Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-751 Can You Leave Country After Receiving NOA?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there!

Can you leave the country after receiving the NOA for an I-751 file? In a difference scenario, let's say you are approved but haven't received the new Green Card - can you leave the country then?

We will be applying (for my husband) end of January next year and his sister is getting married in England in July. We were really hoping to go, but based on what I am reading about VSC processing times it looks like it is currently taking about 8 months for just the approval (thankfully the NOA is not taking that long)

Any help provided will be great as I need to pass on the info to the bride-to-be.

And thank goodness for this website - it has been a lifesaver in so many ways!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

the NOA-1 on the RoC casefile

contains wording that extends the green card for one year.

best to carry this NOA-1 when travelling, also make copies of it, keep it in different places, scan it and email it around, even keep a copy of it on yer smartphone.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but it's recommended to wait for the biometrics first. The NOA1 extends the green card for 1 year. One can also get an i-551 stamp in their passport.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.