40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Getting maried before entry with a K1 is not the intended purpose of the K1 Visa. If you did not know you were doing something wrong at the time, perhaps immigration would understand and you could be forgiven. But another option would be to let that situation pass without bringing attention to it, while you secure a more stable status. You will need to discuss with an immigration attorney to make the best possible plan. It is certain that this may be fixed, but there is also potential for unpleasant consequences.

Timeline

I dont know where to start, i just read a comment, and i realize im also with the same situation, thats why im wondering right know, i dont know what to do, any immigration lawyer you know, that i can call,

Filed: Timeline

prior to K1 visa i got married, now im here at US, one year on August i want to know how to clean up my status? Help please.

Its fraud...See lies always come back to haunt a person, it seem obvious you knew you were not suppose to

but you did anyways thinking you could be slick... No one here can tell you how to fix it, or clean up as you

stated, why not just had a family gathering there, and not a wedding ?

Get an infopass and find outhow to rectify the matter, stuff like this makes it harder for others...Some knows how to

cheat but not hat to do after....how did you figure out suddenly you have a prob, have you been using the foreign

marriage cert here in the US, and what hubby has to say about all this?

Edited by Jawaree

Timeline

I have a feeling they thought the fiancee visa might get denied so got married to start prepping to the CR-1....then surprisingly the K1 got approved and chose to deal with figuring it all out later.

Timeline

Yes that is what happen, and for me i don't know anything about petitioning i just follow what my fiancé said and the embassy told me to do, we're not cheating. If im cheating, i will not react like this.

Timeline

Yes that is what happen, and for me i don't know anything about petitioning i just follow what my fiancé said and the embassy told me to do, we're not cheating. If im cheating, i will not react like this.

I'm not one to say whether you meant to or not, just clarifying. I haven't seen this yet and and interested in what is to be done now for you.

Timeline

Thank you for your concern Shauneg, cause Someone told me im lying and cheating, and its a fraud. Im here to ask some advice not to blame me for what we've done..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Why would you even discuss the marriage in the Philippines? Just consider that a ceremony for your family there, and your US marriage is your real marriage. Don't even mention the Philippines ceremony/celebration. Did you register it with the government or anything there?

That was your goodbye/engagement celebration. In USA was your marriage. Look at it that way.

Edited by I love San Diego

Timeline

There ' s nothing i can do about my marriage in the Philippines, what im trying to seek in here, is what is the best thing i can do? Im here to fix my status, give me advice what to do. Or if there is someone here same situation that can help me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There ' s nothing i can do about my marriage in the Philippines, what im trying to seek in here, is what is the best thing i can do? Im here to fix my status, give me advice what to do. Or if there is someone here same situation that can help me

Again, I don't see the problem. Just consider your marriage in USA to be your one and only marriage.

Did you register your marriage in the philipines with any government, there or in the USA?

If not, then that was your engagement ceremony. That's it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.