Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think Mexico would be the number one place if the girls didn't gain so much weight after they got 18 years old. It just so close to the USA and easy to travel too.

Columbia seems to be the hotspot now of days for getting brides for US guys.

I have noticed a trend in Philippines. It seems like the girls are started to get fat over there, I was in Manila and noticed that last couple of trips. I guess since Fast Food has gotten so popular over there. It seems like cities like Cebu and Davao still have a lot of fit people.

My first few trips to Philippines it was rare to see a fat young person, now of days I see it more and more.

No confusion in my mind as to why... :)

Not sure what you mean.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure what you mean.

What is the header of this topic? WHY...? Like said, no confusion on my mind WHY Philippines is #1 .... ;)

"Why PH Is Fiance Visa Capital Of The World"

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I think Mexico would be the number one place if the girls didn't gain so much weight after they got 18 years old. It just so close to the USA and easy to travel too.

I have noticed a trend in Philippines. It seems like the girls are started to get fat over there, I was in Manila and noticed that last couple of trips. I guess since Fast Food has gotten so popular over there. It seems like cities like Cebu and Davao still have a lot of fit people.

My first few trips to Philippines it was rare to see a fat young person, now of days I see it more and more.

Yes there are many more fat Filipinos .... fast food has arrived, and everyone drinks sodas like water.

Short and cute ... good. Short and fat...... not.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes there are many more fat Filipinos .... fast food has arrived, and everyone drinks sodas like water.

Short and cute ... good. Short and fat...... not.

When they are short and fat they look like a fireplug..............

Timeline

When they are short and fat they look like a fireplug..............

Right now with all the rain and flooding they tend to look like bobbers... :)

We dodged a big typhoon but it is dragging a bunch of rain across the Phils right now. A few more coming behind it.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Right now with all the rain and flooding they tend to look like bobbers... :)

We dodged a big typhoon but it is dragging a bunch of rain across the Phils right now. A few more coming behind it.

You are in PHilippines now?

What area?

Timeline

You are in PHilippines now?

What area?

Yes we are here for a few months, have some business that needed out attention.

We have property in Taguig, just outside Makati. Just got back from Alaminos and a couple weeks before that we were up at Taal Lake. Next I am thinking Palawan.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I been to Palawan 3 trips, Best place I have been Camigiun Island is 2nd just due to all the natural hot and cold springs you can swim in.

I have only been to Sabang is part of Puerto Princess, it where the underground river is. About 1 one hour drive from airport, great white beach with nice waves and no coral or rocks only soft sand.

I have always wanted to check out ElNido but just could never leave where I was staying at Sabang, I hear El Nido is good. I heard Coron mentioned a few times also but I don't have info.

I would rank Palawan beaches far superior to Boracay beaches. They actually have wildlife in Palawan, I have seen monkeys and squirrels, it's enjoyable. If you go check it out, I would love to see a report back from El Nido.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Language is a big factor. Filipinos generally speak English. But having spent a lot of time in Central and South America before Asia, and speaking fluent Spanish, I just didn't like the attitudes down there. Filipinas have a reputation as great wives for a reason.

The title of the article misrepresented its contents. The article spent most of its time explaining why the Fiance visa was better than a spousal visa. It didn't discuss why we choose Philippines over China, Mexico, etc.

We liked Palawan. El Nido was okay. Just boating out to uninhabited islands and diving was the best. We camped on a number of Islands alone and that was mostly a lot of fun until some female tourist guide stopped by with her clients and told us that some tourists had just been kidnapped by Abu Sayyef that day. Why on earth she would tell such a lie is beyond us, but it really shook up my wife and word actually got back to El Nido that she had told us. Our boat captain brought us out a pistol the next morning even though it wasn't true, just so we would feel better.

The underground river in Sabang sucked about as bad as I expected. No, even worse. We don't like crammed tours to begin with but the boat paddler just went on and on about how every formation looked like Mother Mary, a monkey, a turtle, ad nauseum. Not one word on the geology, history, fauna, etc.

Timeline

Language is a big factor. Filipinos generally speak English. But having spent a lot of time in Central and South America before Asia, and speaking fluent Spanish, I just didn't like the attitudes down there. Filipinas have a reputation as great wives for a reason.

The title of the article misrepresented its contents. The article spent most of its time explaining why the Fiance visa was better than a spousal visa. It didn't discuss why we choose Philippines over China, Mexico, etc.

We liked Palawan. El Nido was okay. Just boating out to uninhabited islands and diving was the best. We camped on a number of Islands alone and that was mostly a lot of fun until some female tourist guide stopped by with her clients and told us that some tourists had just been kidnapped by Abu Sayyef that day. Why on earth she would tell such a lie is beyond us, but it really shook up my wife and word actually got back to El Nido that she had told us. Our boat captain brought us out a pistol the next morning even though it wasn't true, just so we would feel better.

The underground river in Sabang sucked about as bad as I expected. No, even worse. We don't like crammed tours to begin with but the boat paddler just went on and on about how every formation looked like Mother Mary, a monkey, a turtle, ad nauseum. Not one word on the geology, history, fauna, etc.

Yea the underground river was no biggie, I have seen much better in Mexico and you could get out and swim in Mexico underground river. I liked the beach in Sabang due to the nice waves. I have figured out most people in Philippines don't like beaches with waves, but I find them relaxing.

Sounds like ElNido is not that cool, Good to get a report on it from someone whom has been there. I will find other places to explore on next trip......

Timeline

El Nido is tiny, and of course caters to international tourists. I don't necessarily recommend this to everyone, but for years before I met my wife, I just stayed with people I met, wherever it looked cool. In the mountains of Kalinga, on the coast of Samar, and to a large degree we did that on Palawan too, moderated by the fact we had an infant son. If we took a boat out and saw a cool island, we either requested to meet the villagers living on it, approached the sole hut, or asked if there was an owner we could contact to stay there.

We met people who were caretakers for big corporations like the pearl companies from Japan, petroleum companies, developers - and they were thrilled to have a few bucks their way in order to let us camp. They'll provide you with fresh water, fish, butcher a pig, etc. for very little money. Most of them were dirt poor and it was very unusual for someone to approach them like that so they had no expectation of big money.

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.