dunkelheit

Do I still need to register my appointment even though I've already received an interview date?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I have already received my packet 4 and interview letter, and my case status is shown as READY on NVC's website. According to packet 4 I need to register my appointment online, however it keeps throwing me an error that says the following:

"The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at http://travel.state....igrate/nvc.html."

I've double checked all my numbers and they were correctly entered.

Has anyone encountered this error before??

Do I need to register my appointment even if I already have an interview date? What's the point of this registration??

We contacted NVC but they directed us to call the embassy instead. However, it's my understanding that the embassy only answers to urgent inquiries.

TIA.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to register with Loomis, that is the courier service that will bring your passport back after your interview. After you are done registering you need to print the confirmation letter and take it with you to the interview. www.ustraveldocs.com

Timeline

You need to register with Loomis, that is the courier service that will bring your passport back after your interview. After you are done registering you need to print the confirmation letter and take it with you to the interview. www.ustraveldocs.com

What about the online appointment registration? Per packet 4 it says:

STEP1: REGISTER FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE

Please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv_services

and follow instructions to register your NVC/KCC appointment online.

That's different than the courier service isn't it?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

What about the online appointment registration? Per packet 4 it says:

STEP1: REGISTER FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE

Please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv_services

and follow instructions to register your NVC/KCC appointment online.

That's different than the courier service isn't it?

after u click on that link, select I have receive a consular interview appointment date, then it will ask for name, email and password which you have to create..then follow the other steps...if ur still having problems then msg me and I will walk you through it.

Timeline

after u click on that link, select I have receive a consular interview appointment date, then it will ask for name, email and password which you have to create..then follow the other steps...if ur still having problems then msg me and I will walk you through it.

thank you, messaged.

Timeline

UPDATE: the warning i'm getting is:

"The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-260 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents."

And i double checked all my numbers

Edited by dunkelheit

Timeline

Mine said the same thing for about two weeks. I think it said "in transit" before it allowed me to put the interview in.. I got my CC on July 7th and a couple of days later got the interview date. I was just able to confirm the interview date and get that loomis confirmation today. So it was at least two weeks. I hope that helps.

Timeline

I just double checked it was also saying "ready" and it did that for a few days before it allowed me to put the interview confirmation in. Depending on how soon your interview date is maybe wait a couple more days? I also saw that they had a link when my request was denied to put the interview date in that you could scan your interview letter and tell them what was happening. Maybe do this in a day or so if you have time before the interview. Once you are able to get through it is a nice easy process for choosing the Loomis office that you want your passport to be returned to. For what its worth, I too was confused about the Loomis process....it sounded as if you had to call Loomis to set this up and I could not find anything or anyone to tell me otherwise. Once the site allows you in its really step by step.

Timeline

I just double checked it was also saying "ready" and it did that for a few days before it allowed me to put the interview confirmation in. Depending on how soon your interview date is maybe wait a couple more days? I also saw that they had a link when my request was denied to put the interview date in that you could scan your interview letter and tell them what was happening. Maybe do this in a day or so if you have time before the interview. Once you are able to get through it is a nice easy process for choosing the Loomis office that you want your passport to be returned to. For what its worth, I too was confused about the Loomis process....it sounded as if you had to call Loomis to set this up and I could not find anything or anyone to tell me otherwise. Once the site allows you in its really step by step.

thank you! that's super helpful. Yup I guess I just needed to be more patient.

As long as this is done before the interview you have lots of time. You don't need to have it done for the medical even.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

My interview is on Sept 10 2015 and I have same problem. Registering on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv_services.

Similar error message. Looks like I have to wait. Is there any other problem?

Timeline

My interview is on Sept 10 2015 and I have same problem. Registering on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv_services.

Similar error message. Looks like I have to wait. Is there any other problem?

You just have to be patient. The error message we got cleared away a couple of days later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My case is also in Ready state for few days, and I still receive this error.

I am hoping my passport and visa returned on interview date since I have to return to work in US. I am assuming if this part is mostly for courier service, this part might not matter much anyways for me..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.