Janelle2002

Why Muslims are raising money for black churches destroyed by fire

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey - how is Su handling the migration to the Islands?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

White guy using his own money to fix up neglected properties in a black neighborhood is racist

The govt using other people's money to fix up properties in black neighborhoods and letting them get destroyed by the same people that ruined them the first time is urban renewal.

Yes people are that stupid

Typically, when people renovate neighborhoods like that, the people who have been living there are forced out due to the property value being raised.

And black people don't destroy neighborhoods. That happens when the services that were there before leave when black people move in. Without the police and cleaning services, they start to fall apart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flight

The business practices of redlining, mortgage discrimination, and racially restrictive covenants contributed to the overcrowding and physical deterioration of areas where minorities chose to congregate. Such conditions are considered to have contributed to the emigration of other populations. The limited facilities for banking and insurance, due to a perceived lack of profitability, and other social services, and extra fees meant to hedge against perceived profit issues increased their cost to residents in predominantly non-white suburbs and city neighborhoods.[14][15] According to the environmental geographer Laura Pulido, the historical processes of suburbanization and urban decentralization contribute to contemporary environmental racism.[16]

My neighborhood is a prime example of this. When I was a kid, our neighborhood was very nice and clean. That's because there were only a few black families that lived there at the time. Once more minority families moved in, most of the white people went across the Lucas Hunt. They built gates that said Keep Out and you didn't see any black people on that side of the tracks. Over the years, Northwoods descended into ruin, the city doesn't pay for services, and the cops are all but non existent.

I can name at least 5 neighborhoods in my city that used to be exclusively white and I wasn't allowed to even drive there without being harassed. If too many black families work hard and move in, the white families bounce and leave it to fall apart.

How is this possible? You have told us a million times a black man can't be part of anything good in America

You should come here and have a Mai Tai with me. It will do wonders for your reading comprehension...

Hey - how is Su handling the migration to the Islands?

She's back at home. Bringing her son here has been a trial....

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Typically, when people renovate neighborhoods like that, the people who have been living there are forced out due to the property value being raised.

And black people don't destroy neighborhoods. That happens when the services that were there before leave when black people move in. Without the police and cleaning services, they start to fall apart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flight

The business practices of redlining, mortgage discrimination, and racially restrictive covenants contributed to the overcrowding and physical deterioration of areas where minorities chose to congregate. Such conditions are considered to have contributed to the emigration of other populations. The limited facilities for banking and insurance, due to a perceived lack of profitability, and other social services, and extra fees meant to hedge against perceived profit issues increased their cost to residents in predominantly non-white suburbs and city neighborhoods.[14][15] According to the environmental geographer Laura Pulido, the historical processes of suburbanization and urban decentralization contribute to contemporary environmental racism.[16]

My neighborhood is a prime example of this. When I was a kid, our neighborhood was very nice and clean. That's because there were only a few black families that lived there at the time. Once more minority families moved in, most of the white people went across the Lucas Hunt. They built gates that said Keep Out and you didn't see any black people on that side of the tracks. Over the years, Northwoods descended into ruin, the city doesn't pay for services, and the cops are all but non existent.

I can name at least 5 neighborhoods in my city that used to be exclusively white and I wasn't allowed to even drive there without being harassed. If too many black families work hard and move in, the white families bounce and leave it to fall apart.

You should come here and have a Mai Tai with me. It will do wonders for your reading comprehension...

Marvin, I regularly deal with old grant deeds for properties in the City of Los Angeles. It is so depressing to read covenants that bar black people, Japanese and Chinese from living on the property. (Not Hispanic people though, since this was land primarily owned by Mexican-Americans until rather recently.) Of course these are all now illegal and are to be disregarded but still, these deeds are not from 100 years ago. We're talking 50's and 60's.

Sorry to hear about Su's problems bringing her son here. :(

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Marvin, I regularly deal with old grant deeds for properties in the City of Los Angeles. It is so depressing to read covenants that bar black people, Japanese and Chinese from living on the property. (Not Hispanic people though, since this was land primarily owned by Mexican-Americans until rather recently.) Of course these are all now illegal and are to be disregarded but still, these deeds are not from 100 years ago. We're talking 50's and 60's.

Thanks Maven. I can't make her choose between her son and me so I'll take the hit on that one. I knew getting him here was going to be a challenge since around the time we filed for him, I think the Boston Bombing had just taken place. But it is what it is...

You know just like I do how it works. You make enough money to move up, and that's great, as long as not too many of you do the same thing. Then it's a problem...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

home? what? Not in HAWAII WITH YOU ?

oh no !

So, Marvin, how's the bachelor life these days? or pseudo-bachelor life? Most of the pinays there have a sister and you fit the demographic for great husband material (retired military with a job)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks Maven. I can't make her choose between her son and me so I'll take the hit on that one. I knew getting him here was going to be a challenge since around the time we filed for him, I think the Boston Bombing had just taken place. But it is what it is...

You know just like I do how it works. You make enough money to move up, and that's great, as long as not too many of you do the same thing. Then it's a problem...

Big hugs from Ol' Mave-o, Marv. (L) (L) (L)

Edited by Killary

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Wait! So you were batching it when Janelle was there ? Hmm. ?

home? what? Not in HAWAII WITH YOU ?

oh no !

So, Marvin, how's the bachelor life these days? or pseudo-bachelor life? Most of the pinays there have a sister and you fit the demographic for great husband material (retired military with a job)

Sooooo, you think he should find a Pinay because they will want him because he is retired military with a job.

Why don't he find a woman of ANY race who will love, respect him, be kind to him and give him the physical and emotional attention he deserves?

Yeap, people will put it in their will. They will deed property to their family member as long as they don't marry people of a particular race.

Wait! So you were batching it when Janelle was there ? Hmm. ?

What is batching? You mean like processing something?

Yeap, people will put it in their will. They will deed property to their family member as long as they don't marry people of a particular race.

What is batching? You mean like processing something?

Batching it is the present tense of bachelor

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I believe Paul Haggis captured the very essence of this nonsense (rhyme intended) in the movie 'Crash'... You need not go much further than this site to realize that racism, bigotry and unmitigated unawareness abound from immigrants towards other groups.

I heard or read somewhere, something along the lines that 'the problem with racism isn't that first thought that comes to mind that matters. It's the one following that, where all the problems begin...'

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org