HUSKERKIEV

1st post former NSC adjudicator now petitioner

286 posts in this topic

is the noa2 notice when they pick up your petition and start reviewing it????? and thx again...

Um, the NOA2 is when your petition is 'approved', and is then on its way to the NVC (and eventually the overseas consulate).

Read the guides.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Here's a fun question for you. At every job that deals with people or applications, there are always horror stories or funny stories.

Any funny or horrific applications you've seen that you'd like to share? General stuff of course. Example: hunny bunnys that have sent in "suggestive" photos, etc.?

** WARNING GRAPHIC** Unfortunately Ithink one of the things that stuck with me was a ugly thing but I'll share it with you because I think as USC's we sometime forget what a cold cruel world it is out there. and what a great country we live in despite all of our problems.

At the time I was working Refugee and Aslyee cases and it was very sad to read some of the case histories that were part of the file either by the Red Cross or whatever International Aid agency was helping these people to come here.

The one I recall the most was the family from a southern Africa country (can't recall which one now) but anyway the family were refugees who had fled from a neighboring country. Most of the family had made it out but they (the bad guys) had caught one family member and because he had worked in the deposed govt somewhere his hands wer cut off at the wrists then he was released. He did not get to escape with the rest of the family. There were other gruesome stories also mainly the ethnic cleansing type of stuff or religious persecution type of stuff.

On a happier note, I always liked flipping thru everyones I-129 file pictures. Two people in love and all the good vibes that go along with that!! Woo Hoo!

hello huskerkiev, and thx for the great info...when you get a chance, if you would, i have a question...i asked before and no answers...i was born on a united states air force base in ankara, turkey...father was in the air force and we came back to the states shortly after i was born and i have been here ever since...on my i-129f, under "how aquired citizenship", i put thru parents and gave the number on my certificate of birth of us citizen, sent copy of my certificate of birth of us citizen and certificate of birth abroad...is this correct???

is the noa2 notice when they pick up your petition and start reviewing it????? and thx again...

Ya done good my friend. Any military installation a small piece of the US and anyone born in a US military medical facility/hospital is of course a USC. I come from the same situation except I was born on a base in the US. I put "USAF Hospital, X and Such AFB" and the state. I also put my birth certificate # in the space provided even though I sent my passport for proof of citizenship.

So rest easy my friend. ya done good!

Timeline

2/20/07 - Mailed I-129 to NSC via Express Mail

2/21-07 - Application Received at NSC

2/26/07 - Transferred to CSC NOA1 recieved

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

7/8/07 - Recieved hard copy NOA2

7/20/07 - NVC sends Petition to Kiev

9/26/07 - Interview scheduled

9/26/07 - Visa Issued for K-1

10/07/07 - Scheduled departure to US

10/07/07 - Arrives POE Chicago !! Woo HOO!!

Timeline
HuskerKiev for president 2008!!!!! Wait-free K1s for everyone!

Thanks for the posts, you've been very informative. When does your book come out again?

Actually, Its going to be a made for TV Hallmark movie on the Lifetime network.

or maybe a new version of "myth" busters... :)

Actually it might make a great reality TV show - Like, we really need another one of those.

Timeline

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

Welcome and Thank you, Thank you!!

Of course I have a question too. You mentioned earlier on about "red flags" and of course an over-stay of a visa was one of them. Even though it is a "red flag" can the petitioner still have a chance of obtaining a visa? How long is too long of an over-stay?

These questions are of course for a "friend."

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for the posts, you've been very informative. When does your book come out again?

Actually it might make a great reality TV show - Like, we really need another one of those.

The President slot would be a waste of talent. HUSKERKIEV should be appointed as regional director of CSC or made Director General of USCIS.

You're truly a god-send for VJ! Welcome!

I would like to request that you not accept any PMs and direct everyone to ask you questions in public and make your replies in public so that everyone can read and learn from them, instead of you having to answe the same questions over and over and over again in private. I'd rather you not burn out after one week and leave VJ. So please consider only replying to public posts so your time and efforts are not wasted.

Again, welcome and thanks! Best wishes on your own I-129F approval.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Any of the above is cool....... :lol:

Filed: Timeline

"I would like to request that you not accept any PMs and direct everyone to ask you questions in public and make your replies in public so that everyone can read and learn from them, instead of you having to answe the same questions over and over and over again in private. I'd rather you not burn out after one week and leave VJ. So please consider only replying to public posts so your time and efforts are not wasted.

Again, welcome and thanks! Best wishes on your own I-129F approval."

I enjoy reading the posts in public as well but there's probably people asking questions involving personal circumstances they dont feel comfortable displaying on the thread. Then again there's those people afraid to post a question for fear of another poster jumping in with the "READ THE GUIDES" advice. I didnt know what an NOA2 was when I started out either. :) So here's our options - Why dont we just hold the poor guy hostage or pay him an hourly rate for his advice LOL Maybe Husk can quit his day job!

Edited by MRS BILLY BONG

Husk -

Here's a question for your friend as you may have left before this law was in effect. I am wondering who handles the IMBRA waiver approvals there? Is it the adjudicator or do they send it to a special department? I have one I-129F approved petition (approved December 2005 with an interview date of June 2006) This petition was revoked before the interview. The petition I'll be sending in next week is for a new beneficiary and my waiver is requested based on the fact that im 11 weeks pregnant. How much supporting evidence will I need? Do you know anything about this process? Does it slow things down much?

Timeline
Husk -

Here's a question for your friend as you may have left before this law was in effect. I am wondering who handles the IMBRA waiver approvals there? Is it the adjudicator or do they send it to a special department? I have one I-129F approved petition (approved December 2005 with an interview date of June 2006) This petition was revoked before the interview. The petition I'll be sending in next week is for a new beneficiary and my waiver is requested based on the fact that im 11 weeks pregnant. How much supporting evidence will I need? Do you know anything about this process? Does it slow things down much?

I'll certainly ask for you as I don't have an answer. I am not sure what he was working when he left, because we all worked certain types of petitions until we were moved/trained on adjudicating another type. but I will be glad to ask him for you. cheers.

Timeline

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

Husk -

You ROCK Husk! Thanks

Timeline
Here's a fun question for you. At every job that deals with people or applications, there are always horror stories or funny stories.

Any funny or horrific applications you've seen that you'd like to share? General stuff of course. Example: hunny bunnys that have sent in "suggestive" photos, etc.?

** WARNING GRAPHIC** Unfortunately Ithink one of the things that stuck with me was a ugly thing but I'll share it with you because I think as USC's we sometime forget what a cold cruel world it is out there. and what a great country we live in despite all of our problems.

At the time I was working Refugee and Aslyee cases and it was very sad to read some of the case histories that were part of the file either by the Red Cross or whatever International Aid agency was helping these people to come here.

The one I recall the most was the family from a southern Africa country (can't recall which one now) but anyway the family were refugees who had fled from a neighboring country. Most of the family had made it out but they (the bad guys) had caught one family member and because he had worked in the deposed govt somewhere his hands wer cut off at the wrists then he was released. He did not get to escape with the rest of the family. There were other gruesome stories also mainly the ethnic cleansing type of stuff or religious persecution type of stuff.

On a happier note, I always liked flipping thru everyones I-129 file pictures. Two people in love and all the good vibes that go along with that!! Woo Hoo!

hello huskerkiev, and thx for the great info...when you get a chance, if you would, i have a question...i asked before and no answers...i was born on a united states air force base in ankara, turkey...father was in the air force and we came back to the states shortly after i was born and i have been here ever since...on my i-129f, under "how aquired citizenship", i put thru parents and gave the number on my certificate of birth of us citizen, sent copy of my certificate of birth of us citizen and certificate of birth abroad...is this correct???

Ya done good my friend. Any military installation a small piece of the US and anyone born in a US military medical facility/hospital is of course a USC. I come from the same situation except I was born on a base in the US. I put "USAF Hospital, X and Such AFB" and the state. I also put my birth certificate # in the space provided even though I sent my passport for proof of citizenship.

So rest easy my friend. ya done good!

awesome...i was a little concerned about this...i did the same as you...THANKS A MILLION HUSKERKIEV!!! i feel like we owe you lunch or something...i am sure you will be rewarded in one way or another...too bad the huskers don't play the sooners the day after thanksgiving anymore...have a good one!

K-1 TIMELINE

engaged--------------------------------------dec 27, 06

i129f signed for by "m.salcedo" at t.s.c.---feb 09, 07

noa1 from c.s.c.------------------------------feb 16, 07

nao2------------------------------------------may 07, 07

mailed to nvc--------------------------------may 10, 07

rec'd at nvc----------------------------------may 14, 07

left nvc for kiev----------------------------- may 16, 07

rec'd kiev------------------------------------may 21, 07

interview-------------------------------------july 16, 07

Timeline

Um, the NOA2 is when your petition is 'approved', and is then on its way to the NVC (and eventually the overseas consulate).

Read the guides.

ah!...got it...thx...

K-1 TIMELINE

engaged--------------------------------------dec 27, 06

i129f signed for by "m.salcedo" at t.s.c.---feb 09, 07

noa1 from c.s.c.------------------------------feb 16, 07

nao2------------------------------------------may 07, 07

mailed to nvc--------------------------------may 10, 07

rec'd at nvc----------------------------------may 14, 07

left nvc for kiev----------------------------- may 16, 07

rec'd kiev------------------------------------may 21, 07

interview-------------------------------------july 16, 07

Timeline

Of course I have a question too. You mentioned earlier on about "red flags" and of course an over-stay of a visa was one of them. Even though it is a "red flag" can the petitioner still have a chance of obtaining a visa? How long is too long of an over-stay?

Every situation is different. I am not up on the regulations as I used to be as I haven't been with them for awhile. So I would only be guessing if I told you.

My best adice is to do a Google search on 8 CFR (Code of Federal Regulation) which, again is the regulatory guidance for immigration issues. You can find the complete CFR online somewhere.

Flip through the index and see what part applies to your specific question. Its fairly easy to understand once you re-read it a couple times.

This is good for anyone have a procedural or legal question regarding how immigration laws/policy is applied with regards to your various petitions. Its all there in 8 CFR.

Timeline

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

Every situation is different. I am not up on the regulations as I used to be as I haven't been with them for awhile. So I would only be guessing if I told you.

My best adice is to do a Google search on 8 CFR (Code of Federal Regulation) which, again is the regulatory guidance for immigration issues. You can find the complete CFR online somewhere.

Flip through the index and see what part applies to your specific question. Its fairly easy to understand once you re-read it a couple times.

This is good for anyone have a procedural or legal question regarding how immigration laws/policy is applied with regards to your various petitions. Its all there in 8 CFR.

Thank you very much for the information. I will check this out. :thumbs::star:

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.