Ceglareks

Need Help with my situation (K-1 Visa)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I am a U.S. Citizen and i have been dating a Brazilian girl for almost a year now and i just got back from visiting her in Brazil a couple days ago. We have known each other for coming up on three years and we plan to get married and live in the United States. She has lived in Brazil her whole life and i have lived in the U.S my whole life. Now i have been reading up on the K-1 Visa but i am still unclear on how the whole process works. We want to do this the correct way so that everything can go as smooth as possible. What is it that we should do to start the process of moving her to the United States? Do we have to be engaged first before even trying to get the K-1 Visa? Please any information would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello,

I am a U.S. Citizen and i have been dating a Brazilian girl for almost a year now and i just got back from visiting her in Brazil a couple days ago. We have known each other for coming up on three years and we plan to get married and live in the United States. She has lived in Brazil her whole life and i have lived in the U.S my whole life. Now i have been reading up on the K-1 Visa but i am still unclear on how the whole process works. We want to do this the correct way so that everything can go as smooth as possible. What is it that we should do to start the process of moving her to the United States? Do we have to be engaged first before even trying to get the K-1 Visa? Please any information would be greatly appreciated.

This guide should answer your questions:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Here is a flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

And tips

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

All those links can be found in the "guides" section of this site.

Short version: you send an application to USCIS (I-129f form along with supporting documents). They review it, then send it to the National Visa Center after approval. NVC quickly sends it off to the embassy/consulate of your fiancee (brazil in this case). She then is interviewed for the visa (along with bringing some more documents). She then gets a visa to come here, and you two have to be married within 90 days of her arrival.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can follow the K1 guides at the top of the page (make sure you're on a PC). Gather all your evidence of meeting- pictures, boarding passes, receipts, anything that proves you were together.

Engaged for USCIS does not mean that she must have a ring, it just means that you guys are planning to get married and have (obviously) discussed it.

Start reading the guides and follow them exactly. Ask any questions if you have any or need clarification after you've done some research! Good luck!

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.