY WITH ME AND MY KIDS....

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.