Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all- This is the first time I have posted, although I have read quite a bit on the various forums.

I met my girlfriend in late 2012, at the time I was separated (married 20+ years), and had been told to find "someone who could be nice..." In March of 2013, my then wife asked for a chance to reconcile, so I ended it with my girlfriend, and although hurt, she understood. In May of 2014 we separated again, and finalized the divorce in December 2014. I re-friended my girlfriend on FaceBook after that, but we had minimal communication. Then, in March 2015, my son got married, and my girlfriend congratulated me, and we started talking again. In April I got laid off from a very well paying job, I had a lot of vacation accrued, and got a decent severance, so I went to see my girlfriend. Now I would like to apply for a K-1 visa to bring her from Cameroon to the US.

The complication I face is that I recently signed on for a good job again, but initially I will work in Texas, but my permanent work location after 1-3 months of training will be in California. How should I handle this? I will likely visit California in the next month or two, but it may be even longer before I get a home there. Should I rent a PO box, and use that to start the process? Or maybe even rent a "mailboxes etc." type box, online, and get started now? We have known each other almost three years now, have met in person multiple times, have many photos together in different venues, no criminal records on either of us, and a well above average income, so I don't anticipate any particular problems, but the address changing over the short term (next 90 days) complicates things a bit.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It does not sound like TX will be a permanent address. Will you be changing your driver's license to TX? If not, I would use an address in my state of permanent residence.

Edited by Moustafa/Crystal

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.