mantis21

Don't know where to start

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

I am new here and please forgive me if I have put this in the wrong forum.

My story is this. I have been to the US twice over the last 18 months on the VWP for around 15 days at a time. I have a US girlfriend and we have been together now for almost two years. She has visited me too in the UK for longer periods of time. Okay to cut a long story short.

We want to marry in the future. We can't go the Fiancé route as we are not ready to marry just yet due to circumstance I want to keep private. Now my girlfriends brother is disabled and needs someone to be with him during the day, and night too. He is elderly suffering with heart problems and diabetes. I am an ex EMT and they wondered whether they could offer me employment as his home carer. Live there with him, (my girlfriend would not be living there) and look after his medical needs, while we wait to marry in the future. I am not looking to circumvent any imigration rules or laws.

Would a work Visa be a possibilty for me to do this? Is there another way I could do this? I really am totally confuesed with all the Visa's that are available.

I also have the opportunity to study part time at a martial arts school to obtain teaching credentials. Is a student Visa a possibilty? I am 55 years of age by the way. So this is only a passing thought.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Student visas are issued to potential students who are chasing a degree program, I assume your martial arts program is not a degree program right?

Secondly, to chase a work visa, your girlfriend would have to show that no other US citizen is able to do that work. you said yourself, you are an ex EMT, not even currently working as one. In your opinion, do you think that is possible?

Others will help you out if they have other ideas.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You won;t get a work via to care for the brother, as there are plenty of trained health care workers in the USA who can do the job.

Are you retired? If so, you would probably have a decent shot at a tourist visa, which would allow you to be with your girlfriend for 6 months a year, but you could not work during that time

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.