Ciroc80

NVC and upgrade to USC petition

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My spouse I-130 approved as (spouse of Permanent residence) in February. It was than sent to National Visa Center. I became Naturalized U.S citizen as of mid- March(2015) and had sent NVC enquiry email to change the petition as a spouse of U.S CITIZEN and make it CURRENT. I got email response on beginning May stating

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: XXXXXXXXXX filed by M. H. on behalf of A.M. .

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Petitioner's Name: M H

Principal Applicant's Name: A M

Preference Category: F2A

Your Priority Date:

Foreign State Chargeability: INDIA

Invoice ID Number:

U.S. EMBASSY

XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Federal, Support Contractor

I have not heard anything since than. Its been 55 days of the email. I have contacted congressman regarding the matter. They keep getting response saying the case is under review.

Can anyone tell me What is going on? and how long does it actually takes? I am tired of NVC. I hope nobody has to go through THIS LONG WAIT.

Thanks in advance for your responses..

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Full names removed for your privacy and safety. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.