Vladsayame

Singapore COC pls help

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone.. I have a friend who received a 221g asking for SG COC and i wanna help her so just wanna ask anyone out there who had experience in requesting COC in Singapore, so my question is 1. Is it ok if a friend residing in Singapore can request for it provided that all the needed docs were send to her.

2. If yes, how she will know if the COC is completed so she can get it and send it back to my friend in Philippines.

I'm clueless of how this work, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I don't have personal experience doing this but have been researching it because my fiancé will have to do the exact same thing.

From what I understand, your friend can get their fingerprints done at a local police station and send those along with the forms and payment to a friend in SG. The friend can then take the forms to the police in SG and request they pick up the COC when complete.

Here's a link with some pretty good info

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422890-need-help-obtaining-the-singaporean-police-certificate/

Hi everyone.. I have a friend who received a 221g asking for SG COC and i wanna help her so just wanna ask anyone out there who had experience in requesting COC in Singapore, so my question is 1. Is it ok if a friend residing in Singapore can request for it provided that all the needed docs were send to her.

2. If yes, how she will know if the COC is completed so she can get it and send it back to my friend in Philippines.

I'm clueless of how this work, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Police, Court, Prison Records

Certificate of Clearance

Available. The police records for Singapore may be considered complete from their origins to the present, except for the "occupation" period during World War II..

For all applicants, a form letter from the requesting/processing office (NVC, KCC, Embassy, employer etc.) is required to obtain a Certificate of Clearance (COC). Such letter should specify the need for the clearance and state explicitly that "a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that he/she does not have criminal convictions". The COC will be sent directly to the requesting/processing office..

Applicants residing in Singapore are to appear in person at the COC Office located at Blk D Police Cantonment Complex, #02-07/08, 391 New Bridge Road , Singapore 088762. The office is open from 8.30am to 12.00pm , Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)..

Applicants residing overseas should submit their applications (original) addressed to: Head Criminal Records, CID ( COC ), Blk D Police Cantonment Complex, #02-07/08, 391 New Bridge Road , Singapore 088762..

Processing time for each application is about 10 working days..

Processing fee is S$55.00 per application. Payment can be made by cash, NETS , cash card, or credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD) for walk-in application. Application sent by post (from overseas) must be accompanied by a bank draft made payable to ‘Head Criminal Records CID ’ through a Singapore-based bank. In addition to the processing fee, a postage fee of S$5.00 must be included in the payment (total S$50.00) if the COC is to be mailed. Payment is non- refundable once the application is accepted..

All applicants must complete the Certificate of Clearance application form in full and submit it with the necessary supporting documents:.

A set of applicant’s fingerprint impressions (ten prints). Applicants applying in person will be fingerprinted at the COC office at the time of application. For application by post from overseas, the applicant must submit a set of his/her fingerprint impressions taken by a qualified Fingerprint Officer at a Police Station or an authorized office of the country he/she is now residing.

A photocopy of applicant’s valid passport (showing biodata page).

Two recent passport-sized photographs. Instant photo machine is available outside COC Office for applicants who appear in person (cost: S$7, approx. USD5.50, for 4 passport size photos).

Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies or other requestor to establish that the certificate is required by such authority and that a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that s/he has no criminal convictions. All documents are to be translated into English if written in other languages.

NOTE: Non-Singapore citizens requesting a Certificate of Clearance must also submit a copy of this letter after adding the names of the principal and dependent applicants as indicated, along with the checklist letter from NVC..

Please refer to http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htmfor further information and updates on Certificate of Clearance from Singapore. .

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.