Palawan15

St. Luke's Psychological Evaluation experience... anyone?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance had his psychological evaluation at SLEC. He had this done because he had filed for an annulment of which his ex was the one that was found to be the one who has the psychological incapacity. Anyway, after the evaluation he was asked to go to the receptionist on the ground floor and ask her what or where he needs to go next. When he went to the receptionist, she asked him if the doctor gave him a piece of paper, which the doctor didn't. The receptionist then told him to call their office everyday this week for his results.

Has this happened to anyone here? Does this mean that he didn't pass his psychological evaluation? I'm worried that it might mean that he will have to go through a psychological examination which I've read here takes the whole day. I'm so worried about it as it is, because then it's going to be another delay in processing his petition.

I hope someone can help or give me insights or their experience regarding this matter.

Thank you all in advance.

Edited by Palawan15

Timeline

Hi Palawan 15,

I came across this forum and found out that we're on the same boat,but for me my psychological evaluation will be on July 22nd. I'm sorry but I cannot give you an answer to your questions but based on what they instructed me when they scheduled my evaluation, they told me that the result will take 4-5 working days and maybe they also told you that so nothing to worry about we just really need to go through this process.

I have a question coz you already undergo to psychological evaluation and I will be going through soon. Did they asked you when did you/ex filed your annulment? Coz I even don't know mine for the reason that I am working outside the country when he filed. May I also asked what sort of questions did they asked you?

Thank you so much for taking time reading it.

All we need to do is to be positive and pray. As long as we know that we're on the right track. God is with us!

My fiance had his psychological evaluation at SLEC. He had this done because he had filed for an annulment of which his ex was the one that was found to be the one who has the psychological incapacity. Anyway, after the evaluation he was asked to go to the receptionist on the ground floor and ask her what or where he needs to go next. When he went to the receptionist, she asked him if the doctor gave him a piece of paper, which the doctor didn't. The receptionist then told him to call their office everyday this week for his results.

Has this happened to anyone here? Does this mean that he didn't pass his psychological evaluation? I'm worried that it might mean that he will have to go through a psychological examination which I've read here takes the whole day. I'm so worried about it as it is, because then it's going to be another delay in processing his petition.

I hope someone can help or give me insights or their experience regarding this matter.

Thank you all in advance.

This is normal as the Dr. needs time to write up his findings so they can be included with your total medical exam that goes to USEM. The results are ready in about 3-7 business days from time of evaluation. You will get a call to return to finish the exam with the vaccinations which is the last step of the medical exam.

Be patient. You have a long way to go. If you don't hear something in 7 business days then call SLEC for an update. http://www.slec.ph/index.php

More information can be found here on the interview/medical http://tinyurl.com/pq7v5xx

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

This is normal as the Dr. needs time to write up his findings so they can be included with your total medical exam that goes to USEM. The results are ready in about 3-7 business days from time of evaluation. You will get a call to return to finish the exam with the vaccinations which is the last step of the medical exam.

Be patient. You have a long way to go. If you don't hear something in 7 business days then call SLEC for an update. http://www.slec.ph/index.php

More information can be found here on the interview/medical http://tinyurl.com/pq7v5xx

Thank you so much for this information.

Timeline

Hi Palawan 15,

I came across this forum and found out that we're on the same boat,but for me my psychological evaluation will be on July 22nd. I'm sorry but I cannot give you an answer to your questions but based on what they instructed me when they scheduled my evaluation, they told me that the result will take 4-5 working days and maybe they also told you that so nothing to worry about we just really need to go through this process.

I have a question coz you already undergo to psychological evaluation and I will be going through soon. Did they asked you when did you/ex filed your annulment? Coz I even don't know mine for the reason that I am working outside the country when he filed. May I also asked what sort of questions did they asked you?

Thank you so much for taking time reading it.

All we need to do is to be positive and pray. As long as we know that we're on the right track. God is with us!

Hi gjr,

Thanks for your answer. This is my first time petitioning someone and I don't know anyone else who has gone through this in my family so it's a little difficult not to get paranoid about these things. My fiancé was not told that it would take a few days before he can get the result of his evaluation at the time he scheduled the psych eval. Good thing there's this kind of forum that helps people going through this process.

Anyway, the questions he was asked was pretty much what he had written in their questionnaire they gave him when he scheduled his psychological evaluation, it was the same day he went to SLEC for his medical exam. To be more specific, he was asked why and when he filed the annulment, why their marriage didn't work out. Then it was questions about me like how did we meet, how many times have I been to Manila to visit him, what do I do for a living, where are my parents are from and where we used to live. well, basically just a review of what he wrote in the questionnaire.

Do you have a copy of your annotated marriage certificate already? While it will not show you when your ex filed the annulment but should tell you in which court he filed the annulment. Check your MC and just go to the court where the court decision was made, but I think you should've received a copy from the court once they finalized the decision.

Again, thanks for responding to my question. Good luck to us and God bless. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For the record I don't remember anyone failing a Psychological Evaluation.

I also think it is ridiculous to have someone have to do a Psychological Evaluation because of annulment, abortion, etc. I know it is part of the dog and pony show to get medical clearance, but it seems like invasion of privacy to me.

Timeline

For the record I don't remember anyone failing a Psychological Evaluation.

I also think it is ridiculous to have someone have to do a Psychological Evaluation because of annulment, abortion, etc. I know it is part of the dog and pony show to get medical clearance, but it seems like invasion of privacy to me.

Thanks! I needed to see that, I can now tell my fiancé he has nothing to worry about :)

The psych evaluation is a routine procedure in annulment cases, so there's nothing to worry about. I am not aware of any annulment cases that were referred for a psych examination after completing the psych evaluation.

Timeline

Hi Palawan15,

Regarding about when was the specific time my EX filed our annulment, I don't really have an exact answer and I cannot find to my court decision. The Civil Case # was written but really don't know the exact filing of our annulment. The place that my Ex filed our annulment is very very far from my place if I still need to go there and find out. I know the year. Is there any problem if I'll just tell to the psychiatrist the year since I am not the one who filed and I am outside the country?

Thank you for answering.

Good Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.