Cappedoff

Proof of marriage

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Another question ... sorry :(

Ok so reading about the process, it seems one needs to prove their relationship is legit. I've been married to my husband 12 years, with 3 children. And we've lived together all during that time. We met in Europe while we were both in uni. I have a few tidbits from our past like few letters, photos from our wedding, etc but things that I've read about ticket stubs, chat logs, etc I don't have things like this. I'm wondering ... maybe obvious and rather stupid question but with a marriage this long how much evidence would they ask for? I mean are our wedding pics, pics taken over the years, birth cert of my kids and pics as family enough? Since I don't have much stuff/evidence from when we were dating. And where can I find out how many actual (the number or estimation) evidence we need? I mean is there a minimum amount?Thank you everyone.

::: Timeline for N-600 & CR-1/ IR-1 :::

Note: This is for USC living abroad

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Found each other May 2003

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

• Service Center : Embassy & Chicago Lockbox
  • Consulate : Algiers, Algeria

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Yeah, I think you're right. You've been married for 12 years so I doubt USCIS will suspect that your marriage isn't legit.

I don't think there is a minimum amount to prove your marriage is real. I've had family submit only wedding pictures and have had their case approved.

In addition to the things you've listed, you can provide proof of joint bank accounts, credit cards, utility bills, real estate holdings, and insurance.

Edited by tasakchy

Timeline

Great! Thank you so much Tasakchy for all your help. enjoy your day!

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Another question ... sorry :(

Ok so reading about the process, it seems one needs to prove their relationship is legit. I've been married to my husband 12 years, with 3 children. And we've lived together all during that time. We met in Europe while we were both in uni. I have a few tidbits from our past like few letters, photos from our wedding, etc but things that I've read about ticket stubs, chat logs, etc I don't have things like this. I'm wondering ... maybe obvious and rather stupid question but with a marriage this long how much evidence would they ask for? I mean are our wedding pics, pics taken over the years, birth cert of my kids and pics as family enough? Since I don't have much stuff/evidence from when we were dating. And where can I find out how many actual (the number or estimation) evidence we need? I mean is there a minimum amount?Thank you everyone.

You would file more like a couple Removing Conditions (living together). So showing your life together for the years. Kids Birth certificate, pics on vacation, holidays with family. Bills in both your names, Insurance, Bank accounts both names on it. etc,

All the other stuff for those who don't live together and have to show they even visit and see each other.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I just provided our joint lease documents for our home, 2 utility bills with both names and a couple of bank statements

We've been married for 5 years

My wife went back to the USA a year ago, I didn't send any chat logs, or phone bills in my pack

All went well, I'm pretty sure they aren't that worried if you been married and together that long

My case was complete last week

Edited by DJ6372

Timeline

OK, thank you ... But what if we don't have anything joint in both our names. Our house deed, bills, bank account are all in my husband's name. Will birth certificate of our children be enough?

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Timeline

Ok thanks so much :)

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.