LocDenz

Question about proof of relationship

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I posted this in K-1 forum, but didn't get any respond yet. Hopefully, someone in here can help me.

I sent my I-190F recently followed by the guide in VJ, I received NOA1 stated my application has sent to CSC already on July/16. In the proof of relationship section, I included 7 photos, airline tickets, inteneraries, photocopy passport shows the time when I was visiting my fiancee. I'm worried that is not enough evidence for the interview later on. Upon checking the embassy reviews in Vietnam, most of the cases seemed to have the pink slip right before the interview and some users mentioned they frontloaded a lot of supporting documents when submitting the application, therefore the interview was easy.

Can you advise if I should contact USCIS to povide more envidence and timeline since I just started this application?

Thanks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I posted this in K-1 forum, but didn't get any respond yet. Hopefully, someone in here can help me.

I sent my I-190F recently followed by the guide in VJ, I received NOA1 stated my application has sent to CSC already on July/16. In the proof of relationship section, I included 7 photos, airline tickets, inteneraries, photocopy passport shows the time when I was visiting my fiancee. I'm worried that is not enough evidence for the interview later on. Upon checking the embassy reviews in Vietnam, most of the cases seemed to have the pink slip right before the interview and some users mentioned they frontloaded a lot of supporting documents when submitting the application, therefore the interview was easy.

Can you advise if I should contact USCIS to povide more envidence and timeline since I just started this application?

Thanks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I -190F? Or I-129F if you're filing for K1. You can't depend on other's case. Some brought loads of pics together, tons of chat log, etal., some just a few. I think you are fine. What most important is the embassy interview. Your fiancé must convince the CO by answering their questions with confidence to prove that your relationship is real.

Edited by Maria4Garrett

Of those 7 pictures that you submitted with the I-129F, how many are your engagement pictures?

It is kinda late to submit more pictures now since you have already filed your I-129F. What you can start doing right now is save all chat log, text messages, emails, etc. and print them out to give to your beneficiary before the interview. If you have additional pictures, send them to your beneficiary, too. But don't send him/her anything until your case is approved and sent to the Consulate in Saigon. Start working on your relationship timeline as well, sort of keeping a journal of all special events that happened in your relationship.

Timeline

@Maria4Garrett: Thanks for your input, its I-129F :P

@frontgear: I didn't have the engagement ceremony, I just sent pictures of us together during my trip and with my family included. We use Zalo and as the text app, can I just take a screenshot and stack them together later on? And for call log, can I do the same with Skype?

Thanks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

@Maria4Garrett: Thanks for your input, its I-129F :P

@frontgear: I didn't have the engagement ceremony, I just sent pictures of us together during my trip and with my family included. We use Zalo and as the text app, can I just take a screenshot and stack them together later on? And for call log, can I do the same with Skype?

Thanks,

I do not know abut Zalo and text app.

What I use for text between me and my fiancee is Viber,, Viber have email history of chat, I send email of text history every month to myself and print them out as proof.

For call log, I been using TMobile international service. and my Tmobile bill have all the call history.

2015-02-10 :Trip to Vietnam to celebrate Tet, meet my fiancee

2015-03-16 :Back to USA, could not file for I-129F, until my divorce paper was finalize.

2015-05-01 :Divorce paper final

2015-05-08 :Submitted I-129F to Lewisville, TX Lockbox via USPS

2015-05-13 :NOA-1 (Received official Receipt Notice from the mail)

2015-06-22 :NOA-2 (Received approval by text and email)

2015-06-26 :NOA-2 (Received official approval, Form I-797) note on the I-797, notice date 2015-06-22

2015-07-21 :Finally able to talk to NVC, got HCM#, case still in administrative review, not going to Vietnam yet.

Thanks,

Vietnam is considered a high-fraud country. Not having an engagement party and pictures will raise eyebrow with the CO's especially when they are well aware of the Vietnamese traditions and customs. I do not mean to rain on your party but be prepared to show a lot of pictures and proofs at interview time.

Are you planning to accompany your fiance to his/her interview?

For call log, I been using TMobile international service. and my Tmobile bill have all the call history.

Is it less expensive than Call V247 or any of those phone card companies?

I got a $75 Call V247 phone card when we first met, planning on using it to call my then-fiancee until she told me about Viber. You can make calls with Viber and they are free. Just make sure that your fiancee has high-speed Internet. She can get 8Mbps or 12Mbps Internet service from FPT (or the other company) for as little as VND 1,000,000 for 6 months, I think. Tell her to setup her Internet router with a password and not share it with her friends and neighbors. LOL

When my wife arrived in the U.S. 11 months later, my $75-Call-V247 phone card still had $71 left! :)

Edited by frontgear

Timeline

Vietnam is considered a high-fraud country. Not having an engagement party and pictures will raise eyebrow with the CO's especially when they are well aware of the Vietnamese traditions and customs. I do not mean to rain on your party but be prepared to show a lot of pictures and proofs at interview time.

Are you planning to accompany your fiance to his/her interview?

I didn't have time when I was in VN for engagement party, I just introduced her to my family, we came out for dinner and took some pictures as well. Later on, I visited her family in Dong Nai, no picture was taken tho. I will make sure she brings all pictures we have with difference places and time to prove that. Also, I'm creating the timeline and gather more proofs like chat log and call log now, hopefully everything will be ok later on. Do we need to notirize the chat log and call log? or just the timeline?

I'm not sure if I should go back with her on the interview day, I'm planning to let her go by her own at first, if she is fail (I hope not) I will come back on the 2nd one.

I'm not sure if I should go back with her on the interview day, I'm planning to let her go by her own at first, if she is fail (I hope not) I will come back on the 2nd one.

There won't be a 2nd interview. If she fails the interview (I hope not, too), you will have to look at the IR1/CR1 route.

Timeline

There won't be a 2nd interview. If she fails the interview (I hope not, too), you will have to look at the IR1/CR1 route.

I thought they will give you a blue slip and ask to come back with more roofs if needed rather than fail you right away?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe they would conduct a 2nd interview for blue slips. If additional document(s) or proof(s) is/are required, you would just submit them to the consulate.

Edited by frontgear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You have a thin amount of evidence. Front loading is important at HCMC. Also the engagement party is pretty important in the eyes of the Consular Officers. It sounds like you are Viet so you understand the societal norms. Trying to get by with the minimum at HCMC is not wise.

She / you both needs to show up with a lot more evidence of your relationship from beginning up to the time of the interview. Chat transcripts, any other correspondence.

How many times have you been here to visit her? Multiple visits are helpful. If needed, come a bit before the interview and have the engagement ceremony.

There was just more things in the news about visa fraudsters here in HCMC. So all petitioners have a big hurdle to overcome.

Best of luck to you, and get working on assembling a lot more evidence of your relationship.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

You have a thin amount of evidence. Front loading is important at HCMC. Also the engagement party is pretty important in the eyes of the Consular Officers. It sounds like you are Viet so you understand the societal norms. Trying to get by with the minimum at HCMC is not wise.

She / you both needs to show up with a lot more evidence of your relationship from beginning up to the time of the interview. Chat transcripts, any other correspondence.

How many times have you been here to visit her? Multiple visits are helpful. If needed, come a bit before the interview and have the engagement ceremony.

There was just more things in the news about visa fraudsters here in HCMC. So all petitioners have a big hurdle to overcome.

Best of luck to you, and get working on assembling a lot more evidence of your relationship.

I just visited her one time, I planned to go back again once she has the approval, but it seems her chance is slim. I think I will come back in early time, have the engagement ceremony before the interview (thanks for this advice), and then I will be there with her on the interview day. Also, I'm working on the chat logs and call logs now.

Based on the K1 progress, it is possible that NOA2 will be somewhere in November and expire on March, can I extend the interview day until May? We plan to have a wedding party as well when I come back, it will be tough for me in financial and availablability to do both things in early next year.

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.