KASH2011

N-400 July 2015 Filers

1,071 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

can i walkin in my local fbi office to inquire about my pending background checks

You can but they won't provide you with any info about your background checks! They only communicate with the agency that send the inquiry (USCIS) not the applicant!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats!

Hello guys, two weeks after my interview, I just got an update online that i have been placed inline for OATH ceremony. I am so excited after almost 9 months of waiting. My field office is in Detroit and please guys do you know how long it will take to schedule the date for the OATH ceremony? Thank you...

Hello guys, two weeks after my interview, I just got an update online that i have been placed inline for OATH ceremony. I am so excited after almost 9 months of waiting. My field office is in Detroit and please guys do you know how long it will take to schedule the date for the OATH ceremony? Thank you...

Timeline

Yep, that's a pretty standard reply. Now many times after such a reply, applicants find that they are placed inline. This is because (I think) USCIS sends of the standard reply, but then they take a look at your case. If they find that the background check has actually been completed, they'll place you inline. If not, I don't really know what happens; maybe they send a query to the FBI, maybe they just say "it's not our problem".

What I do know is that many applicants (including two in the last week or so here on VJ) were placed inline within a few days of inquiring (either themselves or through a representative). So what I would advise is that you give it two or three weeks and see if there's a change. If not, then your application probably really is stuck in background check.

Now if that's the case, then I'm afraid you just have to wait. A March 2015 applicant was just placed inline this month and it may take as long for you. Your only other option would be to hire a lawyer and try to take USCIS to court... I don't think you should even consider this until your application is well beyond all reasonable processing times (I would not do it before a year has gone by).

This is all just my opinion; if you're looking for expert advice, you'll need a lawyer. If I were in your place (and I might be soon since I'm waiting too), I would wait a month or so and then call USCIS and create another service inquiry. A month after that, I would write to my representatives again. If there's no progress by July, I would talk to a lawyer to understand my options.

You can but they won't provide you with any info about your background checks! They only communicate with the agency that send the inquiry (USCIS) not the applicant!

Filed: Timeline

Congrats! We are in Detroit also. Our son just got the oath letter at the interview. The oath was scheduled for about a month later. We hope to hear from them soon too!

Timeline

Congrats! We are in Detroit also. Our son just got the oath letter at the interview. The oath was scheduled for about a month later. We hope to hear from them soon too!

Thank you. I live in Kalamazoo.. My oath ceremony will probably be in Grand Rapids. I wish you all the best of luck and I pray you hear Good news soon..

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you. I live in Kalamazoo.. My oath ceremony will probably be in Grand Rapids. I wish you all the best of luck and I pray you hear Good news soon..

Did you get scheduled for the oath ceremony?

I had my interview 3 days ago and was recommended for approval :) It's really exciting! I live in Grand Rapids and I hope to hear from them soon.

Timeline

I had my interview 3 days ago and was recommended for approval :) It's really exciting! I live in Grand Rapids and I hope to hear from them soon.

Naijaboy1985, I just got with my friend from Grand Rapids, MI and he had his interview 2.5 months ago and was recommended for approval and he's still waiting for the oath ceremony letter. Did you get yours ?

Polli, I hope you guys get your interview soon! At the Detroit office, people who are recommended for approval get their oath ceremony letter right away. Because I live in the west side of the state, I have to wait months for the oath ceremony, I heard they have a backlog of 400 - 500 people.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Naijaboy1985, I just got with my friend from Grand Rapids, MI and he had his interview 2.5 months ago and was recommended for approval and he's still waiting for the oath ceremony letter. Did you get yours ?

Polli, I hope you guys get your interview soon! At the Detroit office, people who are recommended for approval get their oath ceremony letter right away. Because I live in the west side of the state, I have to wait months for the oath ceremony, I heard they have a backlog of 400 - 500 people.

Hey guys sorry i have been away. I did my oath ceremony 20th of April. I am now a full citizen!! Really grateful cos it been a journey. My Oath ceremony was schedule exactly one month and a week after my interview. All the best of luck guys.

Timeline

Hey guys sorry i have been away. I did my oath ceremony 20th of April. I am now a full citizen!! Really grateful cos it been a journey. My Oath ceremony was schedule exactly one month and a week after my interview. All the best of luck guys.

Congratulations! I am really happy for you :)

I am still inline for oath, hopefully I'll get my ceremony scheduled soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

same here,

i applied 10 months ago, , today my status changed to "we started the interview scheduling process ".

i hope it wont go back to previous state, I recently heard quiet few stories where the status went back

Filed: Timeline

same here,

i applied 10 months ago, , today my status changed to "we started the interview scheduling process ".

i hope it wont go back to previous state, I recently heard quiet few stories where the status went back

Congrats, guys! We are still waiting for the name check to be completed...

• 2 weeks later...

@kevin

did you get your oath letter yet? i'm from grand rapids also. i did my interview like the first week of april 2016. still on line for oat ceremony.

Timeline

@kevin

did you get your oath letter yet? i'm from grand rapids also. i did my interview like the first week of april 2016. still on line for oat ceremony.

Not yet, I'm still waiting... I've been in line for oath for almost 4 weeks. I know that Grand Rapids has 1 ceremony every month, and it's usually the second or third Wednesday of the month, so next one will be June 15. Hopefully we get scheduled soon.

I'll let you know when my status changes. Please keep me posted if you have any updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.