Jump to content

Fiance' & No Legal Ties to Children - Is there a form for this?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have no idea where to begin looking for this answer and my search generates results about having an adopted child, which isn't the case. Here is my question: Is there any type of form or record that needs to be handled for birth children that are no longer legally his? For deeply personal reasons, he relinquished his parental rights so his ex's new husband could adopt the children. Because he does not have any contact with them, and they are legally another man's children, we did not include them on the k-129f. We are at the place for him to fill out the DS-260 and I just want to make sure there isn't something lurking that has to be handled.

He has access to all the legal documentation and will have it with him, but his original divorce papers do mention custody agreements since the adoptions occurred a few months after the divorce.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense and your sensitivity to this situation is so appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the child has been adopted by someone else there is no tie , it was severed by adoption

Thank you and that is what we sort of assumed, but we also wanted to avoid him not being prepared at the interview since the divorce degree shows custody but the 129F does not include them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

K1 do the DS 160 not 260. I concur with nigeriaorbust on the paperwork. You also do not need the entire divorce paperwork, just the final divorce decree or certificate.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.