jv0814

dallas office 2nd interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

yesterday had my 2nd interview and passed test but office said to me a decision can not yet be made, to wait for a letter by mail about decision or oath letter, he asked me about a traffic ticket back in 2010 i paid off then he asked if i entered illigal back in 1997 and 1998 i said no, he then gave me the white paper that said you passed the enlgish civic test but a decision can not yet be made...

am i gonna get denied am i not elgible to become a US Citizen? please help me..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

yesterday had my 2nd interview and passed test but office said to me a decision can not yet be made, to wait for a letter by mail about decision or oath letter, he asked me about a traffic ticket back in 2010 i paid off then he asked if i entered illigal back in 1997 and 1998 i said no, he then gave me the white paper that said you passed the enlgish civic test but a decision can not yet be made...

am i gonna get denied am i not elgible to become a US Citizen? please help me..

If you weren't eligible then your application would have been denied.

They are trying to decide whether or not to approve your application. You have to wait for the result. They have 120 days to reach a decision but it usually doesn't take that long.

It sounds like they want to check on this illegal entry issue, as long as you never entered illegally then you should be ok once they finish checking.

Why did you have to do a second interview?

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Because the officer said I needed to retest on english part of interview. But I Did enter illegal but when my wife fixed my status I filed a, i601 during my embassy interview like 8 years ago..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

you may want to consult with an attorney just in case. you lied under oath if i am reading correctly. just because you entered with an approved waiver for illegal presence doesnt mean it never happened, it is still on your record which is why it was brought up. my husband entered the us with an approved waiver for unlawful presence and at the airport when he came for the first time, the immigration officer asked him how long he was in the us before, he answered her truthfully and she laughed and said she was glad he told the truth because if he would have lied even after the waiver approval, he would be in problems. they may take it with a grain of salt that you lied, and they may not, but you may want to consult with an attorney.

Timeline

Because the officer said I needed to retest on english part of interview. But I Did enter illegal but when my wife fixed my status I filed a, i601 during my embassy interview like 8 years ago..

You English seems a lot better than many people who pass. Sorry you had to do two interviews.

I'm confused about something though... you said you told the interviewer that you didn't enter illegally, the. You said above that you did enter illegally. So is it that you entered illegally, but not in 1998 (the year he asked about)? As long as you didn't lie then I think they're just checking on things. But you'll have to wait and see.

If you actually did enter illegally in 1998 and you said that you didn't, then that's a problem.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

the thing is that i did enter illegal and did the i601 plus when i applied for a driver license and almost got put away because they confused me for another person saying i had drugs position outstanding warrants but i never received any citation so i'm guessing my name is common and they might of confused me or something... so if i get denied what can i do, do i need to reapply or just stay as a LPR

the thing is that i did enter illegal and did the i601 plus when i applied for a driver license and almost got put away because they confused me for another person saying i had drugs position outstanding warrants but i never received any citation so i'm guessing my name is common and they might of confused me or something... so if i get denied what can i do, do i need to reapply or just stay as a LPR

You should tell officer Yes I entered illegally that is why I needed a waiver i601 before my adjustment status to LPR. I think you should consult attorney with all the facts.

Timeline

Let's clear this up. You said:

"he asked if i entered illigal back in 1997 and 1998 i said no"

Did you enter illegally in 1997 or 1998? If you did, you lied under oath. You may want to consider getting a lawyer. You should not be relying on our advice for something so serious.

If you didn't (you entered at some other time) then you didn't lie and hopefully you will be approved. If not, you can consider appealing the decision or reapplying. Wait until uou get the decision letter.

Let's clear this up.... sorry if I'm a little slow... You said:

"he asked if i entered illigal back in 1997 and 1998 i said no"

Did you enter illegally in 1997 or 1998? If you did, you lied under oath. You may want to consider getting a lawyer. You should be relying on our advice for something so serious.

If you didn't enter illegally in 1997 or 1998 (you entered at some other time) then you didn't lie and hopefully you will be approved. If not, you can consider appealing the decision or reapplying. Wait until uou get the decision letter.

Edited by JimmyHou

Timeline

No i entered on 1999 not 1997 o 1998

i now got in contact with my father and he said that he remembers me trying to enter the united states but doesn't remember if i did or not. he said if i did that those were throwbacks not deportation, any how what if i don't remember i did or if it wasn't me. what can i do? if i contact a lawyer what do i tell him my issue is? i am so stressed out and can't think clearly i'm trying to remember if i did in fact try to enter those years or not

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i now got in contact with my father and he said that he remembers me trying to enter the united states but doesn't remember if i did or not. he said if i did that those were throwbacks not deportation, any how what if i don't remember i did or if it wasn't me. what can i do? if i contact a lawyer what do i tell him my issue is? i am so stressed out and can't think clearly i'm trying to remember if i did in fact try to enter those years or not

it is consistency that counts and honesty. i think if the throwbacks were in fact deportations, you would not have gotten your i601 approved, most likely, so i wouldnt worry about that. that stuff usually gets cleared up with the waivers and/or visa interviews. just see what the letter says when it comes and if it is denied, then consult with a good atty. the issue is if you lied under oath, that is really bad. if you just said no and didnt correct him on the actual year you entered, that's different. for now, just wait for the letter, what's done is done, maybe try to look back at your waiver paperwork to see when you said you entered originally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How do you not know when you entered the US and how it happened? You basically said here you lied to the interviewer, if they catch it good luck on getting anything done you may have just sped up your deportation hearing. Unless you were a kid you should probably know when and how you entered the country, or if you had any other interaction with border patrol before you entered.

Timeline

i really don't remember and today i received an email saying the decision wass made and i should rceive it soon, hope for the best and i'll keep ya'll posted on the case thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.