5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good evening and happy Sunday y'all. I'm glad that I was introduced to this site by a friend in church today. , I'm a Nigerian by birth, and also an American citizen by naturalization. I want to start filing for my fiance in Nigeria this month or early next month, but the issue is that

, I'm not working yet, can I use my parents as my sponsor, and make them fill the affidavit of support for me or how do I go about it, because my parents file their taxes together , will they fill out 2 different affidavit of support for me, and what will they put as the relationship for my fiance? After the affidavit has been filled, is it going to be submitted initially now with all my documents or later when my fiance in Nigeria has been scheduled for his interview? Can I attach my academic transcript as a proof that I'm still going to school? Please help a sister thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good evening and happy Sunday y'all. I'm glad that I was introduced to this site by a friend in church today. , I'm a Nigerian by birth, and also an American citizen by naturalization. I want to start filing for my fiance in Nigeria this month or early next month, but the issue is that

, I'm not working yet, can I use my parents as my sponsor, and make them fill the affidavit of support for me or how do I go about it, because my parents file their taxes together , will they fill out 2 different affidavit of support for me, and what will they put as the relationship for my fiance? After the affidavit has been filled, is it going to be submitted initially now with all my documents or later when my fiance in Nigeria has been scheduled for his interview? Can I attach my academic transcript as a proof that I'm still going to school? Please help a sister thanks.

First welcome to VJ. Happy to have you here.

The Affidavit of support (I-134) you will be bringing with you to the interview not filing with your I-129F petition So that's a few months off.

You need not attach anything. You would be putting $0 as your income and attach a brief statement why you didn't file taxes (because I was a student). You can have your husband have a copy of your transcripts for the interview just in case for proof. Look over the I134 it pretty much lays out what you fill out and they fill out out one.

You will use the parent whose individual income is sufficient, then you will provide an I-134 from you and one from that parent. On the parent's I-134, put only their personal income and provide a pay stub or employment letter to show the current income. Take their completer tax return copy instead of a tax transcript. That will show the CO which income belongs to the signing sponsor (parent).

The sponsor's household size will include sponsor, spouse, and dependents plus the sponsored immigrant. If the sponsor previously sponsored any other immigrant or immigrants, they count to. You only count if you are your parent's dependent.

Again welcome to VJ.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to K1 Process Forum~

~Inquiry/commentary about K1 process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

, I'm not working yet, can I use my parents as my sponsor, and make them fill the affidavit of support for me or how do I go about it,

Do some research as this question has been asked a million times, very lately. Yes ONE of your parents can be the cosponsor.....usually the wage earner one.

because my parents file their taxes together , will they fill out 2 different affidavit of support for me

You can only have one cosponsor, not two.

, and what will they put as the relationship for my fiance?

Future son or daughter in law.

After the affidavit has been filled, is it going to be submitted initially now with all my documents or later when my fiance in Nigeria has been scheduled for his interview?

Needed at the interview.

Can I attach my academic transcript as a proof that I'm still going to school?

Not needed. You also will complete a 134 form and attach all documents that you can. You'll find this out once you do your research here on VJ. The basics of cosponsorship are discussed all the time, do a search back a week and you'll see.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks so much for your detailed response to my question last week Sunday. I have some other questions today

1. how many photos are required as evidence for a K1 visa, because for now I have 36-37 pictures of myself and my babe

2. Do I need letters from family members, friends to attest to our relationship, and does it have to be notarized??

3. My fiance is in Nigeria, and the way we write our names starts with the last name, then first name, and if probably middle name, but in the U.S you'll start with your last name. The question is, I have written my fiance last name, first name, and middle name beside our photographs to indicate wen and where it was taken. I'm thinking that snide he will be interviewed in Nigeria, should I fiollow their pattern or the U.S pattern, this also goes to the letter of intent to marry, will he use Nigerian style or American style, because you know that I'll be submitting his letter of intent with my k1 form initially. I don't want a RFE of any kind, please enlighten me

E.g last name : Leon first name name : Kevin ,middle name : Tom

Americans will write, I, Kevin Leon Tom, but Nigeria will write Leon Kevin Tom. I'm so confused please help out thnks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.