K1-Ghana2USA

Ghana: K-1 Appointment Package

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello.

My fiancé received a letter from the Visa Section of the US Embassy in Accra, Ghana asking to pick up the appointment package. I would like to know if anyone knows what's in that package, and if an interview appointment is already scheduled in it. If not date for the interview is contained in the package, does anyone know how it will be scheduled and how long from the time the package is picked up?

Thank you very much for your help in sharing your experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Africa/Sub-Saharan regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello.

My fiancé received a letter from the Visa Section of the US Embassy in Accra, Ghana asking to pick up the appointment package. I would like to know if anyone knows what's in that package, and if an interview appointment is already scheduled in it. If not date for the interview is contained in the package, does anyone know how it will be scheduled and how long from the time the package is picked up?

Thank you very much for your help in sharing your experience.

You can pick up your packet on Wed, in the letter you received it will tell you when to come to the Embassy. Inside the packet is information on getting your medical, police report etc. The interview date is in packet 4. The Embassy is the only one to give you that appointment. You will take that Call-In-Letter with you to get inside the Embassy. Then go back at 2:00 pm and your packet will be ready.

Our interview was scheduled two months out. So you will have time to get all documents required by the Embassy.

I hope that helps.

Edited by LoveinGhana!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

Dear LoveinGhana!,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and for the information.

Two months wait for the interview? I thought it would have been just one. :(

My fiancé will go to the embassy with the Call-in-Letter next Wednesday. Will it receive Packet 4 that same day? And it will contain already the date of the interview, right? Just to be clear. We need to have an idea of the timing to plan on the wedding.

Thank you so much. :D

Timeline

Dear LoveinGhana!,

My fiancé will go to the embassy with the Call-in-Letter next Wednesday. Will it receive Packet 4 that same day? And it will contain already the date of the interview, right? Just to be clear. We need to have an idea of the timing to plan on the wedding.

Just take the call in letter to the embassy any Wednesday at 7:30am, then return later at 2pm to pick the packets. A friend picked her packets on july 8th nd she's scheduled for August 18th, so her is 5 weeks, mine was 8 weeks so it depends

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Dear LoveinGhana!,

You are very welcome...Yes you get both packets 3 & 4. Packet 4 will have your interview date. They will ask you to show up at 7:30 the day of your interview. Prepare to be there most of the day. I wish you the best of luck!!

Edited by LoveinGhana!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

Thank you Yaoadjo and thank you LoveinGhana!. I really appreciate your help.

My fiancé already obtained his Criminal Record Report and will do his Medical Report once he picks up the package on Wednesday. Do both reports have to be brought in person to the interview? I understand the Medical will be in a sealed envelope. However he did not receive his Report in a sealed envelope? Would that be OK?

Once again, thanks a lot. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.