hutchmx92

SSN Problems

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey everyone its been a while since we have been on here, we do have a problem as of now with our ssn, we applied before marrying and married before receiving the card in mail, after marrying we did not receive the ssn card for my wife, we have gone back to the social security office and they gave us the entire speal about no you can not apply for a replacement you are married, which is not correct we know that if the i94 is not expired that marriage does not change the status of her visa, i preceded to argue with the lady and said i wanted a supervisor, (THIS IS ALL NASHVILLE BASED) I told the supervisor the problem and she asked us to wait, she then came back and argued with me more, after about 10 min the lady gave up and lied to us and said well ok its not been 30 days since you applied for the card so we will send you another, COMPLETE LIE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GETTING A REPLACEMENT

DON'T LET THEM PUSH YOU AROUND KNOW YOUR RIGHTS BEFORE YOU GO.

NOW.... still no social security card and we checked and they left out a letter on our address for the building. So we now have applied for the original card and did not receive and applied for a replacement, still have not received but we did contact the post office and our mail man (super nice guy) and he said he has the name and address and will keep an eye out for it

If we do not receive our card by next Friday we will go back to the office and start again and make sure the address is correct this time.

WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO GATHER FROM THIS IS........ GET YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD IN HAND BEFORE MARRYING OR DON'T TELL THEM THAT YOUR MARRIED AND THINGS WILL BE MUCH SMOOTHER FOR YOU.

NOW ..... For us can we send for our adjustment of status without a social security number and get it after her EAD?

Do we apply with her married name on the adjustment of status?

Will we still be able to get the social security card in her married name after EAD?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved form K1 Progress to SSN Forum~

~Inquiry/commentary about SSN process, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ssn not required when filing for AOS, even there is a box to enter it.

Sorry yer having problems at the SSA office.

Have you seen my how-to in the SSN sub-forum?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I share the same sentiments like you do. Meanwhile, yes you can proceed with your AOS and EAD even without a SSN because it's not actually a requirement. Likewise, just go back to your nearest SSA office once you already have your EAD with you (I was told to come back instead).

Since you guys are already married, of course she can use your last name. Just make sure that you will submit a separate set of documets for AOS and EAD. As to when you are going to get your wife's SSN after presenting to them (SSA office) her EAD, I'm not so sure. Just be patient (for all sake we dont have a choice)

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey everyone thanks for the replies, we have a update with the ssc, I actually talked to the post office and our mail man and told them along with leaving a note at the mailbox stating that my wife lives here, we did finally get the Social security card for her and went this morning to the social security office again, we had the same problem as last time but the guy was nice, i had to be a little pushy again to make them understand that the i94 status does not change even after marry, they kept saying that we needed k3 visa to change my wifes names to my last name, but after about 20 min of explaining to them and showing them the application paper for AOS he finally understood it does not change her status only her name, so we were succesful and the new card with her new name is being mailed to us in 7-10 days YAY!!!!

Both times i at the Social security office i was nice and respectful until a certain point then i firmly explained to them and the supervisor that they were wrong and they can verify it on the gov. website about the i94.

All is now good and she should have her new card soon and we will send all the papers for AOS now. (dont be scared to be a little pushy its there job to find the correct info and if they cant its their job to call someone to verify)

Officially Mr. and Mrs. Hutcherson yay!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.